What exactly is it?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
greenfrog9

What exactly is it?

Post by greenfrog9 »

Simple question for a complicated situation... I'm currently (yes still bound) in a situation I put myself in... But my release is in someone else's control... And yes despite the risks it's a remote (internet) system of sorts that's used... But anyway... Is this selfbondage or bondage? To me it's both? Just wondering what your thoughts are.
bound_jenny

Re: What exactly is it?

Post by bound_jenny »

Interesting conundrum...

Since you put yourself into this, it's self-bondage. Many self-bondagers rely on a two-legged release to get free, especially as a fail-safe. But it's still self-bondage.

But... in your case, your two-legged release is not physically present to let you out, plus there's the fact that when your release happens is entirely under that other person's control. That's bondage under someone else's control. Even if you put yourself into it.

So I'd say it's a bit from column A, and a bit from column B. That's my opinion - others may lean toward one or the other depending on how much weight is put on a particular technicality.

A new question now, what's your fail-safe? :idea:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

My take on it is, you could say it's self-bondage because it is reliant on you putting yourself into the bondage first place. If you didn't do that everything else is irrelevant. The release method is really irrelevant because it could be anything from an ice lock, a pc control release, or a person.

If you were instructed/forced by someone else to self-bound and they had the only release method then it would be bondage.

But I'd agree with Jenny that it is a bit of both. perhaps we need another name for this type of fun.
Semi-self-bondage,
Directed-self-bondage,
Controlled-self-bondage.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

As a great man once said, "forget the labels, just enjoy."
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Ah, this old chestnut.........
I would say self bondage. The knots you can tie on yourself are very limited. What another person can do to you is far more interesting.
In either case, I recommend an independent release, regardless of how it started.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

I put myself in.
You got yourself into the situation without being forced to, or anyone else adding extra layers of restraint.

Would intended SB become bondage if your release failed and your 2 legged backup was required... No, not unless they hold you in the bondage at their will and not yours. Or they add extra layers
greenfrog9

Post by greenfrog9 »

bound_jenny wrote:Interesting conundrum...

Since you put yourself into this, it's self-bondage. Many self-bondagers rely on a two-legged release to get free, especially as a fail-safe. But it's still self-bondage.

But... in your case, your two-legged release is not physically present to let you out, plus there's the fact that when your release happens is entirely under that other person's control. That's bondage under someone else's control. Even if you put yourself into it.

So I'd say it's a bit from column A, and a bit from column B. That's my opinion - others may lean toward one or the other depending on how much weight is put on a particular technicality.

A new question now, what's your fail-safe? :idea:

Jenny.
Actually it's a three way backup system... Technically I could break free if I really had... There's a couple ways of doing that I won't get into... And of course there's always the ability to call 911 in absolutely worst case scenario

Okay so I think the good consensus is mostly self bondage with a hint of bondage added... It was a real thrill regardless and fun :)
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

who cares,its fun!!!!!!!!!!!!