How did you learn to make rope ties secure?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
JIMDINI

How did you learn to make rope ties secure?

Post by JIMDINI »

I have been musing on this for a while, after watching an old movie and thinking even a child could escape from the bondage!

Like many here my interest in bondage sparked watching TV shows and playing cops & robbers, cowboys & indians around 8 years old. But at this time our ties were pretty basic, a few loops of ropes around ankles wrists and bodies secured by bows or reef knots. Obviously with a bit of struggling you could slip free and gags were just scarves tied around the face.
The first time I was inescapably bound was when I was 11.

I was playing cops and robbers with a schoolfriend in an old barn, when his older brother arrived and caught me tying him up, his brother told me I was not doing it properly and took the ropes from me and tied his brothers hands behind as we did but then took two loops between the wrists and tightened the bonds. "Now you, so you can feel how secure this is." said his brother, and tied my wrists behind me in the same way. As I struggled to try and get my wrists loose, he tied his brothers knees and ankles the same way. Then it was my turn, now we were both tied at wrists ankles and knees he sat us down on either side of a post in the middle of the barn. He proceeded to wrap a rope around us securing us to the post. We yelled at him that he couldn't leave us like that. He agreed and picked up the two scarves we used as gags, tied large knots in the centre and gagged us. Then he laughed as we tried to talk through the gags and walked off. We struggled futiley for a while and eventually got free from the post. It took us a while to untie each others wrists but we did get ourselves free, just as his brother came back to release us. We thought of telling tales on my friends brother, but decided that as he had shown us how to tie people up properly we wouldn't.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
kinbaku

Re: How did you learn to make rope ties secure?

Post by kinbaku »

My father was also a security officer at work. He had a mimeographed course on rope knotting.
I received this course from an early age. I learned every knot and at the end knew all the knots by heart.
However, it is only at a much later age that I started using rope as bondage.
In the beginning I only used clothing to tie myself up. The method of cinching then presented itself naturally.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I am still learning. I would say that television programmes usually feature poorly executed knots, and gags that only look good. Innovative Fiber Arts is one online source I can quote, having seen their tutorials on YouTube. Apart from that, just seeing pictures of the finished project, I can usually deconstruct the ties and see how they were done.
One of my mini games in a sort of punishment/training sessions I call "Rope tricks". I am required to have instructional videos playing as I practice ties with my own rope. To get better at self discipline.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I was a boy scout before being kicked out when I was caught being "naughty" with a girl guide during a joint camp. The only badges I got were woodcraft, first aid and knots. All rather handy in later life. :)
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

I was also a 'boy' scout for a few years in my childhood. But I also learnt bondage specific knots by browsing the internet. We had an exercise to tie two bamboo poles together. I imagined them as wrists so I employed a double column tie, with reverse tension and cinching. The instructors were quite impressed and had a smile on his face. To this day I cannot stop wondering if he knew I was using my knowledge of bdsm...

Also we also had a time when someones dad was a cop and let kids play with handcuffs. I asked him if his handcuffs could double lock, and he must have been shocked that a little kid could know that...
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
Shannon SteelSlave

2 reasons for concern. Either you are a junior BDSM expert, or a young professional criminal. :rofl:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:2 reasons for concern. Either you are a junior BDSM expert, or a young professional criminal. :rofl:
Judging by his Avatar: a Japanese 'junior BDSM Expert' robot: "Do Go Go Go" (=Katakana). :)
... or maybe both! :roll:
Shannon SteelSlave

But what did the father think?
👠👠
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:2 reasons for concern. Either you are a junior BDSM expert, or a young professional criminal. :rofl:
Or both... 8) I also had a lockpicking hobby and liked finding exploits in the school computers. I never did anything bad, but I guess i could make a good criminal :facepalm: :twisted:
Restrict one of your senses, you heighten the others. Close your eyes, you can hear better. What if you're unable to move, speak, nor see, yet only able to feel the pressure of the ropes tightly yet blissfully binding your body, how free must the mind be?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

AllieXBow wrote:Or both... 8)
I was right! :D

... Yet for this once. :facepalm: :whip:
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

AllieXBow wrote:
Or both... 8) I also had a lockpicking hobby and liked finding exploits in the school computers. I never did anything bad, but I guess i could make a good criminal :facepalm: :twisted:
:idea: You have a resume worthy of a Mission Impossible team... :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
AllieXBow

Post by AllieXBow »

bound_jenny wrote: :idea: You have a resume worthy of a Mission Impossible team... :wink:

Jenny.
:rofl: haha
Also do you remember any bondage scenes from mission impossible? Like Ethan Hunt tied to the stretcher thing, and in the lastest one there is Solomon Lane in a straitjacket and later in a hogtie. Faust was also tied to a chair. But luckily for her the rope was way too thick and clumsy as well as solomon lane not being good at rope.

Also I think in John Wick, they handcuffed the bad lady, Ms Perkins to a chair but she escaped which was very dumb. She then killed Harry which was very sad imo. This could have easily prevented by searching the subject for any tools that could be used to pick a lock. She also was tape gagged. Which implies Harry had duct tape. Therefore he could have wrapped her hands in duct tape, rendering them useless. If I needed to restrain a dangerous assassin who almost killed me Im going all out on restraints. Not just handcuffs and a flimsy chair.

EDIT: she actually didnt pick the lock, instead she dislocated her thumb to escape. However the duct tape still works as it prevents the hand from collapsing. Even if you could get out there is no way to operate a gun with taped hands
Last edited by bound_jenny on 17 Sep 2021, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed busted quote tags