Using cable / zip ties for self bondage.

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
restricted

Using cable / zip ties for self bondage.

Post by restricted »

One thing that came up was that zip ties can tighten themselves up while you are pathetically struggling to escape from them. Yes, they could cut off the circulation and cause a lot of damage.

However, thinking about it you would need spares which could be used as a measurement. I'll use the wrists as example,. but it's the same for ankles, etc. There are several ways of making them safe.

1/ Cut the lock part off of one. Measure the diameter of your wrists. (Wrap it round like a spiral and don't lock it). Decide how narrow you want it and slide the now separate lock down the down the zip tie. Glue it or use a hot iron to melt it to where you want to have it. (Gorilla Glue?). It isn't wasted as when you cut the zip tie, the head of the used one becomes the lock for the next time once you cut that off.

2/ A little Duct tape wrapped around the zip tie between the lock head and the outside . Make that to the minimum diameter it want it to go and wrap it. That way it will have to go someway to move the tape. Now you have a minimum diameter for the zip tie so you can rest assured it won't go any narrower.

3/ A rubber tube that is not too large for the zip tie. Thread the zip tie through it and it forms a safe hand binding etc. .

4. Once you know the minimum diameter you want, get a pair of pliers and pinch the zip tie back on itself as hard as you can. (Maybe glue it?) The lock will not be able to pass that area. You could put a washer over the turned back part, force it down and put a safety pin through the hole created by the washer.

I hope this helps some out.
We have ways of making you happily suffer. You WILL enjoy yourself. That's an order.
Blacky

Re: Using cable / zip ties for self bondage.

Post by Blacky »

There's another way of creating a "safety lock", at least on the wider types.

First, determine the length of the zip tie you'll want to use by wrapping it around, e.g. your wrist, if that's where it's going to go.
Mark that length.
Then, in a position very slightly shorter than the marked length, punch or drill a very small hole through the ziptie.
Next, thread a paperclip (preferable) or a safety pin (slightly riskier, see below) through the hole.

You can now apply the ziptie. It cannot overtighten more, than up to the point where the clip (or pin) touches the "head" of the zip tie (the part that keeps the ziptie locked, once it's passed through, you know what I mean).
A paperclip is a bit safer here, as a safety pin coiuld accidentally be opened by the zip tie's head and then slip out of hole, thereby unblocking the zip tie.

On second thoughts, a short length of twine passed through the hole and knotted in a suitable manner could also work.
I'd go for the paperclip, though, if I were to go for zipties in the first place, that is.

As usual, stay safe and hve fun.

Kind regards,

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)