samsung blu-ray player bootloop

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
ponylady

samsung blu-ray player bootloop

Post by ponylady »

anybody else in here got bitten by that one, too ?

after about 2 hours waiting in the service-hotline i got my repair-ticket yesterday.
[
thatthat21

Re: samsung blu-ray player bootloop

Post by thatthat21 »

I have a blu-ray player, heard about the problems online. Got my player like 6 years ago and think I have used it like one time to watch a DVD. With everything online now days, never really needed it.

But as for reading about it, last I read there was not really a fix yet for the problem. Something might have changed I will let you know if I find anything.
bound_jenny

Re: samsung blu-ray player bootloop

Post by bound_jenny »

I own a Samsung TV, a Samsung computer monitor, and my trusty old Samsung flipphone I bought in 2012 after my stupid Nokia flip nearly broke in half at the hinge from just using it normally for a few years. Neither of the three Samsung units are connected to the Internet. Neither do I want them to be.

I detect a huge lawsuit (there are already some US law firms "booting up" some class action suits against Samsung) coming down the pike. Either way, it's not going to be a cheap problem to fix, and Samsung's future lies in how it responds to customers' complaints. If they adopt the "pound sand" approach, their market share will shrink like a weenie in ice water.

My solution? Simple:

1 average drinking glass
1 faucet

Fill drinking glass with approx. 250 mL of water using above faucet. Temperature is irrelevant.

Pour contents of glass into defective equipment (preferable while plugged in).

Enjoy sense of satisfaction for ten minutes, then go buy a different brand.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!