Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
kinbaku

Re: Corona

Post by kinbaku »

Riddle wrote:What am I to do?
I've never worn the masks that the congregations handed out to everyone. And fortunately, because afterwards it turned out that they were made of a bad material.
If I were you, I'd just keep wearing the cloth mask that fits you. You can wear them only when you feel at risk: like many people near you that you don't know.

But a small missing of myself, now that everything had been released here in Belgium, was enough to give me Corona as a gift :rofl: . That although I had seen myself that the numbers went back up. Own fault. :facepalm:
Fortunately, it was not too bad for me: only the feeling of having a cold. I am doing much better now and I hope that the selftest I brought from the pharmacy will be negative for Corona on Friday. So that I can go back among the people on Saturday. :D
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Yippie A Yeah, today I tested negative for Corona. :D
CovidTest_20220401.jpg
CovidTest_20220401.jpg (13.93 KiB) Viewed 2719 times
The C indicates that the test was successful and if there would be a red line at T, then you have Corona.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

kinbaku wrote:Yippie A Yeah, today I tested negative for Corona. :D
CovidTest_20220401.jpg
The C indicates that the test was successful and if there would be a red line at T, then you have Corona.
For a while I thought you took a pregnancy test. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Can that test actually detect pregnancy? What else?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I don't know if it's also a pregnancy test, but I don't think I got pregnant as a lonely man. At least let's hope not. I don't feel like changing diapers after nine months. :lol: :rofl:
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

This is the first day I've felt like switching the computer on and catching up with you all. I've just spent a few days in the hospital due to covid. I came out Thursday and am still very rough with it. The last days have been a blur and when I was told I'd be going home I had absolutely no idea what day it was or how long I'd been in hospital. The doctor told me she'd have preferred to keep my in for a few more days but they are so inundated with covid cases that they are having to release the "almost better" cases to home care. So here I am rough but still alive, I'm totally knackered and completely lost my voice. So you'll have to excuse my lack of participation in the recent past and future.

It hasn't and still remains a not nice experience, frankly, I thought I was on the way out and still feel it's possible but the one thing that has concerned me the most during my conscious hours is the guilt that is consuming my wife. She caught the virus first from work and then passed it on to me. She had no more than cold/flu-like symptoms but as one of the vulnerable, that section of the community the UK government doesn't give a dam about, it put me in hospital. I could go on about the ridiculous attitude of the UK government and a large section of the general public but frankly, I just can't be arsed.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:I've just spent a few days in the hospital due to covid.
:shock:
Glad to hear you're out of the hospital anyway. :D

Like your wife I've had it with fewer symptoms, but although I'm cured, I still have periods when I have to cough. I had already stopped taking the cough syrup after 4 days so as not to get addicted.
According to the doctor, however, I could take it longer, so I started a course of a week with the cough syrup again, in the hope that it will be over by then.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

bounddosster wrote: I've just spent a few days in the hospital due to covid.
I'm so happy that you're well and getting back to normal. I've been through Omicron and though it was touted as being "mild", it sent me to the mat.
kinbaku wrote:ike your wife I've had it with fewer symptoms, but although I'm cured, I still have periods when I have to cough. I had already stopped taking the cough syrup after 4 days so as not to get addicted.
According to the doctor, however, I could take it longer, so I started a course of a week with the cough syrup again, in the hope that it will be over by then.
It took a few weeks for me to clear the cough too. That damned virus did a number on my airways and it took time to heal. Now I'm OK.

All it needed was some patience, a lot of will, and a bit of faith. And the fact that I've survived far worse (and scarier).

Take care, both of you. :love:

Jenny.
Shannon SteelSlave

We'll be here for you, Dosster, for any support. I notice every time you take a break from here. (If those are the right words)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Well, thank you for your concern and well wishes.
Yes, Shannon, I do tend to dip in and out, I just sometimes run out of things to say and life gets in the way but this time I really thought I wasn't coming back having lost family to covid I really thought oh dear I'm heading for half a day out with the undertaker but I'm still here alive and kicking, well, alive, coughing, sucking oxygen and just feeling half dead.

Thanks to all, I'll keep poking my head in and see what is going on.
ErinBound

Post by ErinBound »

I don't know how to stay safe, because I did everything, but still got sick twice
Shannon SteelSlave

ErinBound wrote:I don't know how to stay safe, because I did everything, but still got sick twice
Yeah, I hear it's making a comeback. Haven't listened to NPR in a while, is it a new strain?
I had hoped everyone would be clear of it, as only my friends in the medical profession have been calling to report their illnesses, and later, thankfully, their recoveries.
We'll just have to return to 2020 safety practices by our own initiative. I believe social distancing and isolation are the best measures, masking and washing I suppose next.
But, as Erin said, even doing everything right still seems to evade protective measures. Forget one time, "trust" the wrong person, and it walks right in.
A good set of Frequently Asked Questions about the vaccines may be found here : https://www.walgreens.com/topic/promoti ... accine.jsp
Stay safe, stay healthy. Shan' :hi:
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Quebec lifted the mask mandates on public transit recently, and a bit before that on public spaces. It only remains in hospitals and other care facilities where a lot of vulnerable people could be exposed.
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:We'll just have to return to 2020 safety practices by our own initiative
Exactly. This sort of thing has to be an individual decision. We all have the ability to do that of our own free will. If I were sick, I'd stay home. If I see or hear someone coughing their lungs out, I'd give them a wide berth. I don't judge anyone who still wears a mask.

Common sense is something we all have and is far too often under-used.

I've also heard huge COVID infection numbers in the tens or hundreds of thousands, but even the media have treated that as hardly more than a footnote. COVID has tuckered itself out, though it's more contagious, it's also much less severe than when it was first let loose on the world. By now, just about everyone got it, most likely without symptoms.

And meanwhile, monkey pox seems to have come and gone in the media. Even they lost interest.

Jenny.
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

Masks have all but disappeared here in the UK.

When the legal requirement for them to be worn in places like supermarkets was first lifted I would think that approximately 80% of the shoppers continued to wear one. These days it is probably only about 5% that do.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Sashauk wrote:Masks have all but disappeared here in the UK.

When the legal requirement for them to be worn in places like supermarkets was first lifted I would think that approximately 80% of the shoppers continued to wear one. These days it is probably only about 5% that do.
I still wear one and I get some people saying "why are you still wearing a mask you don't have to now covids gone". I just shake my head and ignore them now, I'm not going through that again.

The British Govt seems to have given up on covid and the media don't bother anymore. Here is some Govt. logic for you.
It is soon to be announced that no one will have to wear a mask even in hospitals but care home staff will still have to wear them but regular testing of the residents and staff will end.
We currently have a situation where. The staff wear masks and are tested and visitors don't have to wear masks and don't need to be tested.
Covid is still rampant in care homes but no one gets to hear about it. When a home has an outbreak it gets locked down which means any resident currently in hospital is not allowed back and stays in the hospital even if well, it also means no one new can be taken into the homes 87% of which are sitting in hospital perfectly well but can't leave because they can't get into a care home or have home care. This has been going on for months now and they wonder why people are dying in ambulances outside hospitals because there is no room in A&E to treat them.