Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Corona

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Total Cases 31,969,940 Global Deaths 978,059
Many schools are trying to reopen for in person sessions. Some have had to go into immediate re quarantine for at least 2 more weeks.
Is anyone planning to get the vaccine early?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Early like trial? They're actually seeking trial participants locally, but I'll pass. I'll certainly get it upon FDA approval of one.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Here in the UK, the government has given the go-ahead for challenge testing next week. Which is giving young healthy volunteers a vaccine and then infecting them with the covid19 virus and monitoring their progress.
Errhhhh! Yes well,
I think the testing program is going to be call "British roulette".
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

We call it "Warp Speed". Good like getting anyone to inject that into their arm. :rofl:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Lots and lots of folks in phase 3 trails, in the US and globally. Moderna alone has 30K in the US, and J&J is the fourth into domestic phase 3.
Shannon SteelSlave

How is the vaccine development in England? Are you people any more enthusiastic about receiving it?
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Second wave has pretty much arrived in the Netherlands. 2500+ new confirmed infections yesterday, a new record, and deaths and hospitalizations are on the rise again. Not really surprising as people seem to have stopped caring at all (There's a friggen fair going very close by, people packed together and no way they are maintaining distancing... who though that was a good idea?) Part of the reason we see these large numbers is because more people are now getting tested, but the testing facilities are now overwhelmed (again, because our government is incompetent) so we'll see how things go. We'll be getting another partial lockdown soon I'm sure.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Gregovic wrote:Second wave has pretty much arrived in the Netherlands. 2500+ new confirmed infections yesterday, a new record, and deaths and hospitalizations are on the rise again. Not really surprising as people seem to have stopped caring at all (There's a friggen fair going very close by, people packed together and no way they are maintaining distancing... who though that was a good idea?) Part of the reason we see these large numbers is because more people are now getting tested, but the testing facilities are now overwhelmed (again, because our government is incompetent) so we'll see how things go. We'll be getting another partial lockdown soon I'm sure.
The same for Belgium. I don't quite understand the government. Despite the fact that the cases of illness are increasing (yesterday +1881 for a small country), this time mainly among the young, the measures are being weakened on Wednesday.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:How is the vaccine development in England? Are you people any more enthusiastic about receiving it?
I guess there must be some volunteers out there, they are generally paid but as most of it is run by private companies with a profit motive people don't trust them.
We all love and respect the NHS but private companies are becoming to involved and trust is going.
Well "Bonehead Boris" keeps telling us Britain is at the forefront of vaccine development. But as Boris is a politician and so far completely messed things up we generally apply the golden rule when dealing with politician's, that being, If their lips are moving they are lying.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 33,743,035 Global Deaths 1,009,593
I just can't help but wonder what the Holidaze are going to be like. Going to have to design a costume around the mask.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 35,567,574 , Global Deaths 1,045,563
I don't know what can be said about this week.
Stay safe, don't let your guard down, and be ready for any eventuality, especially that which may come from a 2nd wave requiring a lock down.
If you're reading this, you are already doing a commendable job.
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

4500+ new cases in the Netherlands, 80 hospitalized, 21 dead. Things are taking off again.

One of my co-workers tested positive yesterday. Kinda glad I haven't been to the office in 2 weeks now, even though the isolation of working from home is getting to me. :|
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 38,304,172 , Global Deaths 1,088,463
Where do we stand on acquired immunity?
👠👠
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Ongoing University of Arizona study, under relatively well-known immunobiologist Deepta Bhattacharya, is 6+ months in since March and none of their initial antibody-present subjects have lost them. This study has not published as yet, and the reporting all claims they "found 5-7 months", but that's not actually accurate... 6 months and counting. There have been two studies claiming 3 and 4 months respectively, but I'm not familiar with their specifics... just that they're often referenced in the same articles.
Sashauk

Post by Sashauk »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Total Cases 38,304,172 , Global Deaths 1,088,463
Where do we stand on acquired immunity?
Acquired immunity might not be the answer we are looking for to combat this pandemic.

I read the other day that there have been a number (albeit a small number) of documented cases of people getting Covid twice. The viral signature on each occasion was unique so it was not just a recurrence of the initial infection.