Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Corona

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

So, what is everyone doing to stay safe? Avoiding Mexican beer? Or at least wiping the mouthpiece on your shirt first? Masks?
Anyway, I have an idea. I must be doing something right, because I am Corona free. I don't want to share my idea, because I secretly hope for an "I am Legend" situation. Who will be the first to guess my solution?
Last edited by bound_jenny on 01 Apr 2020, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added goopy stuff to make topic sticky (must wash hands now)
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Re: Corona

Post by bound_jenny »

I'm telling anyone with the sniffles or cough to stay far away from me. Very effective against contagion.

I get the flu shot every year. I wash my hands regularly. I don't mess around with my health.

As for coronavirus, I will a) stay away from Mexican beer and b) hope earnestly and strongly that I won't get it. Since my unfortunate business with the zombie hamster in my skull, my immune system is regulated from a pill container. The vast majority of people will just get a bad flu as far as symptoms go.

I'll end up in the hospital. Or worse. :shock:

Not my cup of tea, thank you. :roll:

I also hope that the popinjays in charge are actually serious in controlling and containing the damned bug. I am always extremely suspicious of any politician (or a doctor that behaves like one) that goes on the telly and mellifluously admonishes us not to panic. All with an insincere smile.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I live in the country, outside of a small town (village really... at least the sign says so) in the middle of no where...
Well, maybe to the left of no where...
Don't see too many people, even fewer stop when passing through...
But, I welcome the chance to be exposed to what ever comes around.
No flu shot in over... 30(?) years.
Haven't been sick more than 1, maybe 2 days at a time, in 30(?) years...
Usually, I can beat it back in just a short time.
When I start feeling run down, I hit the Nyquil heavy and heavy on the OJ, and off to bed...
95% of the time, I'm over what ever it was...
In 7 years, I think I lost 3 days, 1 at a time, even while transporting medical samples.
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
sweh

Post by sweh »

Dark_Lizerd wrote: Haven't been sick more than 1, maybe 2 days at a time, in 30(?) years...
Usually, I can beat it back in just a short time.
When I start feeling run down, I hit the Nyquil heavy and heavy on the OJ, and off to bed...
95% of the time, I'm over what ever it was...
Yeah, that sounds like a standard bacterial infection response. I get that ("back of throat is sore; I should take tomorrow off work..." Next morning "oh, all better now! The whiskey worked!"). Since you live in a small community you probably don't get exposed to the bad stuff so much. I'm stuck on a commuter train for 3hrs a day, full of people working in New York City, and in an office with hundreds of other people for 8 hours. I get exposed to a lot. I got the flu last year (first time as an adult) and for a couple of days it was hard work to walk to the kitchen to nuke food. This winter I got the jab.

COVID-19 is like the seasonal flu on steroids; maybe 10 times more deadly and much more infectious. It's (currently) not as bad as the 1918 Spanish Flu ("worst flu, evuh!") but bad.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

bound_jenny wrote:I also hope that the popinjays in charge are actually serious in controlling and containing the damned bug
I'm afraid that cat's well out of the bag - the Chinese authorities really screwed the pooch on this one, jailing doctors trying to organise a response and failing to institute any kind of quarantine until after the start of the new year holiday, when millions of people travel home. Their subsequent actions have been pretty heroic, but at this late stage they're not going to be able to do any more than slow it down.

It sounds like for a most people, coronavirus infection isn't much worse than a bad cold, but the countries where most of the action is (China, Iran) are notoriously bad at communicating accurate numbers, so no-one really has an idea what proportion of infections turn nasty. I've heard numbers ranging from 2% to 50%, and that's nowhere near accurate enough to plan anything. I suspect that the actual number is low, because that that partly (alongside the above fucked-up response) explains how it got away so quickly ... if the majority of infections are asymptomatic or minor, then it's much harder to track and stop.
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

Just treat every one like that have something, you know my normal day to day life. I do not want to get anything from some one else. Also if in the states, stay away from restaurants in any kind of out break.... I have been with some one that was a server, I know they will all show up at work ill, because they can't afford to not work. I have watched them pass around the flu and colds all the time up there. I treated my partners like they have the pelage any time they are ill. You have to to make sure you do not get ill your self. clean your body all the time, it will keep you from getting it as well. Also recall a cough can travel a long ways, try to keep them from having congestion, and coughing as much as you can also gloves are better than masks, your hand are going to get you sick before just breathing any thing in.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

COVID-19 isn't the big scare many (want to?) make it out to be... or at least there is little to do to prevent its spread. at this time. Given the fact that the disease is now know to have been in Wuhan for several weeks prior to any action by anyone, it's quite likely that it was already present in the major trading centers of the world well before anyone started looking for it. The first known case was symptomatic on 1 December... which means an average of a week-long asymptomatic period prior to that, and at least some period in which that person was both asymptomatic and infectious. The virus can live at room temperature on surfaces for up to nine days. No one outside of China had more than a trickle of information via social media, and the first external actions started appearing in the beginning of January.

I go through this to ask the following:
1 - Considering the volume of travelers and shipment of products from Wuhan, what is the chance the virus remained within China for the month of December?
2 - I assume you must answer 0%, which means there were cases in at least major travel centers around the world for a minimum of the second half of December. Why don't we know about them?
3 - In the US at least, there has been extremely limited testing. We know of something like 60 cases out of 400 people tested, with 2 deaths. However, if we assume COVID-19 has been in the population since mid December, how many cases have there really been, and what does that indicate about mortality rate?

It seems most likely that COVID-19 is much more like the seasonal flu than it is like Ebola. Moderately high transmission rate means everyone will have it eventually. This year, next year, ten years. Much lower mortality than the current visibility indicates. Our major sources of information to-date have been China and Iran. Not only do both regimes lie, there hasn't been any comprehensive testing. No one with mild symptoms is being tested for COVID-19.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

IMHO the biggest problem with this virus is the media.
there is something happening they cant blame on Trump so the have to invent another crises.
Shannon SteelSlave

So, we seem to have good plans and understanding of this thing. What we learned from "Out Break" (1995) and the "Resident Evil" franchise seems to be helpful. I wonder if the efficacy of a ball gag is similar to a mask in preventing the spread.
What I find more interesting is the effect on the economy.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

The impact on the economy is real, but also often overblown. The radical swing in the US markets is based on the unknown, not on reality.

As folks probably know, my primary business is sex and spanking machines. While I use domestic components of higher quality where I can, the reality is many of my components -- and parts of the US-sourced things -- come from China. Early on, I increased my stock levels of components to protect from any shortages... and those could have materialized. My Chinese motor supplier was down completely for an extended New Years, and is presently claiming operations at 50% of normal (this definitely does not match up with the claims by China about the virus in-country, by the way). Other suppliers have indicated potential, but not actual, shortages thus far.

I have another more recreational business in a sector very dependent on China. There have been extensive delays in parts and supplies relevant to this business, because most suppliers do not hold significant stock... they either drop ship or receive frequent shipments. Had it not been Chinese New Year, I expect shortages would have brought this industry to a temporary halt, but because of the anticipated stoppage of business everyone did have a preparatory stock level that has helped. Very small and specialized industry.

I also build minibikes and karts for fun. Lots of parts are currently out of stock in this area.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

As of this morning, there have been 9 deaths in the State of Washington alone, most from one outbreak in an assisted living facility. I believe this is from 19 confirmed cases. The number of cases in the mideast and China are vastly under reported, so we really have no idea how widespread this is, only that more countries are reporting cases every day.
Best we can do is stock up on necessities and be prepared to shelter at home for an extended period to try to avoid infection.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

The government censors the media in China, and thus, the under-reporting of confirmed cases.
Stay safe CD. You would definitely be missed here.
As a matter of fact, don't ANYBODY die. Stay informed, don't panic. I did hear that quarantine is making a comeback, so try to have at least 2 weeks worth of food, meds, and bondage supplies, in case you get mixed up in that mess.
👠👠
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

I've heard commented that some cases are being detected after the 14 day quarantine...
It could be that this takes longer than the normal 14 days...
This would mean that it could get passed around further before anyone shows any signs...
(think of the latest remake of Planet of the Apes...)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
Shannon SteelSlave

What I heard from the National Public Radio 5 hours ago, was advice about stockpiling for 2 weeks, in case of quarantine. I heard that story about symptoms lasting longer, and also there are carriers, before and after the fact of symptoms. I think quarantines are bogus, but could be made more fun with bondage. :)
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

And remember the sage advice on the cover of 'The Hitchhikers Guide To the Galaxy' "DON'T PANIC" .
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.