Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Corona

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I don't post "recovered" cases because I can only seem to find the US figures, add to that, an unclear definition of a recovery, or even a proper diagnosis for that matter. We also don't count people hiding as they recover, never tested, and never told anyone why they are absent from duties. I wouldn't find a total number of recoveries to be particularly useful, as it is now known that a person can get it more than once, more data to support individual inherent or acquired immunity is needed.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Based on my own research, claiming that is "now known" is a substantial overstatement. This is the best reasonably current article I have on the subject of second infections following recovery:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... rus-twice/

Pull quotes:

Daniel Griffin, an infectious-diseases doctor and researcher at Columbia University Medical Center, said that with every virus — including chickenpox, for which antibodies are supposed to last a lifetime — there are cases of people who become sick again after recovering from the initial illness. When it comes to Ebola, American doctor Ian Crozier was declared free of the virus but then doctors found it lurking in his eye. In HIV/AIDS cases, a baby in Mississippi born to an HIV-positive mother was thought to be cured but then the virus reemerged 27 months after therapy was stopped.

So in a world where 14.5 million people have had the coronavirus, a small number with resurgent sickness should not be cause for alarm. “The big question is: Is that a rare situation, or is that going to be the rule?” Griffin said.
--

Based on what we know about the novel coronavirus, physicians and public health officials say reinfection is certainly a theoretical possibility. But they disagree over whether there is convincing evidence that that is happening and if so, what the implications might be for vaccines.

“No one is yet believing in reinfection since there is no good scientific report on it,” Monica Gandhi, a professor of medicine and associate chief of infectious diseases at the University of California-San Francisco, said. “On the other hand, no one wants to dismiss the possibility.”

--

In a review of 40 studies published in the Journal of General Virology, British researchers Paul Kellam and Wendy Barclay​ warned that “reinfection of previously mild SARS-CoV-2 cases is a realistic possibility that should be considered in models of a second wave and the post-pandemic era."

--

To confirm actual reinfection, scientists say, researchers would need to sequence the genetic code and the virus in a person’s body and find two distinct versions — something no one is known to have done.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Most fair thing I've read about hydroxychloroquine to-date: https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/08/bre ... 1cqcbRkTtM
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 20,388,408 Global Deaths 743,599
Hey we broke 20 million. Too bad it's not a telethon.
So are sports an essential thing, or do we just need the distraction at this point?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 22,453,449 Global Deaths 788,593
HZ6JVSG7YZGBDN2B5ELQA476KE.jpg
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Total Cases 22,453,449 Global Deaths 788,593
HZ6JVSG7YZGBDN2B5ELQA476KE.jpg
I prefer to stand on his tail side. :)

And it is true, nearly 800,000 people who are no longer here. Not to mention all those that are currently in critical condition on the Ventilator.
Shannon SteelSlave

Total Cases 23,709,003 Global Deaths 814,354
I am hearing the term "Pandemic Fatigue" on the radio. I would say it is open to interpretation, but what does it mean for you?
Vaccines. Who is getting the common influenza vaccine this fall?
👠👠
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Who is getting the common influenza vaccine this fall?
I certainly am.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Who is getting the common influenza vaccine this fall?
I not yet. :facepalm:
But other than a minor cold - an aspirin only once or twice a year - I haven't been sick for at least 25 years.
Had there not been Corona, I would have had my blood drawn and checked and I would bring it up with the doctor: I am approaching the age when the influenza becomes a threat.
Shannon SteelSlave

I was speaking more about the combination of the flu and Corona hitting someone at the same time. I hear those 2 perfect storms would not be good.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I was speaking more about the combination of the flu and Corona hitting someone at the same time. I hear those 2 perfect storms would not be good.
Fortunately, I was also spared the Corona. I heard from someone who had received Corona a second time and that it was ten times worse the second time than the first time. I suspect because of the damage to his lungs and weakening of his body. So you better shield yourself completely from the Corona if you feel the flu.
Sir Cumference

Post by Sir Cumference »

Around my place we are cautiously reopening.

We had a modest first wave (except for Sweden, Scandinavia was not struck hard).

Then the restrictions were relaxed and idiocy was increased, and the second wave started.
The reaction from the authorities was swift, and the wave became a minor splash.
Now we’re trying to find the balance between a low number of infections and making society work.

I have been bloody busy in that respect.
For the last half year I have been tied up by work, and not by rope once.
But at least there has been no disasters on my watch.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
Shannon SteelSlave

Good to be seeing you again, C. :hi: Here, in the 'states, I find people who were never symptomatic to be arrogant at this point. It is tough to have to ask for social distancing. The masks? Not gonna go there.
👠👠
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Here there are some cities where you also have to wear your mask outside on the street and where you always have to walk on the right side of the street so that you can always keep your distance. This under penalty of a fine of EUR 250 if you do not comply with this.
Small shops sometimes only allow 2 customers at a time.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

@Shannon That's interesting... must be a regional difference. Here (also in the states) everyone I've run across is quite respectful on the distance. And the masks, frankly. It's crazy that coughing and sneezing in public have virtually disappeared. One can shop at three consecutive stores lightly filled with people and not hear a single expulsion the entire time. I guess everyone is choking them back ;) Poor smokers much be working hard...

As I understand it, the Scandinavian countries are the least interested in masking up.