Corona

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
OrgasmAlley

Re: Corona

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Of all the ways to track COVID, this one might be the most unique. The Deer Island Treatment Plant in Massachusetts is a wastewater treatment facility. Since COVID is shed in human waste, it can be found in wastewater... and the amount found in wastewater is perhaps the single best way to track the magnitude of active infections in the serviced population. Deer Island has been testing 3-7 times a week since March of 2021.

We don't have a way to translate into infected people, because the shedding volume varies over the course of the infection, so it is just a relative measure. Just how big has the Omicron spike been, in comparison to prior waves?

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

And then, stunning potential proof of a long-standing suspicion (which could once earn an instant social media ban, for the right people). Project Veritas received the leak of a classified DARPA report on a funding proposal received from EcoHealth Alliance, which they rejected because they felt it involved banned gain-of-function research. According to the report's author -- Major Joseph Murphy, Commandant of the Marine Corps Fellow, DARPA -- the proposal laid out in detail the development of a coronavirus vaccine that involved the creation of a chimeric virus infectious to humans built on a bat coronavirus backbone. A virus identical in description to SARS-CoV-2. Although DARPA rejected the proposal, the report notes that this research was funded by the NIAID in 2018 to be conducted at several US sites and the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China.

Project Veritas: https://www.projectveritas.com/news/mil ... aHVpOFB4lQ

RedState has a good summary: https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/01 ... pSXZzgH7Qw

Maj. Murphy's report: https://assets.ctfassets.net/syq3snmxcl ... omVnIJvw58
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

They've been doing sewer virus particle measurements in the Netherlands since sept. 7th 2020. I didn't realise that wasn't a norm everywhere. (see here: https://coronadashboard.government.nl/l ... rioolwater)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

The city of Ottawa has been using the same sewage-water method since the beginning. They know when there's going to be an uptick in infections in advance of the run on the hospitals.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

OrgasmAlley wrote:Of all the ways to track COVID, this one might be the most unique. The Deer Island Treatment Plant in Massachusetts is a wastewater treatment facility. Since COVID is shed in human waste, it can be found in wastewater... and the amount found in wastewater is perhaps the single best way to track the magnitude of active infections in the serviced population. Deer Island has been testing 3-7 times a week since March of 2021.

We don't have a way to translate into infected people, because the shedding volume varies over the course of the infection, so it is just a relative measure. Just how big has the Omicron spike been, in comparison to prior waves?

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

And then, stunning potential proof of a long-standing suspicion (which could once earn an instant social media ban, for the right people). Project Veritas received the leak of a classified DARPA report on a funding proposal received from EcoHealth Alliance, which they rejected because they felt it involved banned gain-of-function research. According to the report's author -- Major Joseph Murphy, Commandant of the Marine Corps Fellow, DARPA -- the proposal laid out in detail the development of a coronavirus vaccine that involved the creation of a chimeric virus infectious to humans built on a bat coronavirus backbone. A virus identical in description to SARS-CoV-2. Although DARPA rejected the proposal, the report notes that this research was funded by the NIAID in 2018 to be conducted at several US sites and the Wuhan Institute of Virology in China.

Project Veritas: https://www.projectveritas.com/news/mil ... aHVpOFB4lQ

RedState has a good summary: https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/01 ... pSXZzgH7Qw

Maj. Murphy's report: https://assets.ctfassets.net/syq3snmxcl ... omVnIJvw58
Gregovic wrote:They've been doing sewer virus particle measurements in the Netherlands since sept. 7th 2020. I didn't realise that wasn't a norm everywhere. (see here: https://coronadashboard.government.nl/l ... rioolwater)
bound_jenny wrote:The city of Ottawa has been using the same sewage-water method since the beginning. They know when there's going to be an uptick in infections in advance of the run on the hospitals.

Jenny.
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
ezgif.com-resize.gif
ezgif.com-resize.gif (304.53 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Isn't it weird that this pandemic is making people do all kinds of odd stuff, like testing poop for coronavirus?

I know they're looking to inflate their case counts but this is ridiculous...

Doodie!!! :rofl:

BTW I love that Project Veritas article.

Jenny.
lj

Post by lj »

I can strongly recommend the book "Viral" by Matt Ridley and Alina Chan. The former is an experienced science writer/journalist and Alina Chan a similarly well qualified and respected virologist.

Their book charts the background to corona virus, its potential for "gain of function" research, the scientific papers published (or subsequently withdrawn), the conflicts of interest for scientists (funding for virus research), the epidemiology of bat diseases, sampling of bat virus, and much more. It is written in an unbiased way, presenting evidence, much of which has been hidden by governments and official bodies, yet substantiated by cross-referencing, exactly the way our politicians SHOULD have conducted themselves.

The book does not state a conclusion, but leaves very little doubt that our current pandemic was caused by a laboratory escape in China. This is not to blame the laboratory as such, because there are many such research projects going in in many countries, but highlights the need for high levels of bio-security and transparency in the research being carried out.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Gregovic wrote:They've been doing sewer virus particle measurements in the Netherlands since sept. 7th 2020. I didn't realise that wasn't a norm everywhere. (see here: https://coronadashboard.government.nl/l ... rioolwater)
Deer Island is the only treatment plant that's been publishing data in the US, that I know of, but I have no idea if other plants are collection this information.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

lj wrote:I can strongly recommend the book "Viral" by Matt Ridley and Alina Chan.
Bought it. Read it. Loved it. 8)

The whole basis of the book is to help the reader put together the jigsaw puzzle of evidence that is not only spread out across the planet, but also through time. It's organized like an investigation, and at the end of the book, the authors present the findings and evidence like the final arguments of the prosecution and defense at a trial. You're the judge.

What I discovered is that what's going on with viral research worldwide is pretty damn scary.

I also strongly recommend this book.

Jenny.
BoundInKasugai

Post by BoundInKasugai »

Personally haven't read the book, but the guardian doesn't seem to have a high opinion of it:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... ina?espv=1

Whether that says anything, I don't know.

Either way I prefer to assume that a writer has an agenda. Even if they say they don't, you have to trust them to present all the facts and not make a selection (consciously or subconsciously). I guess the best way is to read books/articles from all sides of the spectrum, but I really don't have the time for that. Or better said, I have other priorities :facepalm:

And now back to my regular program posting lewd pictures and comments about link :gag:
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

While the Guardian is a little late to the game in November of 2021, this review follows the old mainstream narrative that it's a "conspiracy theory" to by dismissed out of hand that SARS-CoV-2 originated in the WIV. By June 2021, it had again become acceptable to mention this concept... for the first ~18 months of the pandemic, making this claim was a good way to get banned from socials and pilloried by the medical masters.

In May 2020, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory developed a report concluding that the lab leak theory was plausible based on the SARS-CoV-2 genome. This report was classified and buried. A State Department analyst discovered the report in the fall of 2020, kicking off an investigation... senior officials at State and DoE blocked this investigation from talking to the report authors, and upon taking power the Biden administration shut down this investigation. James Rosen wrote the first article about the LLNL report in May 2021 (https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/excl ... hinese-lab), although this issue was ignored for another month coming out in the more mainstream press (https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/secret-us ... plausible/).

It seems logical to me to ask how something so important was willfully buried for so long, and the motivations of those doing so.

At this time, we have clear knowledge that the senior medical community immediately recognized characteristics in the genome indicative of human manipulation, and those knowledgeable of the EcoHealth Alliance funding by the NIAID did too. Key players are captured in email chains with Fauci (released under FOIA) voicing this concern, and colluding to publish key articles negating it early on. One can see in the record how everyone fell into line.

No, of course Viral doesn't present "proof". There hasn't been any meaningful investigation of the WIV or their involvement that would produce such proof, because the powers that be have protected China from such scrutiny throughout. The WHO reported that the virus didn't come from the lab, because the Chinese said so.

Major Murphy's DARPA memo still doesn't qualify as proof, but it's a smoking gun. One with clear fingerprints on it. But to be accurate, a smoking gun with fingerprints on it next to a body dead by shooting is not "proof" that the person owning those fingerprints shot the deceased. There's a link missing, one that falls into place by confirming that the smoking gun is the one that fired the deadly bullet.

Is the DARPA memo reliable? Biased? Made up? Major Murphy continues his successful career in the USMC... he's presently the USMC Liason to the Office of Naval Research, a substantially larger agency within the DoD. If he lied in something this impactful in a report to the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, that certainly would not be the case any longer. The IG of the DoD reports to the SecDef, and is arguably the most powerful oversight office in the United States.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Interesting data starting to emerge, now that the clamp-down on what is allowable speech is lifting a bit. A couple new Ivermectin studies probably aren't very interesting to most, but I think it's quite important to understand how ineffective our collective approach has been.

Meta-analysis from researchers at Johns Hopkins University estimates the impact of lockdown strategies on COVID mortality at 0.2%: https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... pjLGYDYI74

“We find no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures, and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality."

Authors also observe that these strategies had a "devastating effect" on the economy and contributed to social ills.

“They have contributed to reducing economic activity, raising unemployment, reducing schooling, causing political unrest, contributing to domestic violence, and undermining liberal democracy."
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

OrgasmAlley wrote: it's quite important to understand how ineffective our collective approach has been
Indeed. That approach, repeatedly applied, proves the principle: "repeating the same actions over and over while expecting a different result is the definition of insanity".

Meanwhile, they're messing up everyone else's sanity by driving us stir crazy.

And tanking the economy, creating inflation not seen in 40 years, killing small businesses, and whatever else.

:facepalm:

Jenny.
lj

Post by lj »

Regarding the book, "Viral", the authors do not claim to have proved the lab-leak theory, because as all true scientists know, a theory can never be proved, but you can build up a pile of evidence to suggest the theory is correct, but one substantive negative result disproves the theory. At which point a good scientist will take this on board, and look for a better theory.

We believed Newton had sorted out the Laws of Motion, until Einstein popped up and found anomalies, and his theory was then accepted as doing a better job, then along comes quantum theory, string theory etc which open up new areas to be incorporated into the knowledge base, and so on...

Unfortunately, world-wide, politicians decided, with a like lemmings-like sense of direction, that lock-down was the way to go, refusing to see the sense in any alternatives, the Great Barrington Declaration being one. We now see countries and districts that refused the option of lockdown have more or less suffered no different fatality numbers, and those with extreme lockdown or isolation policies are rapidly catching up with the rest of the world.

We live in a world with a binary view of decisions and strategy, 1 or 0 (cue binary jokes), for or against, right or wrong, whilst the world is really "shades of grey" (cue kink jokes...)

Will we learn ? I doubt it...
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

pandemic-covid.gif
pandemic-covid.gif (45.06 KiB) Viewed 1078 times
Merry Ground Hog Day everyone.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Have a nice Groundhog day everyone and let's hope for better weather, literally and figuratively.