Solicitors!!!

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Solicitors!!!

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

This is not a post about politics, I know better than that. But is there a legal way to keep people from canvasing my house to peddle propaganda? And anyone in general? I hear it will get worse before it gets better. It is interfering with my kink time, which is in short supply. And I don't have that robe made yet, the stuff I bought was a dud. Still in progress.
At this time, I am employing the "Shrek" method.
download.jpg
download.jpg (10.29 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.32 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Whatever is takes to get them to stay Far, Far Away.....from me! Maybe a sign with 3 ogres? What are you doing to ward off visitors?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
cdinbonds

Re: Solicitors!!!

Post by cdinbonds »

I got a small sign, I think from Amazon, that says:
NO
SOLICITING
FUNDRAISING
POLITICS
SALESMEN
RELIGION
ThankYou
Also, a "No Trespassing" sign makes it a crime to enter your property without permission. I once had a job doing insurance inspections that required close approach to houses, and in fact that permission was(is) granted when you apply for homeowners insurance, but if the property was posted, I had to call the homeowner and ask for permission.

And of course, I never answer the door for these type of people!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
lj

Post by lj »

In the UK "No trespassing" signs may deter people from entering land but have no value in law.

For "trespass" to have any result, the land owner must take a civil action in court, and prove the trespasser caused damage, for which, if proved, the trespasser must pay. Simply being on the land is not actionable but the landowner can use "reasonable force" to remove the trespasser.

You can put up any sign you like, to indicate you won't be answering the door to whoever you like, but whether they take any notice of your wishes is for them to decide.

You could just get a big dog!!!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
chasteed

Post by chasteed »

How about just not answering the door?
Shannon SteelSlave

Thinking of a quarantine sign......with biohazard symbols.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

In the Middle Ages you could have a sign with "Lepers living here!" to keep people away. Maybe this also helps now.
sweh

Post by sweh »

kinbaku wrote:In the Middle Ages you could have a sign with "Lepers living here!" to keep people away. Maybe this also helps now.
"Coronavirus here!"
Shannon SteelSlave

I got to use whatever works. I was hoping to use the Shrek signs. They define me. Ogres are like onions. I am like a onion. I have many layers, and not everyone likes me.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

I have a sign on my door, "Pas de colporteurs", which is "No sales people". One got the smart-ass bug after I pointed at the sign, and he said "I'm not a salesman, I'm a publicity agent." :roll:

I gave him the stink-eye and slammed the door in his face. :evil:

The sign is still there but I don't think it has much effect.

The Jehovah's Witnesses were permanently exiled from my doorstep after I greeted them in a bloody apron, a butcher knife, and a sweet attitude (I really was cutting up some raw meat when the doorbell rang). I suppose it didn't (or maybe it did :wink: ) help that I had some particularly violent heavy metal music playing. Very inspiring when cutting up meat.
lj wrote:You could just get a big dog!!!
Or a recording of one that reacts to doorbells or door knocks. You could even call the dog "Ogre". :idea:

Or maybe a recording of a pump-action shotgun being pumped... :mrgreen:

On the other hand, that may attract more visitors like the ATF and SWAT. :shock:

I'd rather have a dog - virtual or real - called Ogre.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

just answer the door naked.no laws against being in your own house nude.if they don't like it then they can go alswhere.otherwise you might just make a new friend:)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

tiemeupalso wrote:otherwise you might just make a new friend:)
Just make sure it isn't a rumor. :shock:
In Belgium there was once a girl who by mistake had invited everyone to her birthday party via Facebook.
The police then had to block access to the village because the village could not handle so many visitors. :lol:
When you have a beautiful body ... :mrgreen:
Shannon SteelSlave

tiemeupalso wrote: you might just make a new friend:)
Yeah, no, really trying to repel people from my house in general.
kinbaku wrote: there was once a girl who by mistake had invited everyone to her birthday party
Now I am going to have a nightmare.
kinbaku wrote: When you have a beautiful body ... :mrgreen:
Like trying to put out a fire with petrol.
👠👠
sweh

Post by sweh »

tiemeupalso wrote:just answer the door naked.no laws against being in your own house nude.if they don't like it then they can go alswhere.otherwise you might just make a new friend:)
Depending on where you live, there _are_ laws against nudity in private spaces. And, of course, answering the door naked would count as public (and pubic!) exposure. Deliberately letting yourself be seen naked through a window may also count as public exposure.

ETA: https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/indec ... home-52610
Last edited by sweh on 02 Mar 2020, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

Just using no trespassing, no sales signs, have worked for many years, except one group of people. I have never been able to stop a certain church from knocking. I use Ring doorbell now, and they still come.
Shannon SteelSlave

Hate to admit it, but the Corona virus is helping with unauthorized visitors (which covers pretty much all visitors). If I had 25 people in my house, then that would make even knocking on my door illegal. (Governor advises no group gatherings any larger than 25 here)
👠👠