We're not kinky

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Keyless

We're not kinky

Post by Keyless »

The much respected British National Health Service saw fit to put a reference to this report on their website.
https://www.nhs.uk/news/mental-health/f ... al-health/
Apparently bondage should be thought of as a leisure activity. See the bit under "How did the researchers interpret the results?"
All good as far as I'm concerned.
bound_jenny

Re: We're not kinky

Post by bound_jenny »

Of course we're kinky. It's a recreational activity. Some people like to jump off bridges with a big elastic around their ankles, some like knitting, etc. We like bondage.

It's more fun than knitting. Way more fun than jumping off a bridge :shock: . For that matter, I'd rather knit than jump.
There is evidence that regular sex in the context of a romantic relationship can lead to health benefits.
You don't need a Ph.D. (Pile it High and Deep) to figure that one out... :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

The first article I have ever read on the correlation of BDSM activity to mental health hygiene suggested that doms were the more satisfied with themselves. I never really believed it, so I am glad to have read these 2 articles that see it my way, or at least suggest that one can play either role and get the best health benefit from it.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Unfortunately it seems that most of us kinksters are concerned to keep that aspect of their life private. To see what I mean, look at this thread for example http://forum.boundanna.net/board/viewto ... =7&t=10872 . These days, in UK at least, people are protected against discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation. Jokes along those lines do not go down well. This does not seem to extend to kinky people. That still seems to be treated as an inappropriate or strange activity and is likely to be the subject of gossip and jokes. In some cases perhaps concern even extends to possible discrimination over employment etc. Nice to know the gossipers and jokers don’t know what they are missing.