Ideas to adjust heel heights

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

Ideas to adjust heel heights

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I was browsing for rubber caps to put on the stalks of my stiletto heels so I can walk and work safely around my house, when I came into these on eBay :
s-l1600.jpg
They are advertised as being able to increase the height of a heeled shoe, an idea I like, as I would like to be able to add punishment to shoes, even when they are locked on, meaning I can not simply reach for my next highest pair until the timer runs out. I can get pretty mad at myself in that meantime, and would prefer to pay for my infractions right away. They also preserve the original look of my shoe.
Do you all have any other ideas to accomplish this? Any DIY ideas I might try on some worn out shoes I would otherwise discard? I have seen some shoes that have detachable interchangeable heel stalks, and even some fold able heels. Does anyone have any experience with them, or might be able to recommend? Durability and style are important to me, but I would like to hear most every idea that is out there.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
ponylady

Re: Ideas to adjust heel heights

Post by ponylady »

This can only be a fractionally increase, or the shoes would be totally unwearable.

I still have my 1st heels, from way back in the early 80's. Custommade classic
Black pumps with 12 cm pencilheel.

But the tip of the heel is about 0,2 cm too long.

Wracks havoc with your balance since it moves the center of contact foward
Towards your toes.

Using these with high heels will feel like walking on a ship in heavy sea.
Have fun.
[
Shannon SteelSlave

1st heels, huh? I just found my 1st pair, they are now a size and a half too small. Yeah, 6 inches is my limit, as my ankles just don't roll that far, with my size 10 peds'. Feels like my arch will break on my towering 6.5 inchers. I'll let you all know how those tips work, as I have ordered them, along with the regular ones i bought for my own safety.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
Shannon SteelSlave

Yeah, so these tips are not a real game changer, as far as reaching new heights. They do it make it more exciting, like a heart attack, getting from point A to point B, due to the sponginess of the rubber tip. More strain on already taxed calf muscles. Pretty Pony Lady, ma'am, are you like psychic or something? They are fun though. At least they were cheap. They will make heels quieter, I recall someone looking for an answer to that one, moons ago.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Simple physics, shannon.

A couple of hours LIGO-studies do the trick.
[
Shannon SteelSlave

Shannon SteelSlave salutes you :hi:
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
Shannon SteelSlave

Gravity blows. :x Sucks and blows. Therefore, I renounce reality and create my own. 8)
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
ncait

Post by ncait »

I actually have had success in this before. I once long ago had a really nice pair of leather heels that had a cool way to hold on the tips, they were threaded. So after a bit if drilling and tapping the hole in the heel, I had a threaded post. I then went down to the hardware store, got some threaded rod the same size as the hole and a steel spacer just a bit bigger in diameter to the heel stalk. I epoxied a rubber tip to one end of the rod, and threaded it on the heel. The space (which is just a hollow tube) hid the threads. The only drawback to adjusting heel height is the fact that the contact point for the toes change. The sole needs to be rounded in the front if raising the height by more than an inch or so. Thankfully, most commercially availible heels that are 3 inch or higher already have the perfect sole.

Also, stilettos rarely have threaded tips making it not an option to do it this way. That being said, chunky heels or slightly thicker stilettos are very easily modified to fit this technique, even if a bit of thinking is required to make it aesthetically pleasing.
And with the click of the lock, she knew she had found true freedom.
Shannon SteelSlave

Pretty Pony Lady, ma'am, are you like psychic or something?
ponylady wrote:Using these with high heels will feel like walking on a ship in heavy sea.
Have fun.
Simple physics, shannon.

A couple of hours LIGO-studies do the trick.
Re-reading this, I should clarify, that the walking on the ship in heavy sea feeling really felt like it was coming from the "squishiness" of the rubber than added height. Got it more from wearing 5 inch heels plus these, than with factory fresh 6 inchers.
You still called it P-Lady, that's what I meant.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
Shannon SteelSlave

I removed these from a pair I had not worn in a while, because with them applied, it was like walking on ice skates. The 5 inch shoes felt normal after that. Maybe one could use these heel tips as an extra challenge or for training.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘