What does your signature mean?

Anything that does not fit any of the other categories.
Shannon SteelSlave

What does your signature mean?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I have read quite of few signatures, and like snowflakes, have hardly seen 2 alike. A lot of them seem intended to impart wisdom, proving that none of us seem to drink from the same fountain of wisdom. (Because these wisdom fountains are just everywhere, I know, right?)
I'll start. Seems proper, being my thread and all.
-"Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand." I mean to say here that we may discover more of ourselves that we did not know was hidden by participating here.

-"A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack." I can have my deepest thoughts when unable to move, an alternative to meditation. That, and I have a weapon to use if ever I need to take down a intruder in my home. Nah, just wanted to quote Yoda.

-"I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!" What can I say about Homer Simpson, except that he so eloquently stated that anyone can make a mistake. Kind of an insurance policy for me to indemnify me from being held too responsible for certain posting errors.

My signature, I feel, sums me up fairly well. Not a filibuster, but you probably get right idea about me, right?

Now tell about all of ya'lls' signatures.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bound_jenny

Re: What does your signature mean?

Post by bound_jenny »

"Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul."

I've found that being bound is, when not an intense erotic activity, or a means to expend daily irritations, is also an opportunity for some quiet time, some introspection, even meditation.

"If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!"

Obvious! Nothing sexier than a nice, tight corset... :wink:

"Kink is the spice of life!"

I like spicy things in life. Vanilla is for milk shakes!

"Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!"

Well, I can bake a storm and what better bait to draw people into my web of evil than some nice, fresh-out-the-oven cookies. :twisted:

And evil is fun. :wink:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Kind of an insurance policy for me to indemnify me from being held too responsible for certain posting errors.
Or setting fire to the curtains. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

mine kind of signifies the things in life that you cant just explain to someone, that they would have to experience all that it has to offer to truly understand it. like bondage for instance, trying to explain why i like it to someone who has never tried it is nearly impossible, but to people who have tried it and experienced it, they already know without asking.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
sweh

Post by sweh »

bound_jenny wrote:"Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul."

I've found that being bound is, when not an intense erotic activity, or a means to expend daily irritations, is also an opportunity for some quiet time, some introspection, even meditation.
I also find helplessness means I can accept things I would not otherwise accept.

I'm a strongly self-posessed person. I'm in strict control of my emotions. I plan ahead. I never fail because I _plan_ for failure and have contingencies.

But when I'm helpless... under the control of another... I'm no longer responsible. What happens isn't my fault. I can be bigger and experience things that would otherwise be out of my reach. I'm a greater person when I'm helpless. Because my own inhibitions are overridden.
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

" Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities" Basically 'THINK' about what you are about to do! We might think we are as clever as Harry Houdini, but we might not have the dexterity to do what he did.

" If you can't free yourself who will?" Remember to arrange back ups.

"When you are helpless, you have no choice but to wait." This sums up what I enjoy about bondage, the fact you have given up control until you are released.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

Ah right, mine doesn't really need an explaination. Its more of a disclaimer message than a funny quote/meme. :) On other forums I manage I usually have quotes that have a life lesson or something written in it though, but I've decided to stick with my current signature here.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I don't really think my sig requires much of an extra explanation either

Most (if not all) people are smart enough to keep themselves alive most of the time. But just sometimes we slip up. We do something that in hindsight is stupid and dumb. Somehow most people always look to others when they think about "idiots", but sometimes we can be the ones others mutter under their breath about. So when thinking about what you're doing next, stop and consider the question: "am I being an idiot?". Nearly always the answer will be no. But just sometimes you catch yourself.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

These are great responses! I find this to be a light, but very informative, yet entertaining read. May I have some more, please?
Write one if you have to, and don't worry if it's "not good enough". Don't be shy! We have heard from the profound, the self explanatory, to even some that have NO signature. C'mon! All the cool kids are doin' it! 8) :D
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I always hated the cool kids.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
qwerty212

Post by qwerty212 »

I have to post to remember my signature :facepalm:
Shannon SteelSlave

From my NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION page :

Re: Salutations from Shannon <3

Postby Shannon SteelSlave » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm
Well if I ever find a coolest members page, I will be sure to add to that thread for you, CD

This thread has attracted you, CD. I hope it attracts the rest. Want to read more, let me hear from you, everyone.
👠👠
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

It hasn't attracted me any more than any other thread. i read almost everything posted here, with the exception of the entire software forum, haven't read a thing there and never will. Just not interested. The other ones i always skip are the ones in the chastity forum begging to have more time added. Beyond that i tend to read everything, at least the first post. If i find it not that interesting i may skip the rest of it as time goes by.

Only reason i posted what i did here is because my Mistress tends to ask if i can or want to do some really goofy things, and when i say "why ?" She says because all the cool kids are doing it. To which i reply i always hated the cool kids, or something similar but less polite. It's become a gut reaction to that phrase. i couldn't let this one pass.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Shannon SteelSlave

Glad to help, C, I think.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

We're way beyond cool.

We're naughty! :mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Ask you something, Jenny?
When you say "Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!", what does it sound like? I kind of figure a Darth Vader, James Jones voice says "Come to the dark side......." Then out comes a more cheerful "We have cookies!" with an upward inflection. Is that right? Been on my mind since the first time I read it.
👠👠