Rope and padlock tie

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
dimma

Rope and padlock tie

Post by dimma »

A short tutorial how to make removable cinch noose out of some cord and a padlock.

The padlock
Before you begin, obtain a suitable padlock. I strongly recomend against the self locking padlocks because they have a notch on their shalckes which will catch the cord and get you stuck. This could possibly be fatal.
Here is the padlock that I use:
padlock.jpg
padlock.jpg (29.73 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
It has no notches cut into the shackle. Instead the shackle has a hole at the end. The smooth shackle in the padlock is important. I cannot stress that enough.

The noose
Get a cord 3 mm thick and 3 feet long. Tie a monkey's fist knot at one end. How to tie that knot is beyond the scope of this post, follow the link above for excellent instructions. Do not be tempted to replace this knot with something simpler to tie. If this knot gets untied later, you will get stuck. Getting this knot properly tied is even more important than using suitable padlock.

With the monkey's fist knot in place arrange the cord in zigzag shape, like so:
step1.jpg
step1.jpg (23.66 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
Wrap the monkey's fist end around parts of the cord marked yellow on the above picture, so you get this:
step2.jpg
step2.jpg (22.28 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
fold in half the part marked red and thread it through the loop marked green to get this:
step3.jpg
step3.jpg (20.52 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
secure the red part with a padlock and pull everything tight. Finished cinch nose should look similar to this:
finished.jpg
finished.jpg (21.93 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
How to employ
Use this device to cinch your favourite wrist coil.

How to relase
Unlock the padlock and remove it completly from the cord, then pull hard on the monkey's fist knot till you feel the cord pop free. Afterwards, unwrap the coils of cinch knot.

Things to keep in mind:
  • Under tension, it may take considerable force for the monkey's fist end to pop free.
  • Even if it pops free, it may be impossible to unwrap the cinch, if it is under tension and other parts of bondage are very close to it. (This has cost me a length of perfectly good rope once, as I had to emergency cut myself free)
  • Should the monkey's fist knot be untied somehow, it is possible to get stuck simply by pulling on the padlock. So make this knot really solid.
  • Do not allow any slack around the padlock shackle. If anything gets there, it will be impossible to untie the cinch.

Have fun!
Last edited by dimma on 07 Nov 2013, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainJoe

Re: Rope and padlock tie

Post by CaptainJoe »

wow!
great idea to make the awful cinchknot suitable for safe selfbondage! Best idea I've seen for years :shock: 8)

kudos,
Joe.
Life is what happens, while you are making other plans.
We won't stop nagging - because we care!
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Blocking adjustment.
Step A: Make an S shape and twist the end around the right part.
StepA.jpg
StepA.jpg (15.69 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Step B: Do this 3 to 4 times and put it on very well.
StepB.jpg
StepB.jpg (15.88 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Step C: Now go around the 3 ropes.
StepC.jpg
StepC.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Step D: Repeat this 5 to 7 times. These may be looser than the first 3 to 4 firm turns from step B.
StepD.jpg
StepD.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Step E: Make a bight (green) and put it in the loop. Make sure that this bight is perpendicular to the 5 loops of step D (the top green part flat on the bottom green part as shown in the photo) and pull the loop closed just enough that the bight does not go out by itself. The bight can now be blocked with a padlock, combination lock or ice lock.
Now make a second loop in the bottom major loop by twisting it together.
StepE.jpg
StepE.jpg (16.19 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Step F: Make a coil through which you put your hands and turn your right hand around itself creating a screw shape in the coil. Just enough that you have a gap of 1 or 2 fingers between the wrists and the coil (done once in the picture to get the figure 8 shape).

If you now put on the cinch, it will slide easily along the 5 loops and remain blocked at the 3 loops. Once fully tightened, those 3 loops will also make an angle with the 5 loops, so there is no danger of the green bight getting stuck.
Last edited by Kinbaku on 09 Jul 2020, 21:07, edited 2 times in total.
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

Step F:
StepF.jpg
StepF.jpg (17.08 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
Also provide safety scissors as a backup. :roll:
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Thanks. I have been looking for a good lace locking idea. I might try the other idea I came up with, using the wrist rope cuffs, and secure them together, instead of the bunched rope.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠