Rings in the floor

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
TieMeTighter

Rings in the floor

Post by TieMeTighter »

Reading through some of the excellent scenario's on Anna's site, I saw that many of them made references to hooks in the floor.

An interesting thought, I already have one in the ceiling, and rings (for mounting speakers you know) in the walls, but how to go about it in an your average house with carpeted or wooden floors ?

It occurred to me that perhaps obtaining a large piece of wood (an old wooden table top would suffice) and affixing some screw-in eyelets might do the trick.

Anyone have any thoughts on other ways that don't involve drilling into your floor ?
icebound

Post by icebound »

One of the easiest ways I have found to hide rings in the floor is in the corner under the carpet. I purchased several tie down attachment rings(commonly used in automotive transport or frieght transport where the trailer has a wooden floor). These lay pretty much flush with the floor and once the television set or stereo cabinet is sitting on them, no one is the wiser that the rings are even there. Properly installed these have a weight rating of around 1000 pounds. Escaping before the ice melts usually isnt an option. I simply move the entertainment center(what a pun on words that is) and roll up the carpet to about midway across the floor in the den and wala, there are my six tie down points in various positions on the floor. I have 12 of them in my work shop off the garage but those are easy enough to explain away as I am rebuilding an old motorcycle and need places to secure it while wrenching on it. I had it tip onto me once and never again, especially since I was alone at the time it tipped.

I have an eyebolt in the floor underneath my work desk to which I can fasten the chain between my ankle irons for play while working. My desk is huge and made out of iron and wood, so the odds of anyone finding it are slim to none.

If you want to practice selfbondage in the great outdoors, you can take some old metal coffee cans and fill them with cement and sink some various attachments into the still wet cement. These can then be buried at various spots for easy access to the bolts. If asked about them, the prior owners had a swing set for the kids and thats what they had it attached to the ground with and you have yet to dig them out as you dont know how deep they are buried.

All in all it takes a little imagination and some good ideas as to hiding equipment in plain sight. Play safe and have fun.
Dr. Nailer

Kwel

Post by Dr. Nailer »

Hi All,

Nice idea about the undercarpet ring set up. I will look into that :D

Best wishes,
Nailer.
I am a mad scientist (biochemist/parasitologist) into mad ideas.

This is my usual signature statement everywhere (not here I guess). This statement only refers to my professional interests.
huve

Post by huve »

Hi guys

I have found that if you screw and eyelet into the floor boards through the carpet you can't see the hole when it is removed, the weave just covers it again, however you need to remember where the hole is for your next session.
Guitardoc

Post by Guitardoc »

Here's a quick and easy fix for the eyebolt into the floor problem. It's pretty much the same idea as the table top, except you don't need a table top! All you really need is a common sheet of plywood, 1/2 inch thick will do, or 3/4 inch if you want something a little more heavy duty. The plywood comes in sheets of 4'x8' (four feet by eight feet), at least that's what is standard in the US.

On one side of the plywood, whichever you choose to be the bottom, attach 2x4's around the perimmiter of the wood, and maybe a length or two widthwise to provide strength. The purpose of the 2x4's are to raise the plywood off the floor enough so you can attach the eyebolts. From the topside of the plywood, choose where you want to attach the eyebolts and drill holes. The holes should be just large enough to insert the shank of the eyebolt. Put a steel washer onto the shank of the eyebolt then insert the bolt through the wood. On the bottom side, use another washer, lockwasher, and nut to secure the eyebolt. You can even add whatever little uncomfortable little things you want to the top of the wood to make laying on it that much more...interesting.

When not in use, you can lean the plywood up against a wall somewhere out of the way. Or, you can leave it lying around and see what kind of comments you get!!

Gd
Cindy123

Post by Cindy123 »

I use the ply-wood idea also, I used 3/4 inch outdoor grade wood, and attached 2x4 under as support, I used wood screw eye bolts. I have around 20 eye bolts placed in diferent places for all kinds of different sessions.
its a little heavy but works fantastic.
Cindy
If your not playing on the edge, your taking up to much space...............................
Play safe and have fun...Now Where did I put that damn Key!!!!! ;-)
CINDY123@BAK.RR.COM
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

Darlings, I had never thought of the plywood idea before. Given that, perhaps that could be added to the main site. I'm sure that the casual reader would find that to be a yummy idea. :D
From the World of Anastasia
Darlings, bondage is so yummy!
anna
Site Admin

Post by anna »

Sure, it should be added to the main site. I just need a drawing or some photos to illustrate it. Any help is highly appreciated.
icebound

Post by icebound »

I sure hope this link works if not please let me know. Sorry to revive such an old post. I meant to post some pics last fall but then my life suddenly turned upside down and not in a good way either. Hopefully I can contribute more and more as time goes on.

These are the rings that I am referring to. Once secured in the floor they are nearly flat and once under a rug almost impossible to detect. These are very secure and will hold a lot of weight pulling on them when properly screwed to the floor. It will require a little removal of the flooring as they are designed to be counter sunk. Play time is lots of fun when these are involved.
http://www.imghut.net/thumb/43333.jpg
Last edited by icebound on 11 May 2007, 01:21, edited 3 times in total.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

You need to edit the link, remove the [img] at the end and it should work fine
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
icebound

Post by icebound »

Ok, I think I have this figured out, but that picture was way too small, try this link and see if it is working. Please forgive me as I am a computer novice at best.
http://www.imghut.net/images/43402.jpg
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Works fine now. I was able to see the other one by deleting the img stuff from the address line, it was the same size as this one.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
icebound

Post by icebound »

Cool thanks for the help
WhatTheWhore

Re: Rings in the floor

Post by WhatTheWhore »

If you are lucky enough to have a hardwood floor, then suction cups are a nice option. People use them in the kitchen or bath room to hang stuff without needing to drill holes. But there are also stronger ones to for instance secure a boat that is to be transported on the roof top of your car. Given they are designed to withstand pull for them side, they would be good to secure spread feet.

For upward pull, e.g. when being bent over, you might want to look at a dent puller. They are suction cups as well, but the handle is done in a way that you can pull on it without becoming loose. To ensure that the handle isn't opening, you might consider using some cable binder to hold the handle together. Then attach the rope, chain etc. separately to the handle.
kinbaku

Re: Rings in the floor

Post by kinbaku »

WhatTheWhore wrote:If you are lucky enough to have a hardwood floor, then suction cups are a nice option.
I have a tiled floor and the suction cups work well on this too.