electromagnet time release

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Kinbaku

Re: electromagnet time release

Post by Kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:... i should have 4 of them for a bit more than one mag lock. :D
4 magnets for 4 limbs, so just right. :D
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i decided to get two 12v 2" magnets that will hold 140lbs each.with the usb output, the 6v magnets were not quite as strong at they should be. the two battery banks i have, have a 12v output, so they will run the 12v magnets how they were intended. just need to get a cap of some kind to hold the strike plate and start testing them out.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

currently testing the time that it will stay locked and temperature it will get to. im using 2" threaded black plastic pipe end caps for the housings. they have air around the magnet so it should stay somewhat cool to the touch. to keep the strike plate centered on the magnet, i countersunk the allen bolt head just enough that the head sticks out of the strike plate to engage the center hole of the magnet so there is no way for it to move side to side more than about 2mm.

ImageImage
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Well done T. I think the Oreck vacuums guy does a similar test, standing under his vacuum cleaner.
Let me know if you ever want to go pro
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

at 4 out of 5 green lights on the battery, it took just over 3 hours to release, and the temperature was not bad at all! im SO excited to try this out when my sleepsack gets here!
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Awesome. Glad you figured out what you needed.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

just got done testing the electromagnet setup with a fully charged battery.......... 5 hours and 35 minutes!!!!! i think about 2/3rd charged will be good enough!
Shannon SteelSlave

What is the chemistry of the batteries?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

they are lithium ion, its 3 18650 cells in the pack. i just tried the magnet in a spread eagle and was able to pull it apart, so i would need a much stronger magnet for a spread eagle. but the thing with that is, if i could engage the magnet with the strike plate attached to my wrist, i could always easily pull on the wire and reach or disconnect the battery. but for my sleepsack idea, this strength will be perfect. there is no way i will be able to put that much force on the magnet while bound to the bed in the sleepsack.
Shannon SteelSlave

To preserve the life of the batteries, you might want to use a low voltage detection shut off. Lipo batteries should not be discharged beyond 50%, and should be stored at 50% charge, if possible.
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:To preserve the life of the batteries, you might want to use a low voltage detection shut off. Lipo batteries should not be discharged beyond 50%, and should be stored at 50% charge, if possible.
when i plug in the charger after the weight dropped, it showed 3 green lights out of 5, so i dont think its completely discharging as it is. but for a 3000mah pack, it last a LOT longer than the mag lock said theirs does with a 3000mah!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

got my new sleepsack in today!!!!!

the foot area is bigger than i would like, but would be great for actually sleeping in it. going to be fun to squirm around in it while its strapped to the bed!!! :D
Kinbaku

Post by Kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:... the foot area is bigger than i would like, ...
Because your hands are still free, you can always tie your ankles and legs with a rope on the outside of the sleeping bag. Only so that the sleeping bag is rolled up around your legs there. Only at the top of your legs do you have to tie it a little tighter so that the rope doesn't slide down, or you can tie that end to the top of your bed.

Have fun with it. :drool:
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

here is the setup for tonight.

magnets on my left side, so when they release, i can roll onto my right side and be able to grab the zipper string and free myself. im expecting to be stuck anywhere from 3 to 4.5 hours. im hoping i can fall asleep in it, given i wont have any chance of escape till the magnets release me. :D
Shannon SteelSlave

Too bad you don't live here. It would almost be bed time. And you could help me paint.
👠👠