electromagnet time release

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
TNTBound

electromagnet time release

Post by TNTBound »

i saw on etsy there was an electromagnet time release that uses an electro magnet connected to a battery bank for a timed release. this would work much better and cleaner than my ice lock for my new sleepsack setup i have planned. the only issue, is i dont want to pay $180 each for them, so i ordered up some round electro magnets that are supposed to hold around 130lbs. i also ordered the usb wire adapters to be able to connect the magnet to the usb battery bank. i just need to figure out a round housing for the magnet so the plate cant slide off the magnet and i can attach loops to each end.

my goal is to use two of them on a sleepsack that i have coming in the mail that has belt loops all along the sides of it. i'll secure one side to the bed with chain, and then the other side with one electromagnet at the feet and one at the shoulder, keeping the sleepsack secured to the bed. when released, i will be able to roll on my side and grab the string thats attached to the zipper with my mouth and slide the zipper down. when im on my back, its not possible to do grab the string.

i realize the magnet will get warm, so i was hoping to find a steel or aluminum cap of some sort to surround the magnet and act as a heat sink as well as one attachment point and prevent the plate from sliding off.

this is the magnet i ordered. https://www.ebay.com/itm/275313702649?_ ... %7Ciid%3A1
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Gregovic

Re: electromagnet time release

Post by Gregovic »

depending on how much force the magnet has and how much force you need it to have you might be able to run it at a slightly lower voltage, which would help in the warming up aspect. For the housing, it looks like it's a standard 50 or 60mm magnet, I don't know if standard metric PVC pipe is available where you're at but either 50mm sewer or 60mm rainwater pipe would do what you need if it's indeed that size.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i think the usb battery bank is only 5v. im still waiting for it to arrive and then i want to test how long it will hold and how hot it will actually get during that time. i was thinking about using black steel pipe with a threaded end cap, then drill some holes in the cap to mount the magnet and hook.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

If the selfbondage magnet you found is the magbound by selfbondage-shop.de then keep in mind they sell it with a 5v to 12v boost converter. So the magnet is actually getting 12volts, not the 5v that comes out of the battery bank.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

And also remember that the batteries will get warm, too.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Blacky wrote:And also remember that the batteries will get warm, too.
Indeed, USB battery packs (AKA power banks) are Lithium-Ion batteries. They don't particularly like being tapped for higher currents that they can handle. Usually there's a protection circuit that cuts out if the battery gets too hot. That's the difference between too hot and a fire.

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Even a single 18650 lithium-ion cell should be able to deliver the 200 to 300 milliamperes this magnet will pull from it without noticeably warming up. Even when using a boost converter (and thus pulling more current) most battery packs won't get warm at all. This is not to say that it's not a good idea to test it but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I think I understand your release, but I am not visualizing how you get fully into the bondage.

If I understand it, the sleepsack will have your arms trapped inside the sack. The zipper on the sleepsack must zip from the head to the foot, if you are going to unzip it by pulling a cord with your teeth. Are there no belts that are part of this?

How do you zip the sleepsack (or fasten the upper belts) with your arms trapped inside?

I figure that you will need to have both sides of the sleepsack secured before you get into it.

The release of the magnets should work okay, but I wonder how easily you can actually get that cord attached to the zipper and pull it. I recommend experimenting with this, perhaps doing it once with your arms NOT bound inside the sack so that if you can't operate the zipper just from your mouth you can release yourself.

R.Mc.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

the zipper goes from the ankles to the neck. i have several different types of sleepsack with zippers on the front. with my darlex sack, i can put my arms in the sleeves, and i have a piece of paracord on the zipper that i pull up with my teeth to close the sack up. if i go to the top of the collar, its VERY difficult to get the zipper down to free myself, often requiring me to use my teeth to thread another long piece of paracord through the loop at the end of the string attached to the zipper. that string is long enough that i can grab it through the sleepsack, then i use my chin to keep the collar flat(if i dont, the collar simply folds over and wont unzip) and pull the string and zipper down with my hand. or i can kind of dolphin hump the bed with my neck pressing onto the bed and scooting forward to get the string on the zipper to pull the zipper downwards. with this new sleepsack, it appears the collar folding down will not be an issue as the zipper ends just below the collar, and the collar can be closed with a belt (which i wont be using alone).

the setup will be to close the sack with me not in it, secure it to the bed nice and snug at top and bottom using the elecro magnets on one side only so i can roll over and grab the zipper string once the magnets release, i can climb inside while its secured to the bed put my right arm in the sleeve, grab the zipper string in my mouth, put my left arm in and then zip myself up. if im on my back, its impossible to grab the string on the zipper pull, at least on my darlex sack. i will have to test out the new canvas sack im getting to do this with though. i can use this method with all 3 of my zippered sleepsacks, i just need to test the new 4th one thats coming in the mail shortly.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

Gregovic wrote:
Even a single 18650 lithium-ion cell should be able to deliver the 200 to 300 milliamperes this magnet will pull from it without noticeably warming up. Even when using a boost converter (and thus pulling more current) most battery packs won't get warm at all. This is not to say that it's not a good idea to test it but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.
im not too concerned with the battery pack getting hot. i have a rechargeable vibrator toy and its battery get slightly warm, but nowhere near enough to be concerning. i will however do tests before to make sure everything is good.

this is the one i ordered.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VZ ... UTF8&psc=1
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

this is the sleepsack i ordered. https://www.etsy.com/listing/924057014/ ... rs=1&sts=1

if you look at the picture of the white one, you can see the zipper does not go to the top of the collar, so it might be possible to grab the string there with my teeth while on my back, but thats something to test once it arrives. if thats the case, im not sure how i will be able to get in it and keep it secure while also being able to get out.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:if thats the case, im not sure how i will be able to get in it and keep it secure while also being able to get out.
If you tie your ankles to bottom of the bed so you can't slide up and connect the string on the zipper to an electromagnet at the top of your bed (with a ratchet or rope loop that you can pull closed with your teeth) then you can pull the zipper up and it's it is blocked as long as the magnet attracts.
Once the power is interrupted, it is easy to pull the string from the magnet with your full force, allowing you to pull the zipper down.

Nice sleepsack. :wink:
Lisahs3

Post by Lisahs3 »

TNTBound wrote:this is the sleepsack i ordered. https://www.etsy.com/listing/924057014/ ... rs=1&sts=1

if you look at the picture of the white one, you can see the zipper does not go to the top of the collar, so it might be possible to grab the string there with my teeth while on my back, but thats something to test once it arrives. if thats the case, im not sure how i will be able to get in it and keep it secure while also being able to get out.
I have looked at these before and I am not sure. Part of me thinks it would be interesting to try but the other part of me is scared I would feel claustrophobic and get too hot and panic.
I would not dare to try it on my own. The model looks like Chanta? Sorry if I spelled her name wrong. But the look on her face reminds me of when I have been a brides maid for friends and I saw myself for the first time at the dress fitting with other friends and we had to pretend to like the dress lol.

If there was one that would cover my legs and perhaps even my tummy? I would try that one.

Lisa
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

kinbaku wrote:
TNTBound wrote:if thats the case, im not sure how i will be able to get in it and keep it secure while also being able to get out.
If you tie your ankles to bottom of the bed so you can't slide up and connect the string on the zipper to an electromagnet at the top of your bed (with a ratchet or rope loop that you can pull closed with your teeth) then you can pull the zipper up and it's it is blocked as long as the magnet attracts.
Once the power is interrupted, it is easy to pull the string from the magnet with your full force, allowing you to pull the zipper down.

Nice sleepsack. :wink:
the only problem then, is that the zipper becomes the tie down point, which is no where near strong enough. plus i can not think of a way to attach the string to the magnet without it being close to my head/face while secured in the sleepsack while having it secured to the bed. its likely that i wont be able to reach the string while on my back and the sleepsack is secured, but only testing it will be able to know for sure.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lisahs3 wrote:The model looks like Chanta? Sorry if I spelled her name wrong.
Lisa
"A Chanta (Rose) by another other name would SPELL just as sweet." :rofl:
Sorry Lisa, that opportunity will never come up again, had to take it.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠