electromagnet time release

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Lisahs3

Re: electromagnet time release

Post by Lisahs3 »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:
Lisahs3 wrote:The model looks like Chanta? Sorry if I spelled her name wrong.
Lisa
"A Chanta (Rose) by another other name would SPELL just as sweet." :rofl:
Sorry Lisa, that opportunity will never come up again, had to take it.
:rofl: thats okay it was very funny, I do that all the time :facepalm:

Lisa
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Another method:
If you are bound by the electromagnet so that you cannot move. Maybe with ratchet connected at the zipper.
ZipperSleepsack.jpg
ZipperSleepsack.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
The only movement that makes sense is in the direction of the red arrow, which shortens the rope and pulls the zipper up.
Once the magnet has freed you and the ice has melted, the ring of the icelock can be hooked to the back of your bed so that you can pull the zipper back down by moving away from that hook.
Backup: disconnect the electromagnet, turn 180° and move away from the icelock, opening the zipper.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

kinbaku wrote:Another method:
If you are bound by the electromagnet so that you cannot move. Maybe with ratchet connected at the zipper.
ZipperSleepsack.jpg
The only movement that makes sense is in the direction of the red arrow, which shortens the rope and pulls the zipper up.
Once the magnet has freed you and the ice has melted, the ring of the icelock can be hooked to the back of your bed so that you can pull the zipper back down by moving away from that hook.
Backup: disconnect the electromagnet, turn 180° and move away from the icelock, opening the zipper.
with the way im planning on setting it up, one side of the sleepsack will still be attached to the bed. im fairly confident i wont be able to reach the string on the zipper pull so it should be secure.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Shannon SteelSlave likes this.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I am liking the idea of having one of the electro-magnets securing a ratchet-pulley with a cord attached to the zipper pull.

Can the zipper be operated from inside the sleepsack?

A slight variation on what was proposed earlier: Tie down all of one side of the sleep sack like you were going to do before. Also secure the feet area of the opposite side. Use one of the electromagnets to secure the chest area on the opposite side. Have a light cord attached to the zipper pull that will be inside the sleepsack with you, perhaps tied around your wrist so you can't lose it. Have the second electro-magnet secured a distance above where your head will be, and use it to anchor a ratchet-pulley. Have the working end of the rope going through the ratchet-pulley attach to the zipper pull, and have the free end inside the sleepsack with you.

Now you can slide into the well secured sleepsack, then pull the free end of the ratchet-pulley rope with your hands. The rope will slide along your head/neck and (after passing through the pulley) will pull the zipper pull up. You will now be trapped until the electro-magnet releases the ratchet-pulley, allowing you to pull the zipper back down using the light cord that you have a hold of. Note that the zipper pull will NOT be part of what is holding you in place. The only strain on the zipper pull will be from the pulley rope going up and the cord you have inside you when you pull it back down. As long as the electro-magnet is still anchoring the ratchet-pulley you won't be able to pull the zipper back down.

My only concern is if the zipper should jam.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

well, i got the magnet in today and im disapointed. with the usb battery plugged in, i can easily pull it apart. its rated at 12v or 24v, so im guessing i dont have enough power going into it or the magnet just sucks. i ordered a different battery bank that has a specific 12v 3a output, so im hoping that will work better. if not, then i might just be ordering the mag lock on etsy.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i tired the magnet with a 12v 15a power supply and its stronger than i can pull apart like that. the new battery pack is 12v but is only 3amp. im hoping that will make the magnet work like its supposed to.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

You can also always use the parachute system where instead of the clothes peg you place the magnet.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

just ordered a couple of electromagnets rated for 6v that hold 100lbs. im determined to make this work myself.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

these are the new magnets i ordered if anyone is interested. https://www.apwcompany.com/em175-6-222.html
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i also ordered some lifting eye's for the magnets in 1/4-20/ should just need a bolt through the magnet to the lifting eye and then a housing around the magnet to protect from the heat it generates. might even be able to get away with pvc around it.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

TNTBound wrote:well, i got the magnet in today and im disapointed. with the usb battery plugged in, i can easily pull it apart. its rated at 12v or 24v, so im guessing i dont have enough power going into it or the magnet just sucks. i ordered a different battery bank that has a specific 12v 3a output, so im hoping that will work better. if not, then i might just be ordering the mag lock on etsy.

You can always add a pulley or two to multiply the force of the rope.

In fact, it would be easy to double the force without using an actual pulley. Establish an anchor point for the magnet, and also attach the fixed end of the ratchet pulley to the same point. Run the free end of the ratchet pulley rope over to where you will be and through whatever ring/zipper pull/ etc and then back to the electro-magnet.

Another way that I use to minimize how much force I can apply to the anchor point is to tie a part of my body that is not as strong as my hands. My balls are frequently used for this. I can pull a couple hundred pounds with my hands, and jerk a lot more than that, but my balls are only good for 25 pounds or so and I am not too anxious to jerk with them. A collar around your neck would work as well.

R.Mc.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

got the 12v battery in and it works perfectly with the original magnets i ordered. stronger than i can pull apart with my two hands. i still have to figure out a housing for that magnet, but im just glad i can make it work. i really wish i had a lathe right now!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

TNTBound wrote:got the 12v battery in and it works perfectly with the original magnets i ordered. stronger than i can pull apart with my two hands. i still have to figure out a housing for that magnet, but im just glad i can make it work. i really wish i had a lathe right now!
Very nice to hear. :D Make something quick now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :hi:
Maybe connect the magnets with a couple of zipties.
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

ups just dropped off the 6v magnets and they work perfectly with the usb battery bank! when done, i should have 4 of them for a bit more than one mag lock. :D