Ideas to store kink-ware

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Shannon SteelSlave

Ideas to store kink-ware

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

How do store your kink-ables?
As I am nearing the end of my home restoration, I am looking for way to store my stuff. Out of the way, not visible on far inspection. What I would love is to press a hidden button, and panels in the walls sequentially rotate 180 degrees to reveal gags, corsets, chains, rope, cuffs, ect strapped to them for easy viewing and access, to the right person, me only. What I have is a partitioned closet in my bedroom, 10 X 3.5 feet.You need a 4 digit code to enter the bedroom, and a 4 digit code to enter the closet. My bedroom is more or less off limits to guests, but this room is more off limits.
Not asking for direct help here, but rather hoping to come up with ideas from your descriptions, and if you care to post, your pictures of BDSM storage. You can also post photos from the internet on the subject. That is how I constructed, designed, and configured most of my house. Thanx for sharing what you can.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Re: Ideas to store kink-ware

Post by kinbaku »

Think of being easily accessible. It makes no sense to have to open 10 different locks before you reach your material.

A cupboard with drawers built into a larger cupboard with a sliding door that you can close is a good solution. I am in favour of a roller door wardrobe or harmonica door cabinet for this purpose, because with a sliding door wardrobe, the door sometimes gets in the way if you want to use something from different parts of the wardrobe.
Metal office roller door cabinets even have a lock in the cabinet. If you buy one with different departments you can keep your material here in smaller boxes.
Even when they open the cupboard, it only looks like an office cupboard with files sorted in cardboard boxes.

For example, I have my ropes together, everything with electricity (DG lab, vibrator, electrical switches) together, handcuffs and ankle cuffs along with blindfolds, etc...
Because I live alone I have more freedom and everything is in large boxes and in those boxes in separate smaller boxes. My ropes are in a large chest of drawers with different thicknesses and types of rope in each drawer.

And then I have several boxes with the smaller stuff: Arduino, electronics, padlocks, chains, material and tools, ...

The idea is that you can quickly take the right thing for a certain session without having to gather everything together in different places or first have to move a number of things before you get to the device you eventually need.

Just some first thoughts.
Bound Whore

Post by Bound Whore »

Found this on reddit a while back, it's pretty neat (but way too small to store my 2 trunks + 1 suitcase worth of stuff).

Just use a bigger mirror :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/BdsmDIY/commen ... toys_made/
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
KinkInSpace

Post by KinkInSpace »

There are great videos on youtube about hidden rooms and hidden closets. I'd create a hidden space like that. No code, just security by obscurity.

You could create a full wall in front of another wall to make the room slightly smaller, and add a secret hatch in there with a locking mechanism that either requires to push at a certain hidden place, or it can be an old fashion lock that needs your key. The entire door could be behind a book shelf or picture, and with enough money and skills, you could all move with motors in which case you really do need a button press to set it all in motion.

If you go that way, it would be possible to use home automation to turn things on and off, but keep in mind, if somehow that fails, you could lock yourself out, so you do need a backup way to get in. For example, lets say the home automation runs on the wifi signal, you reset the password with the door locked, the home automation loses signal to wifi and no longer shows up in your app. You change the wifi signal back, but the home automation does not pick it up, so the door cannot be opened anymore. You'd need to break the whole door to get in. So yeah, backup entry is necessary and needs to be tested. One way could be a failsafe where the door automatically unlocks if there's no power. That way, you could cut the power to the entire house just to get the door open, and with the door open, you could fix the home automation stuff.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
Nokeyalike

Post by Nokeyalike »

I keep all my things locked in a toolbox at my garage a few towns over. When I wanna have some me time I go there with my backpack fill it up and bring it home. I like to plan my selfbondage sessions beforehand so I don’t rush and play safe.
Shannon SteelSlave

Follow up to this story, when any guests are allowed in my bed room, and ask what is in that secret room, I say "Dead bodies, sex toys, and money are stored in there, off limits". I am thinking about hanging a sign on the door that says exactly that.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I am thinking about hanging a sign on the door that says exactly that.
:idea: How about, "DANGER: Wild dust bunnies"?

And don't forget the gollywoggles and ankle-grabbers. :shock:

:mrgreen:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I am thinking about hanging a sign on the door that says exactly that.

Jenny.
I think you maybe over doing the coffee, Jenny.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

My guests have never been curious enough to ask questions about the contents of my storage totes.

My sister did tell me years ago that my living room resembles a mad scientist lair with all of the strange things she could not identify laying around. That was before I got serious about collecting electronic parts for various projects and had things much tidier. LoL.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

A friend saw my work space and thought I was building a bomb :shock:
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Most of the bondage gear we have is in my wife's wardrobe in a drawer and I have free access to it, I'm in there more than she is. It's contents are mainly chains, padlocks and various nipple clips. There is a larger collection of vibrators mostly useless cheap ones but there are four magic wands, one mains powered, there my wife's favourite sex toy.

In my wardrobe is a drawer which once had male clothes in but since my wife started acquiring me female clothes the drawer was emptied out and is now filling up with female clothing. No one sees in our bedroom much so no explanation is needed. I often wonder what a suitable explanation would be ?. The rest of my wardrobe is overflowing with male clothes, my wife often threatens to go through it all and sort it out, whatever that means.

There is actually two coils of thin rope sitting on the counter top, have been for weeks, not yet used but I thought if left there someone might find a use for them. :)

The house is still under renovation, by me, so things are everywhere and a bit messed up. I have no idea what people think about various things laying about.

One friend did pick up on something once. We have a clothes brush, it pretty much looks like an old fashion hairbrush, wooden and heavy. It usually hangs in the under stairs cupboard but was left out on the side once when this friend visited it. Now if your in the know about such things you'd know this would make an ideal bottom warmer, it isn't actually used for that, mores the pity, though it would real hurt. Our friend saw this brush and made several comments suggesting it's use in the direction and finished with "it's your house you do as you want in it."
I'd have loved to have taken the conversation further but I don't think she is the kinkster sort and she made it clear she was joking plus my wife would not stand for it.

Having said that about our friend I did once by pure chance happen to find a photo of her on line, she is kneeling on all fours on her bed topless with a shortish skirt on that is showing the slightest hint of a stocking top. I've never mentioned it to her as I don't wish to embarrass her or cause trouble if she didn't know it was there. That is a curtesy I doubt she'd extend to me.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Karren

Post by Karren »

I used to keep a lot of stuff in the front storage compartment of our pop-up tent camper that was stored in a gated storage facility. But we sold the camper a few years back. Lately I have been storing things in an old pinball machine that is currently not operating. Everyone keeps asking me when I'm going to repair it! lol The can go play the other newer one or the Mega Touch Evo.
I reject your reality and substitute my own….......

My Kinky Photos —— https://ibb.co/album/n30dgX
naughty_nellie

Post by naughty_nellie »

bound_jenny wrote: 17 Aug 2023, 09:52

Jenny.
You are SO naughty!
Shannon SteelSlave

I haven't had time, but I still want to make that sign. Also, should include instructions about hiring a clean out crew to handle everything in that room, so they can say they were warned.
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Pegboard behind bookcases made into secret doors?

Or maybe the setup I am planning, pegboard organizing the medical restraints hiding the bookshelves?
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!