Rope retractor

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
SuperTiger

Rope retractor

Post by SuperTiger »

Anyone know of a rope retractor that retracts and then cannot be let back out without a button press or some other action?

I was thinking of a way to tie myself up by using this on one of the arms and then letting it retract.

Thanks in advance.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Rope retractor

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Bound Anna, Super Tiger.
Use advice from this thread with caution. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13353&hilit=cam+jam%27
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Bound Whore

Post by Bound Whore »

Rope ratchets would work, but once they are under full tension, you won't be able to operate the little lever that usually releases/reverses the tension.

So you either need to make sure (besides always being able to reach the ratchet and feel for the little lever even when your hands went numb) there is always some slack on your rope or you will need to add another release method to override the ratchet. An ice lock connecting the binding rope to the ratchet's carbine hook would work and also of course a pair of scissors to cut either the ratchet's rope or the rope it is attached to.

Using an ice lock as a release/connector (or multiple ice locks daisy-chained for contingency), you could use a counterweight on the ratchet's pull string to make the ratchet retract every inch of slack you're willing to feed it with.
Life's too short to pretend you're not into some kinky shit.
vm1971

Post by vm1971 »

VM Belt Hogtie - closeup (small).jpg
CamJams and Rope Ratchets work very well but they're also a bit messy as there's a length of rope dangling about without purpose.

My preferred tool is a mini-winch, like what they use as a clothesline tightener. You just keep turning the winch and it rolls up the rope as it tightens. Like the other tools, you won't be able to disengage it once fully tensioned.

Picture is one where my wife has applied it to me but I also do this solo (without the pantyhose mittens). She ties it with a simple bowtie for quick-release. Going solo, you could do the same or make a knife (eventually) available to use.

We both especially like the click-click-click sound of my doom. :)
ZipMeUp

Post by ZipMeUp »

I have used SEAT BELTZ before to do something similar.
If you can find a seatbelt mechanism with an auto-locking child seat restraint feature, you can modify it to do just this.
Carefully disassemble the mechanism and remove the tip on the gear that deactivates child seat mode. Drill a small hole to allow you to reset the mechanism with a pin.

Once you do this, the seatbelt will operate normally until you pull the belt out all the way. Then it will activate and ZzzZzzzZzzip up the belt and not release it until the mechanism is reset.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Someone in this forum suggested golf cart seatbelts so I bought a set of four which look like they could do the job very well. I've been experimenting but not yet done a full session as I need to combine them with a mag lock for release and a chain-in-frozen-bottle safety release. Mounting them to the bed at the right distances so there's no chance of stretching out enough to reset the ratchet is the tricky bit, along with a way to hold them all fully extended while attaching cuffs.
john

Post by john »

Go have a look at climbing gear. They have devices and pullys that only let the rope through one way. Might not work on all diameters and is a bit expensive