Using Self Locking Hinges

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
qman

Using Self Locking Hinges

Post by qman »

I have just created a few Ice Locks from combining ideas from the forums here out of PVC, etc. I may take some time to document the design and my various iterations in a later post. However, this got me wondering about how to best implement the ice locks along with ensuring I'm unable to reach any release systems until the ice melts and the lock opens. As I wondered, I thought about building a device that leverages self-locking hinges like those found here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003503730405.html.

My thought was to build something like a pole (wood or square aluminum stock that I would be able to reach the ceiling to secure a tie to when folded/collapsed (you could even leverage multiple smaller hinged sections, but as I either moved away or squat down the hinge would self-lock and prevent me from getting to the point i was secured until the ice lock melted. I thought that something this this could also be used for a spreader bar that would self-lock as well by just spreading my legs apart, etc. Once free via the ice lock, I would be able to reset the self-locking hinge to release anything else. I would even think that you could use something like this for a hogtie bar that locks rigid when unfolded.

Thoughts on the ideas, or other ideas for these type of locking hinges?
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Using Self Locking Hinges

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Q.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome qman to BoundAnna.
I'm going to think about what is possible.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

One possibility is with this construction that is attached to the ceiling.
SelfLockingHinges.jpg
SelfLockingHinges.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
One can simply attach the ice with the ring to which is the rope 2 that holds your bondage.
Once you pull rope 1 through the opening in the top red connection, the ice is lifted upwards, inaccessible to use your hands to make the ice melt faster. And the self-locking hinge ensures that you can safely exert some force on the ring: the lower red half can only go back down if you stand on a chair to release the hinge.
qman

Post by qman »

I like the drawing and idea you provided in your reply, thank you. I was thinking of a less complex way of doing this so I drew up an image with a single rope. While standing, one could make all the secure connections and there would be some slack on the rope for doing this. I would envision some type of snap connector for cuffs or other connector at thye end. Once the person kneels down and the hinge locks in place and prevents access to the release or to stand up if fully rigid. A person would not be able to stand back up or release themselves until the ice lock releases them. Once that happens, you would be able to reach the hinge to reset it, etc. The release pin from the ice lock would be on the bottom so it could fit thought the eye screw hole, etc. This would need to be attached to the ceiling, but you could also attach to a wall or other object that the hinge would prevent access to in the locked position. Something that could force the body in an odd posture if needed.
Attachments
upload.jpg
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

You could use a Rope Ratchet attached to the ground and the restraints.
Attachments
toTheFloor.jpg
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

Some other ideas...

Use one of these https://www.trivantage.com/locking-rail ... tem-284278

Just use the Rope Ratchet from the ice lock to the floor with a butterfly loop where you want the restraints.

Add a weight to the end of the free end. So if you move down you can't come back up.
Attachments
toTheFloor2.png