Forced to Walk (self bondage)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Epikchance

Forced to Walk (self bondage)

Post by Epikchance »

I got this idea/inspiration form Boundanna.com but I have limited space. I have been thinking about way to make an electronic walker (like House of Gords pony walker). However, i have limited space and do not have a play room. This idea came to me a couple days ago and fits some of the conditions I have to work with. 1. economical 2. removable 3. most items can be found at the local hardware store. 4. no special welding required. 5. can be utilized in small space. First I walk about the scenario then talk about the set up.

Also I’m open to ideas and improvements! Please help.

Scenario:
User is in self bondage items with what ever they or their other decides (great scenario for heels, ballets etc.). There is a pvc pipe attached to the collar and the user must walk in 1/4 of a circle to loosen a bolt attached to a fixed point. The bolt will only loosen while walking in 1 direction so the user must walk back and forth. The length of this walk is determined by both the position of the bolt at start and length of the PVC piping used.

The set up:
A. Threaded 4-5 foot steal rod. ½ in diameter
B. Standard ½ nut to go on it.
C. 1/2 Pivoting/ratcheting wrench apoxyed to nut.
D. PVC Piping The length will be determined by how much space you have in your home and how much the user will need to walk. This will need to be attached to the wrench
E. PVC end cap with eye hook and bolt to attached to collar, waist or cuffs.
Attachments
Design
Design
lj

Re: Forced to Walk (self bondage)

Post by lj »

As far as I recall, the original "maypole" idea involved a very solid threaded steel pillar - in other words, not easily bent, so the victim could not damage the thread if they fell, or pulled hard against their collar. It would be quite easy to bend a 1/2" steel rod once you got the nut some way up from the base - this would make the ratchet wrench ( a very clever idea, by the way :) ) very difficult to operate.

Perhaps you could use an electromagnet to hold the keys away from the arc of travel back and forth, and have a "limit switch" to release the electromagnet when the nut reaches it at the top of the threaded rod. You could then support both top and bottom of the threaded rod with a substantial frame - as you don't have to walk around the rod, a wooden (or metal) support frame would be a simple construction.

As always, you need an emergency release, perhaps spare keys in a can of oil that will tip over the carpet, or keys in an expensive ornament that will tip and break, if the keys are pulled.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Please also keep in mind that ratchet wrenches need a minimum torque to “click back“.
Once the nut is in a place where it can run smoothly on the thread, you may find it runs back and forth instead of sraying in place while you walk back.
If that happens, you're absolutely stuck unless you break the pipe. As a minimum backup I'd recommend an ice-lock to connect the pipe and collar.

Edit: A self-locking nut could help, but that's an untested guess...
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
lj

Post by lj »

Blacky makes a very good point, simplest solution is indeed a self-locking not, eg "Nyloc" - these don't actually lock the thread, they just increase the friction to reduce the possibility of vibration loosening the nut that is generally screwed tight against something.

By the way, M12 (nearest to 1/2") thread has a pitch of 1.25mm, which means a 1metre thread length has 800 turns. If the rod is held vertical in a corner, that means the victim must make 4 "there and back" for each turn, or 3200 in total. Each "there and back" is effectively half a rotation as far as distance is concerned. Assume the radius determined by the PVC tube is 3metres, each "there and back" is pi x 3 = approx 10m, so the total distance that needs to be travelled is 32Km or approximately 20 miles. I reckon I can walk at 3- 3.5mph, so if it was in a straight line that would take at least 6 hours (I did a walking marathon in just over 7 hours), but of course the "there and back" isn't a straight line, but lots of start, steps, stop, change direction, repeat.

Be careful what you wish for, in this case potentially 10 hours or more of continuous walking !
be a switch, double the fun :-)
blacksabbath

Post by blacksabbath »

A ratchet spanner may fall off the nut as the nut rises up the thread. Will need something to prevent the ratchet falling off.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I'd rather cling to my cuffs: ability to sit down if you get too tired plus less danger if you fall.

If the screw does not work (the bolt turning back and forth), a garage jack might be useful.
GarageJack.jpg
GarageJack.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 4081 times
The jack lies on its side fastened to a shelf on the table or other piece of furniture. When fully extended, the jack will push the paper cup off the table, causing the key inside the cup to swing towards you on the rope.
Dark_Lizerd

Post by Dark_Lizerd »

My turn!!! My turn!!!
Moving a nut to selected location for release is one idea.
But how about turning this idea on it's side???
Start with the pole in the corner and wind the rope around it.
You would need a ratchet device at the bottom.
and 2 release bars on the north and west walls.
each press would allow the pole to turn to the next catch point.
So, you would need to press the north wall bar, press it.
walk to the west wall bar, press it.
and each trip, the rope gets a little longer each time.
Until your rope is long enough to reach the release key on the table at the far end.
To prevent "cheating", there needs to be constant tension on the rope to prevent the pole from winding back up.

Another idea...
Just tie the rope in the corner, and to your collar.
figure out the height required and place a knife, so that by walking back and forth will slide the rope over the knife.
It could be above the rope so that tension will pull the rope up to the knife,
of below, but require tension to slide the rope over the knife. (Just need a way that would prevent the rope from falling off the knife.)
(Or use a long curved "blade" that would go from one wall to the next.)
with your hands behind your back there is no way to cheat and just rub the rope over the knife.

This way, you can be a captive trying to escape.
(Other "entertainment" devices are are your choice.)
All advice is checked, re-checked and verified to be questionable...
Don't ask, we both wont understand the answer...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/09dtr ... e_V2_2.exe Not just for nubies any more...
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have doubts that a hydraulic jack would operate laying on its side.

The original post is an interesting idea and worth pursuing, but as others have pointed out, there are several possible failure modes. Be sure to have a backup release, For example, have the threaded rod secured into the corner with an ice release, so after a few hours you could pull the entire contraption over to where keys are waiting.

Another backup release mechanism could be to use a combination lock to secure yourself, and do the selfbondage in the dark or really low light so you can't see the numbers. Put a lamp on a timer, or rely on sunrise to provide light to work the combination lock.

Another 'failure' mode is that I would expect that there would be a point in the motion where the ratchet 'clicked', and you could just stand there and sway back and forth a bit to move the ratchet without having to actually walk. Adding some sound, such as music playing at a sufficiently loud volume so that you couldn't hear the click, might solve this little problem.

R.Mc
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

With a nyloc, there are a couple of treads before you get to the nylon insert, so the lack of friction problem would return at the very end. You could put the nut on with the insert on the bottom however, and then it would probably work. Even then there is the possibility of not enough resistance to make the ratchet work on the very last threads.
Also might need to replace the nut after each session, as the nylon inserts do wear and lose their ability to stay tight. They are supposed to be replaced if you remove them in normal usage. Running them along several feet of thread far exceeds a normal installation.
Good idea in principle, may need some testing!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Put a weight on the bolt - an iron block with a hole in it for the threaded rod to fit in - and on top of that block a washer where the key of your cuffs hangs on a string.
The friction and weight of the block prevents the bolt from turning back. The washer ensures that the bolt does not have to be turned all the way to the top before you being released.

Position the rod at a slight angle to ensure that the washer with the key swings toward you once pushed off the rod by the block. Or better: make the top of the block slanted, but then it is best to place a guide (a second hole in the block where an ordinary rod fits) so that the block cannot turn the wrong way.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Dark_Lizerd wrote:(Or use a long curved "blade" that would go from one wall to the next.)
And of which you do not know which part of the blade is sharp and which part is blunt. Preventing you from only rocking up and down a bit in a certain place.