Low-cost DIY caning/spanking machine

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
ein888888

Re: Low-cost DIY caning/spanking machine

Post by ein888888 »

Sorry was refreting the the h-board I have not been about to locate one that i feel would work
Onwrikbaar wrote:
ein888888 wrote:any link to the board or the source code?
The board I use is this STM development kit. Almost any other microcontroller will do fine too, as long as it has at least one AD converter.
The code is based on a proprietary state machine framework, that I cannot share. I'm considering porting the program to Arduino, but I haven't the time for that now.
Thub56

Post by Thub56 »

This must be a silly question, because nobody in the thread has mentioned it, but what about using a fast RC servo? A quick search found this https://www.amazon.com/AGFrc-High-Torqu ... th=1&psc=1
Which claims 0.055 seconds for 60 degrees of rotation (182rpm) and 259 oz/in of torque (at 8.4v) all in a very easy to control package. I don't think a person would get much faster that that RPM, and while It's definitely less torque than a person could deliver, as long as it hits full speed before impact, I don't think it matters much.
Thoughts?
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Make sure to get the steel gear version, if going that route. They run typically on 3.7 to 5 volts.
I just don't think any torque multiplying techniques could deliver a good slap, also, you really need a wind up and release for a decent lash.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Thub56 wrote:This must be a silly question, because nobody in the thread has mentioned it, but what about using a fast RC servo? A quick search found this https://www.amazon.com/AGFrc-High-Torqu ... th=1&psc=1
Which claims 0.055 seconds for 60 degrees of rotation (182rpm) and 259 oz/in of torque (at 8.4v) all in a very easy to control package. I don't think a person would get much faster that that RPM, and while It's definitely less torque than a person could deliver, as long as it hits full speed before impact, I don't think it matters much.
Thoughts?
Typically the rotation speed is given for a "no load" scenario. When applying max torque to accelerate something heavy it'll likely come nowhere close to that speed.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

ein888888 wrote:Sorry was refreting the the h-board I have not been about to locate one that i feel would work
I use a BTS7960 27V 43A H-bridge that costs about €3 on Aliexpress. It is extremely robust and has convenient current sense outputs.
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Thub56 wrote:what about using a fast RC servo??
A hefty servo might well work too, albeit at much higher cost. Are you going to give it a try?
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

you have probably seen this before rhttps://youtu.be/vPSn4UZ-zN8 if not take a look.
I like the bit where after he has received the first spank his initial thoughts are oww, not doing that again. Then the warm erotic glow hits him and he thinks I like that but I need an excuse to do it again. " I'll do it just one more time so You know how it goes". So nice of him to sacrifice his arse one more time just so we know how it goes. :wink:

Further research uncovered a drawing of the leisure apparatus.
plans for spanking mc.jpg
plans for spanking mc.jpg (13.07 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Thub56

Post by Thub56 »

Onwrikbaar wrote:
Thub56 wrote:what about using a fast RC servo??
A hefty servo might well work too, albeit at much higher cost. Are you going to give it a try?
I've got a lighter duty, but fairly quick servo left over from a plane which met it's demise in spectacular fashion, so I'm gonna give it a go with that. Gotta do some cad/ 3d printing first though.
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

To put some numbers to it, a typical cordless drill has more than 100 in-lbs torque... a drill/driver in driver mode might be 500.

259 oz-in converted in in-lbs is 16 in-lbs, or 1/6th the low end torque on a drill setup. It's also important to note that the RC servo is not designed to support much in the way of load... the use scenario calls for a small arm or disc mounted to the splined shaft, which is typically supported on a single small bearing in the top part of the housing.

By the way, I'm an RC car racer and have owned RC race tracks since 2001, so I'm pretty familiar with the servos involved. You might have more luck with the heavy robotics servos, but I doubt it. I think the best I have is something like 80 kg-cm torque (70 in-lbs) but with a transit speed of around 1/3rd of a second. I think that's way too slow. You'd need to drive an external shaft supported on its own bearings.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:you have probably seen this before https://youtu.be/vPSn4UZ-zN8 if not take a look.
Without the "r" from Remove. :rofl:
Thub56

Post by Thub56 »

OrgasmAlley wrote:To put some numbers to it, a typical cordless drill has more than 100 in-lbs torque... a drill/driver in driver mode might be 500.

259 oz-in converted in in-lbs is 16 in-lbs, or 1/6th the low end torque on a drill setup. It's also important to note that the RC servo is not designed to support much in the way of load... the use scenario calls for a small arm or disc mounted to the splined shaft, which is typically supported on a single small bearing in the top part of the housing.

By the way, I'm an RC car racer and have owned RC race tracks since 2001, so I'm pretty familiar with the servos involved. You might have more luck with the heavy robotics servos, but I doubt it. I think the best I have is something like 80 kg-cm torque (70 in-lbs) but with a transit speed of around 1/3rd of a second. I think that's way too slow. You'd need to drive an external shaft supported on its own bearings.
This took a little longer than anticipated because the servo tester I had died immediately at 6volts, so I needed to get a new one, but I feel it's absolutely suitable to use a servo with a cane or similar. I used a piece of 6mm brass tubing, rather than a bamboo cane because I had it around and it was easier to make a clamp for it that an actual cane (It's also similar weight).

I didn't want to argue before I had any data, but I shot a short, extremely crude, and badly lit video to show how it went https://youtu.be/LN7qnLNjMmM. I've got a handful of red lines on my calf to show for the test. I had trouble early on in the video with getting myself positioned right, (I'm holding the servo still in one hand and turning the knob on a servo tester with the other) but at ~30 seconds I get it figured out. The servo I got is able to get up to it's full speed in about 45 degrees of rotation. This probably wouldn't work well for a wooden paddle.

Humans just aren't very fast when expressed in RPM terms. The fastest ever recorded boxing punch comes in at 32MPH -- Roughly 448 RPM , if we pretend all that velocity is strictly in a 1' long (300mm) humerus (Meaning we ignore any torso movement), but an average person's best effort is about 75% of that. The reason a cane works in general is because it's a long moment arm to build up velocity with. At 180RPM (the servo I bought's max) and 30" (800mm) long, the length of my "cane" we end up, weirdly conveniently, at about 32MPH. It's absolutely less power than the drill motor another poster showed, but I think the drill hits harder than I'd ever cane someone. At 500 RPM, which would be the LOW setting on a hand drill, you end up at 89 MPH at the end of a 30" cane.

I'm thinking a little better designed cane holder, an Arduino and a transistor would make for a compact, and fairly cheap caning device. As for durability, servos are designed around shock loads that are higher than the servo's holding torque. It's normally seen through a small servo horn, but the radial load is still dictated by the servo's torque. It'll just backdrive if it sees higher forces.
I'll post again when I've got something that I can mount to a surface (the holder I designed doesn't work for this).
OrgasmAlley

Post by OrgasmAlley »

Fascinating, thanks for posting! How much difference do you see on a flat plane?

As to human speed, the fastest baseball pitch is about 106 MPH, a a whip cracks because the tip exceeds the speed of sound ;)
Thub56

Post by Thub56 »

OrgasmAlley wrote:Fascinating, thanks for posting! How much difference do you see on a flat plane?

As to human speed, the fastest baseball pitch is about 106 MPH, a a whip cracks because the tip exceeds the speed of sound ;)
The servo is controlling the speed after 45 degrees or so, not getting pulled faster by gravity, so I expect the speed to be the same in any orientation, I just couldn't hold everything and film with the servo in a more normal orientation.
Krisrmd

Post by Krisrmd »

Perhaps something like this;
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005002197634367.html
for multiple uses, depending on configuration ?
Can attach a stepper motor & controller..or..I've found a few old sewing machine motors & pedals at thrift stores...could work well.
EmilyRX

Post by EmilyRX »

This is great!
A little to complex for me though!