Weekend project: Vibrator controller

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
LogicTrolling

Weekend project: Vibrator controller

Post by LogicTrolling »

So I thought I'll share a little weekend project of mine:

A while ago I bought a vibrator, and it broke down something like 3month after.
Instead of throwing it in the trash I figured it probably wasn't the motor, so I disassembled it, remove all electronics and wired it up directly in cable. I used a professional cable that's normally intended to be used for XLR microphones, these are great because of how flexible/robust they are you can't get a knot on this cable.

For a while I used my bench power supply to power the thing, but I decided it's time to have a proper controller, so I bought a cheap ESC off Amazon, a little buck converter (voltage step down) and some connectors.
I had an old power supply from a laptop, so I used that one, the output is 19V which is then step down to around 8v by the buck converter(using a separate buck converter allows me to set the max speed to avoid burning the thing) and then goes into the ESC that then goes out to the vibrator.

I'm pretty impressed I have a really good range of power with the dial and the LED of the ESC even shines through the 3d printed box
I even think that it's still waterproof since there isn't a charging hole now, and the cable is build to be outside

Here are some photos:
Riddle

Re: Weekend project: Vibrator controller

Post by Riddle »

Nice project. Thank you for sharing.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!