Doctors orders..enforced exercise.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bounddosster

Doctors orders..enforced exercise.

Post by bounddosster »

After being told by my doctor to step up my weight loss by trying to exercise more. Ok, what she really said was "just do some exercise above your usual routine of none". I'm beginning to think my doctor is :evil: , I told her I didn't exercise much, OK at all, because I had FMS and she told me pretty bluntly that I was using this as an excuse and that certain exercising was good for FMS. As you might guess I'm not a fan of exercise, it isn't the doing it that bothers me it is the boredom and loss of time while doing it that annoys me but my doctor had every angle covered and my excuses were shot down in flames. Her suggestion was cycling but I don't own a bike anymore but I do have a clothes hanger (exercise bike) buried in the shed. I should not have mentioned that to doctor :evil: as she responded with "that is ideal, dig it out and use it". So as a good submissive knows when to do as he is told even by Doctor :evil: I pulled the exercise bike out of the shed and I'm currently getting it working again but I want to make my exercise fun by turning it into a forced exercise session, this should help overcome my complete lack of self will.

So I'm looking for ideas to achieve this by having some way of forcing me to remain on the bike until the set amount of exercise is done. I need to be able to stop peddling if needed but remain on the bike until completed regardless of the time period.

What I am thinking is using two electric motors, one to be used as a generator which will be attached somehow to the drive wheel of the bike, this has a strap around it that you vary the tension on to alter the resistance to pedaling. By pedaling I turn the generating motor this is linked to another motor placed high up and out of reach which will run only when I'm pedaling and driving the generator . On the top motor will be a wheel that has a string attached with a key on it, this will slowly lower the key to my hands which will be restrained by chains to the bike handlebars. So basically I have to pedal so much to get the key low enough to release myself.

I hope my explanation has not confused people, if it hasn't I'd like your thinking on making this work or any other ideas to achieve my goal, so I can make docotr :evil: happy with me.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Gregovic

Re: Doctors orders..enforced exercise.

Post by Gregovic »

I've put a lot of thought into a similar scenario as well. I lack actually having the exercise equipment though as I prefer actually going out and cycling in the real world over sitting in a room going nowhere.

Here's how I think I would do it: Either hack the speed signal/distance signal of the bike if it has one (usually a hall sensor or reed switch sending out pulses to the little dashboard) or hack such a signal myself by sticking some magnet to the flywheel (Try to keep it balanced so it doesn't vibrate too much), then have a small microcontroller counting pulses. Pulses too slow, trigger a punishment to speed up. After a certain number of pulses trigger a release mechanism (with a backup to release after a fixed time). If you want to go truly evil, have it speed up over time, have maximum speed too or change minimum and/or max speeds at random without telling you. I would have a way to lock my feet to the pedals of the bike and a way to lock my hands either behind my back to the saddle pin or to the handlebars (probably safer). My thinking was big electromagnets, as I can power those with a battery and be released immediately once they turn off without having to fumble with a key after hard exercising.

Good luck on the weight loss. It's a pain in the... everything and everywhere to be honest .
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
lj

Post by lj »

reminds me of a project from years ago

couple a dynamo /generator ( a DC motor may work) to the pedals. add a load (resistance) to the dynamo output, and then use the output across the load to trigger a timer, output of the timer to release a key that locks you to the bike.

A normal human can generate 250 watts for a minute or so, a highly fit individual can manage about 10 minutes, so go for 100 watts to experiment with - that equates to a current of 8 amps with a 12 volt dynamo.

I used entirely analogue circuitry but you could do all the clever stuff with an Arduino. You just need to measure voltage, test if it is exceeded for a certain time and drive a solenoid to hold the key. Bear in mind the usual safety precautions - power the key release solenoid with a battery that will flatten and release the key within a safe time period, and have another emergency release. Ideally you need a simple contol to increase the threshold voltage and time required. I leave that to the programmers here !!!
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gregovic wrote:I've put a lot of thought into a similar scenario as well. I lack actually having the exercise equipment though as I prefer actually going out and cycling in the real world over sitting in a room going nowhere.

Here's how I think I would do it: Either hack the speed signal/distance signal of the bike if it has one (usually a hall sensor or reed switch sending out pulses to the little dashboard) or hack such a signal myself by sticking some magnet to the flywheel (Try to keep it balanced so it doesn't vibrate too much), then have a small microcontroller counting pulses. Pulses too slow, trigger a punishment to speed up. After a certain number of pulses trigger a release mechanism (with a backup to release after a fixed time). If you want to go truly evil, have it speed up over time, have maximum speed too or change minimum and/or max speeds at random without telling you. I would have a way to lock my feet to the pedals of the bike and a way to lock my hands either behind my back to the saddle pin or to the handlebars (probably safer). My thinking was big electromagnets, as I can power those with a battery and be released immediately once they turn off without having to fumble with a key after hard exercising.

Good luck on the weight loss. It's a pain in the... everything and everywhere to be honest .
Interesting ideas, the bike is old so it just a basic turn the pedals, which turn a sort of flywheel which has a band around it causing the resistance to the pedal to change. No speedo as it doesn't work.
I like the idea of a hall sensor being used to count the revolutions.
Thanks for that Gregovic.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

lj wrote: release the key within a safe time period,
That is a good point lj, I do need to have an overall limit on the time. I think I'll have to go for a long time period say five hours, that way I won't be tempted to just wait out the time until the safety release kicks in. I don't like the idea of being stuck on the bike for five hours so I'm going to pedal.
Thanks, lj.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I got my treadmill fo' free from online ad. (Craigslist) The owner was getting rid of it simply because the belt kept walking off to the right. They did not know how to fix it, and condemned the machine. All it needed was to adjust the belt rollers to track the belt straight.
Maybe you can find such a deal on a more modern bike or treadmill.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

It would be most unfortunate if the belt slipped off just after you'd started and you had no way to complete the distance. :-)

I'd use an optical detector, the type used for robot line followers that consist of an infra-red LED and a sensor on a PCB that can easily be wired to an Arduino. And a patch of reflective tape on the belt or wheel that can be detected by the sensor. It would need calibrating by measuring or working out the rotations per distance covered. And locking wrist cuffs attached with chain to electromagnets on the handlebars or front upright.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Many years ago someone showed me how to measure the power output of a vintage engine, A rope was wound round the flywheel. There was a weight on one end of the rope. This hung below the flywheel. From there there was one turn of rope around the flywheel with the other end going straight up to an overhead fixing, but with one of those scales with a hook on each end in the rope. The rope was wound in such a direction as to lift the weight when the engine was running. Of course the weight was only raised slightly before the rope started to slip. To get the torque, you measured the difference between the weight and the scale reading and multiplied by the radius of the flywheel. Then you needed a rev counter to calculate the power. If you could fix up something like that, with an electronic scale. Maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401154721667 ... Sw95lbDMXq (note, I’m not saying that one would do. You might need a different sensitivity)
If you also had a hall effect sensor or whatever to count the revolutions you could use an Arduino to calculate the total energy generated (Watt hours). When you have generated enough you get released.

A good description of the arrangement is rather difficult. I’ll draw a diagram and include more details of my proposed calculation if would like them.

Of course you need the usual emergency release etc.

P.S. Don't use man made fibre rope, it might melt!
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I second the idea of using a magnet switch on the wheel to run some electronic circuit.

Bicycle odometers use a magnet and reed switch setup. Magnet gets attached to a spoke and the sensor clamped to a fork. That magnet could just as easily be glued on to the wheel.

If you wanted to use a small microcomputer, such as an Arduino, it would be easy to have the reed switch connect to one of the inputs. The CPU could count the pulses to get distance, and measure the time between pulses to get speed. It could control a relay to connect some Estim if your pace faltered, and keep an electro-magnet energized to hold the key to your release. I highly recommend a backup release!

If you are not into building electronic circuits but are into writing apps for smartphones there are bicycle odometer apps that use a wheel sensor that has a Bluetooth connection instead of wires. The wheel sensor still uses a magnet and reed switch, but it connects to a Bluetooth transmitter right at the forks. A skilled programmer would be able to use that wheel sensor to run a custom app. Then you could use WiFi apps to control other things, like the electro-magnet.

You could add rewards as well as punishments. Keeping a certain pace might turn on the TV, or start a fan blowing to keep you cool.

The app could keep track of when you used it last and add punishment if you slack off. Perhaps email your doctor if you fail to maintain a minimum level of exercise! Or send photos to the Internet.

R. Mc.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Keyless wrote:Many years ago someone showed me how to measure the power output of a vintage engine, A rope was wound round the flywheel. There was a weight on one end of the rope. This hung below the flywheel. From there there was one turn of rope around the flywheel with the other end going straight up to an overhead fixing, but with one of those scales with a hook on each end in the rope. The rope was wound in such a direction as to lift the weight when the engine was running. Of course the weight was only raised slightly before the rope started to slip. To get the torque, you measured the difference between the weight and the scale reading and multiplied by the radius of the flywheel. Then you needed a rev counter to calculate the power. If you could fix up something like that, with an electronic scale. Maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401154721667 ... Sw95lbDMXq (note, I’m not saying that one would do. You might need a different sensitivity)
If you also had a hall effect sensor or whatever to count the revolutions you could use an Arduino to calculate the total energy generated (Watt hours). When you have generated enough you get released.

A good description of the arrangement is rather difficult. I’ll draw a diagram and include more details of my proposed calculation if would like them.

Of course you need the usual emergency release etc.

P.S. Don't use man made fibre rope, it might melt!
If it's one of those exercise bikes with a belt wrapped around the flywheel to provide the resistance you can probably build that by putting a tension gauge on the fixed side of the belt. The adjustable side is often a simple spring that's pulled more or less to provide more or less force (and thus resistance) on the belt.
Shannon SteelSlave

Would a colour recognition program be able to count revolutions per minute? Paint a target on the flywheel for a camera to pick up?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Would a colour recognition program be able to count revolutions per minute? Paint a target on the flywheel for a camera to pick up?
Theoretically yes, but you'd need a very high frame rate and a very fast processing system to make that work. Let's just say it's not a route I would choose as a mechanical engineer unless I had no other option.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I got my treadmill fo' free from online ad. (Craigslist) The owner was getting rid of it simply because the belt kept walking off to the right. They did not know how to fix it, and condemned the machine. All it needed was to adjust the belt rollers to track the belt straight.
Shannon are you disrespecting my bike. You should never disrespect a guys wheels,
Oh yeah, it actually hasn't got any wheels,
Hey! are directing my horizontal floor stands, the rubbers on this baby aren't just for show you know, they really do protect the floor covering. :)
Shannon SteelSlave

I was just saying that I scored a free treadmill from someone with no mechanical inclination. Re tensioning the belt should be a fairly routine maintenance procedure. Everything on the machine works great now, including the belt.
We'll get your bike working, we're on it. Flying magnet crank trigger, photoelectric diode, hall effect "window" or even a "slapper" that hits a button every revolution.
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:I got my treadmill fo' free from online ad. (Craigslist) The owner was getting rid of it simply because the belt kept walking off to the right. They did not know how to fix it, and condemned the machine. All it needed was to adjust the belt rollers to track the belt straight.
I went on a treadmill once I was topless and this beautiful lady wearing a nurses uniform had just shaved my chest then she led me into a room where two more beautiful ladies one dressed also in a nurses uniform and the other was dressed as a doctor, she even had the stethoscope around her neck. I was told to get on the treadmill and walk then the doctor lady kept torturing me by increasing the speed of the treadmill and making me run faster and faster while they all observed me closely.

Was it a fantasy come true, had I been kidnapped by three gorgeous ladies intent on transforming me into a ribbed sex stud with a rippling six-pack that they were going to use as their personal sex slave for years to come.

No, I was in hospital having some sort of heart health check. Still, I got to get all hot and sweaty with three gorgeous ladies.