Announcing custom circuit boards for DIY Self-Bondage Timers

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Riddle

Announcing custom circuit boards for DIY Self-Bondage Timers

Post by Riddle »

I am pleased to announce that the developers have been working on development of custom circuit boards for self-bondage timers.

The first board produced is an Arduino shield. It has 4 button inputs, 4 MOSFET outputs, and a display connection. Next on the list is a Raspberry Pi Hat with the same specs. After that will be full timer boards with the Arduino compatible controller board with MOSFET outputs and button inputs integrated into one board.
0326592F-2D72-48BD-95A5-1AD8AFCEEAE4.jpeg
D6EB3A45-B969-4F1A-BF06-5B05A8BBEB57.jpeg
The display available is the following display:
AAFE3B1F-C528-49C2-9B56-0249FB903F88.jpeg
It is a clock display with 0.56” tall digits and a 16K33 display driver ic.

These will be available for sales at Riddle-Electronics.com soon.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Announcing custom circuit boards for DIY Self-Bondage Ti

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

We are hoping for some feedback from the members so we know how much building supplies we might need. Not looking for promises to buy, just general interest.
The 1st unit mentioned will be more of a plug'n'play model, whereas the 2nd will be more advanced, for programmers.
The MOSFET outputs will be 2 five volt ports, and 2 twelve volt ports, to suit your needs.
Encouragement or criticism is what we are after. Please offer opinions and suggestions.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

The Developers and I just came from a meeting. We will have a very close to production prototype to show here soon. And accessories. The Arduino Shield Bondage timer. Coming soon to a forum near you.
Meeting.jpg
Meeting.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:The Developers and I just came from a meeting. We will have a very close to production prototype to show here soon. And accessories. The Arduino Shield Bondage timer. Coming soon to a forum near you.
Meeting.jpg
Was it that way that you enjoyed the conversation of the developers?
Looks like you were relaxed then. :rofl:

By the way, nice shoes. :hi:
Shannon SteelSlave

kinbaku wrote: Was it that way that you enjoyed the conversation of the developers?
Looks like you were relaxed then. :rofl:

By the way, nice shoes. :hi:
Thank you. Yes, it was business casual that had me 3 minutes "fashionably" late to the meeting. No bondage needed to keep me engaged in that meeting. I have chained myself to my desk when I need to write a promised thread or report for the forum.
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Complete timer assembly with 1 of 4 MOSFET outputs in use.
7D77E537-B573-4436-A859-AD34A3DC8D51.jpeg
Maximum time allowed is either 99 hours 99 minutes or 99 minutes 59 seconds.
The outputs can drive DC loads such as electromagnets, battery powered vibrators, or relays for AC power control.
The MOSFETs will be wired independently for any combination of output voltages: 3V, 5V, 12V, etc. up to 48 Volts DC.

This can tease you with a vibrator while holding a key or other release.

Any questions? Suggestions? Feedback?
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Riddle wrote:Any questions?
Indeed.

Did I just buy, about ten days ago, the same screwdriver you have? :?

Other than a small detail ( that oval opening just to the right of the screwdriver bits ), its the same...

That brand must attract perverts... :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Riddle wrote:Any questions? Suggestions? Feedback?
Is it too much to ask to also be able to apply 9V with a voltage divider? The ideal input voltage for the Arduino to maintain its 5 V.
Now, 12 V is good too. Is below 20 Volt :wink:
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

kinbaku wrote:
Riddle wrote:Any questions? Suggestions? Feedback?
Is it too much to ask to also be able to apply 9V with a voltage divider? The ideal input voltage for the Arduino to maintain its 5 V.
Now, 12 V is good too. Is below 20 Volt :wink:
I am not sure what you are asking? 9V with a voltage divider?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Riddle wrote:I am not sure what you are asking? 9V with a voltage divider?
Some devices require 9 V. It is therefore good that your circuit also supplies the 9 V voltage.
You could make this with an input voltage of 12 V on a series connection of 2 resistors R1 = 3 Ω and R2 = 9 Ω (just as example). You then have an output voltage of 9V across the resistor R2.
The formule is: Vout= Vin x (R2/(R1+R2)).
lj

Post by lj »

A voltage divider is not a suitable way to reduce the 12v to 9v unless you can guarantee the load current, and even then it is not very good - your example also means the voltage divider will, all on its own, draw 1 amp from the power supply.

There are several better ways to do this - you are simply wanting to reduce the supply voltage by 3v.

If the load current is fairly predictable and known, or the load is something that already stabilises its own internal voltage, a simple resistor, resistance calculated by

R in ohms=Voltage (3v in this case) / load current in amps - will "drop" the voltage to approx 9vdc

Another cheap way is to connect a number of silicon diodes in series (eg 1N4001) these are good for a 1 amp load current and each diode will reduce the supply voltage by appro. 0.7v, so 4 or 4 diodes would give the required reduction. (anode to positive supply, cathode to next diode anode, final diode cathode to load, cathode is marked as a ring around the diode body)

Another is to use a zener diode, selected for the required voltage drop and load current - in this case connect the zener diode cathode to the positive supply, anode to load

all of the above are suitable for relatively low current, eg maximum 1 amp. If you drop the supply by 3volts at a load current of 1 amp, whatever you use will generate 3 watts of heat, so select a device than can dissipate that heat on its own, or use a heatsink ( the 7809 would need one, but a simple piece of aluminium would do the job.

and finally, use a voltage regulator, eg 7809, these are good for 1-1.5amps
be a switch, double the fun :-)
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

lj wrote:A voltage divider is not a suitable way to reduce the 12v to 9v unless you can guarantee the load current, and even then it is not very good - your example also means the voltage divider will, all on its own, draw 1 amp from the power supply.

There are several better ways to do this - you are simply wanting to reduce the supply voltage by 3v.

If the load current is fairly predictable and known, or the load is something that already stabilises its own internal voltage, a simple resistor, resistance calculated by

R in ohms=Voltage (3v in this case) / load current in amps - will "drop" the voltage to approx 9vdc

Another cheap way is to connect a number of silicon diodes in series (eg 1N4001) these are good for a 1 amp load current and each diode will reduce the supply voltage by appro. 0.7v, so 4 or 4 diodes would give the required reduction. (anode to positive supply, cathode to next diode anode, final diode cathode to load, cathode is marked as a ring around the diode body)

Another is to use a zener diode, selected for the required voltage drop and load current - in this case connect the zener diode cathode to the positive supply, anode to load

all of the above are suitable for relatively low current, eg maximum 1 amp. If you drop the supply by 3volts at a load current of 1 amp, whatever you use will generate 3 watts of heat, so select a device than can dissipate that heat on its own, or use a heatsink ( the 7809 would need one, but a simple piece of aluminium would do the job.

and finally, use a voltage regulator, eg 7809, these are good for 1-1.5amps
Thank you for the good update. Now I know it too. Personally I would go for the 7809 IC.
I just saw this voltage divider and thought it was going to work, without thinking it over. :facepalm:

In any case, I would provide the 9 volts in the standard circuit board. I just saw today elsewhere that many e-stim projects are based on 42TL004 transformers and they use a 9 volt power supply.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

I would like to meet you halfway. Offer power supply options for 9VDC. A six-cell AA battery holder or 9V wall-wart supply can be options.
Blacky

Voltage divider circuit

Post by Blacky »

kinbaku wrote:
Riddle wrote:I am not sure what you are asking? 9V with a voltage divider?
Some devices require 9 V. It is therefore good that your circuit also supplies the 9 V voltage.
You could make this with an input voltage of 12 V on a series connection of 2 resistors R1 = 3 Ω and R2 = 9 Ω (just as example). You then have an output voltage of 9V across the resistor R2.
The formule is: Vout= Vin x (R2/(R1+R2)).

Hi kinbaku,

I'm referring to the voltage divider you proposed in the above quote.
Additionally to what lj already pointed out, there's another problem with this kind of voltage dividers: The formula you stated is only true, if there is NO load on the divider.
That is, because as soon as you apply any kind of load to the 9V you get from the divider, you actually put a third resistor (the load, R3 for further reference) in parallel to your R2.
The resulting total resistance of R2 and R3 will then be calculated as:
1/R_tot = 1/R2 + 1/R3.
In your calculation above, you'll then need to replace each instance of R2 with R_tot, yielding:

Vout = Vin x (R_tot/(R1+R_tot))

As the resulting R_tot is always smaller than R2 the resulting voltage drop over R_tot will also be smaller. Thus, the 9V that dropped over R2 will fall to (probably) significantly lower voltage once a load is applied.

If you really are in need of a 9V supply for your projects, the 7809 IC is probably reliable and quite cheap. If you need currents of more than 1A, I'd recommend to use a battery pack and use the circuit boards 12V supply to switch a relais (use a freewheeling diode to catch induction currents!) or a MOSFET.
You may want to consider to use a MOSFET straight away, though. There are a couple available, that can be controlled directly from e.g. an Arduino output pin and can handle Drain-Source-currents of more than 45 Amps.

Hope this helps a little?

Best regards

Blacky
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
kinbaku

Re: Voltage divider circuit

Post by kinbaku »

Blacky wrote:Hi kinbaku,

I'm referring to the voltage divider you proposed in the above quote.
Additionally to what lj already pointed out, there's another problem with this kind of voltage dividers: The formula you stated is only true, if there is NO load on the divider.
That is, because as soon as you apply any kind of load to the 9V you get from the divider, you actually put a third resistor (the load, R3 for further reference) in parallel to your R2.
The resulting total resistance of R2 and R3 will then be calculated as:
1/R_tot = 1/R2 + 1/R3.
In your calculation above, you'll then need to replace each instance of R2 with R_tot, yielding:

Vout = Vin x (R_tot/(R1+R_tot))

As the resulting R_tot is always smaller than R2 the resulting voltage drop over R_tot will also be smaller. Thus, the 9V that dropped over R2 will fall to (probably) significantly lower voltage once a load is applied.

Blacky
Also very true. :facepalm:
I'll have to think it over before I mention it next time. :whip: :gag: