lj his figure 8 safety knot

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
kinbaku

lj his figure 8 safety knot

Post by kinbaku »

From a good idea from lj at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13545&start=15#p101602:
lj wrote:A simple release can be made by using some cord, say 4-5mm diameter, and 5m long, tie a "Figure 8" knot to make a loop, then make a series of knots and loops fed through each other with the "tails" of the cord beyond the Figure 8 knot, making a tangled ball. All the knots should be loose, not pulled tight. You then use the loop to secure wrist ties, even chain loops padlocked on! All you have to do is undo all the knots, which will take however long you took to make the knot ball in the first place, plus any added difficulty (=time) like a blindfold or the whole tie behind your back, or above your head. Of course, at least in early experiments you still should have the safety shears nearby - as you "progress" a simple way of making theemergency release less attractive is to have the shears on a shelf, held in place by an expensive vase, sculpture or whatever you really would rather didn't break, with a cord dangling within reach, tied to the shears, so pulling the cord to get the shears drops the object to the floor!

The reason for the Figure 8 knot is that it can always be undone by alternating the direction a bend on either side of the knot, the leverage slowly releases the tension in the knot - it is used by rock-climbers as the main knot between the climbing rope and safety harness, and it can be undone even after a fall has put severe tension on the rope (I know this from experience...).
See Climb-Safe-With-A-Figure-8-Knot for making the figure 8 knot.

A possible solution is with 2 cuffs, a rope and a ziptie (or padlock).
Figure8Knot.jpg
Once you make the loop, the figure 8 knot and the bundle loose knots you insert the loop in your cuffs and pull the zip tie tight.
The only solution with no safety shears is to untie the bundle loose knots and the 8 form tie.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: lj his figure 8 safety knot

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Worthy of the main site. And that's a tough cookie to crack, I know, I already tried.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Re: lj his figure 8 safety knot

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Worthy of the main site. And that's a tough cookie to crack, I know, I already tried.
I once did it with a variation of ruru67 knitting braid from Bathtube predicament.
KnittingBraid.jpg
First with 10 square knots and then the knitting braid as ruru67 explained in the Bathtube Predicament post but for the ending with 2x in the last loop instead of once.
Then placed the ends in ice and slid it over a high pole so that I had to wait for the ice to melt before the ends came free.

After this preparation, the actual self-bondage took place as follows:
First place your right hand against the knitting in the loop.
Then the loop all the way around the left hand.
Then in reverse rotation around the right hand (1 and 2)
Then back around the left hand, and so on ... always in a figure of eight.
Then twist the loop between the two wrists around its own rope twice and then slide the loop over the left hand and block it with a padlock that goes over all the ropes in the left hand so that you can no longer pull the last loop back over your left hand.

I liked that you can make it fast, but it takes much longer to untie and the further you go the harder it gets. :twisted:

Especially if you put a bar in the last braid that hangs at the same height as your head; as I had done in another scenario. Because you always have to raise your hands to release the rope, your arms get tired and you have to rest in between before you can continue working on the liberation. :shock: