Clock releasae

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bounddosster

Clock releasae

Post by bounddosster »

Here is a clock I altered to use as a release method. It is only a rough prototype to work out glitches, It works well though.
DSCN0589.JPG
DSCN0589.JPG (94.22 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
Two problems I had with making it was:
The original hands were plastic and so slipped around the center spindle with the weight of the key. I fixed that by using metal hands that were a much tighter fit and a tiny spot of glue on the hand's hole. It is also advisable to remove the second's hand so it doesn't become entangled(Thanks Jenny.).

I tried using the clock first as is described on the main website,
But I found because of the type of casing around the clock the keys could drop onto the casing ledge and not fall to the ground. This I fixed by making a hole through the bottom of the clock through which a piece of thin strong string can be threaded. By attaching the keys to the string which is then looped over the hour hand the string will, when time is correct, slide from the hand and the keys will fall.
DSCN0590.JPG
DSCN0590.JPG (86.74 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
DSCN0592.JPG
DSCN0592.JPG (79.89 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
DSCN0599.JPG
DSCN0599.JPG (100.3 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
There is a clear plastic cover that fits over the clock face, not shown, I was thinking of painting it black so when fitted the time can't be seen so you have no idea of the time left :twisted: . Note: hide all other clocks.

One thing to point out if you use one of these, After testing you should be able to work out the point at which the key would release. This one releases at 4:30ish, So when setting up first position the hands at the release time, best done by laying the clock down, then loop the string over the hour hand and turn the clock backward to your starting time this will ensure the string can not get twisted around the spindle.
I also recommend using a new battery every time just in case.
Last edited by bounddosster on 24 May 2021, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bound_jenny

Re: Clock releasae

Post by bound_jenny »

That's a nice piece of ingenuity. 8)

Another recommendation, if the clock has a second hand, remove it or cut it off. It might get tangled in the string, a most unfortunate affair!

I agree - use a fresh battery. They usually need only one AA cell. Bought in packs of 12, 16 or 24, they get real cheap per battery (especially when on sale!).

Keep up the good work!

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I was holding this post to reply all day, couldn't find the words. So maybe now I will just offer another advice piece. AA batteries start at 1.5 volts, and 1.0 volts is considered dead. 1.3 volts should be a good reading on a test meter. So yes, replacing or at least testing the battery would be a very good idea.
As with any clock scenario, I would recommend against using a regular clock that is constantly running, unless you replace or test its battery, but a dedicated "Dooms Day" clock is always better, especially since you have more control over how long it will run before release.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Depending on where the clock hangs, you can add an extra rope from the key to the hook with which the clock hangs and with a length that the key just hits the ground when it falls.
In this way, the key cannot fall away under anything when the clock is hanging close to a cupboard, for example.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

I've always been a bit itchy about using clock hands to carry the weight of a key - they don't need a lot of resistance to jam; they're also easy to bend so that one hand can't pass the other.

What I have done is use a wind-up alarm clock; then the alarm goes off, the alarm winder turns, and a key string looped over one end of it would drop the key. As long as the key string doesn't snag on anything else, that's pretty reliable, and there's a fair amount of force on the winder as it unwinds so no danger of it jamming.
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

ruru67 wrote:I've always been a bit itchy about using clock hands to carry the weight of a key - they don't need a lot of resistance to jam;
Yeah i don't think most clocks weak motors can deal with the weight of a key.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Can key copies be made from aluminum?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Can key copies be made from aluminum?
It is possible with a thick plate like from a battery or the lid of a candy box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGwo54Zbuu0.
For lockpicking tools you need spring steel and/or metal paperclips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT2qf3-OcHU
But easier is making shims from the aluminium of a coca cola can for most of the cheap padlocks.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:That's a nice piece of ingenuity. 8)

Another recommendation, if the clock has a second hand, remove it or cut it off. It might get tangled in the string, a most unfortunate affair!

I agree - use a fresh battery. They usually need only one AA cell. Bought in packs of 12, 16 or 24, they get real cheap per battery (especially when on sale!).

Keep up the good work!

Jenny.
Your right about the second hand I did remove it, sorry I forgot to mention that bit, I'll edit, Thanks for reminding me.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:Depending on where the clock hangs, you can add an extra rope from the key to the hook with which the clock hangs and with a length that the key just hits the ground when it falls.
In this way, the key cannot fall away under anything when the clock is hanging close to a cupboard, for example.
That is a good point kinbaku, thanks. Always pay attention to were the key will fall and ensure it can not drop anywhere that is inaccessible to you in your bound state.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

ruru67 wrote:I've always been a bit itchy about using clock hands to carry the weight of a key - they don't need a lot of resistance to jam; they're also easy to bend so that one hand can't pass the other.

What I have done is use a wind-up alarm clock; then the alarm goes off, the alarm winder turns, and a key string looped over one end of it would drop the key. As long as the key string doesn't snag on anything else, that's pretty reliable, and there's a fair amount of force on the winder as it unwinds so no danger of it jamming.
I did change the original hands to ones that were stronger and I did plenty of testing and had no problem with the hands/motor holding ten padlock keys, but I only use two as padlocks are paired to one key. If you had four padlocks paired to one key then only one key would have to be hung on hand or get a small locking cashbox and place the release keys into that and hang the key to that.
As the string is actually held right next to the spindle it is in a very strong position. It only moves when it starts to slide off the hand and that is a quick movement so the hand doesn't really have much weight put on it.