DIY Yoke - inputs?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
jackles

DIY Yoke - inputs?

Post by jackles »

I've wanted a yoke for quite a while, but even though I can afford buying a 'real' metal one (which is what I really want), they are ill suited for selfbondage.

I'm not a handy woman, not even close, but I found a board lying around the attic of my apartment building and had an idea. I'll attach a metal collar to the middle of the board with strips or something similar. I'll then drill two holes in each end of the board. I have a set of handcuffs with no chain, so I'll tie a string to each cuff and pull them through the separate holes, so the cuffs are pulled in close to the board.

On the back, I'll connect the two strings to an ice lock (this one: https://selfbondage-shop.com/en/ice-loc ... -05_stunde ) When the ice melts, the strings will be released. They cannot go through the holes, but the slack in the string should be more than enough to either unlock the cuffs or cut the string.

What do you guys think? The main challenge might be to lock on the last cuff, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Links to my Patreon with self-bondage pictures and videos, my erotic stories on Amazon, and my Fiverr where you can order custom erotica: https://linktr.ee/jessicashackled
lj

Re: DIY Yoke - inputs?

Post by lj »

I may be wrong, but I think the ice-lock construction is a "body", with a ring attached, and a "plug" with another ring attached. When the ice melts, the plug can be pulled clear of the body. This means that you would need to have the ice-lock very close to one end of your piece of wood, right next to the hole in the end of the wood, to give you the longest possible string to release your hand - but you wouldn't be able to reach your other hand as the string would be too short.

A safer way would be to have one string anchored near the hole, passing along the wood and through the plug ring and back again to the hole. This means the string is akmost twice the length of the wood so you could easily reach the other hand (secured with a short string. Does that make sense?

Personally I would use padlocks to link the handcuffs to the strings - handcuffs can easily be overtightened accidentally and can cause serious damage to your wrists. By all means use them, but only if they can be double-locked before you commit to securing them to your strings. If they can't be double-locked (to prevent accidental closure) don't use them at all.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Sergio

Re: DIY Yoke - inputs?

Post by Sergio »

Seconded what lj says. I'd get a set of lockable leather cuffs and collar (they don't need to be lockable for this scenario but you'll find all sorts of other uses for them in time), some small padlocks (although for this chainlinks would also do), a piece of plastic overflow pipe (20mm or 22mm diameter thick walled) about the length of your arm span from fingertip to fingertip (in the UK it comes in 2m lengths) and a length of light chain about 50cm longer than the pipe and another 20cm length of chain. And a timer padlock (although you might be able to do this with a regular padlock and key frozen in a block of ice). The idea of the pipe being longer than the distance between your wrists is that the point where the timer lock goes is within your grasp for locking and unlocking but you're still stretched helplessly until the time is up.

Attach one end of the long chain to one of the cuffs and feed it through the pipe leaving about 15-20cm slack. Attach the short chain to the other cuff. Feed the pipe through the d-ring of the collar (or attach it with a cable-tie if it's too small) and fasten on the collar and cuffs. All that remains is to link the end of the short chain to the free end of the long chain with the timer padlock, taking up any surplus but make sure it's positioned so you can reach the padlock comfortably to lock and unlock it.

Now click it shut, make a cup of coffee (with difficulty obviously) and sit down to watch a DVD/Netflix/YouTube of 'The Secretary'. :-)