Arduino Bondage Timer with 4 relays

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Riddle

Arduino Bondage Timer with 4 relays

Post by Riddle »

Edit: The clock shield is not compatible with the Leonardo. The clock and relay shields need a set of stacking headers to fit together.
Edit again: The clock and relay shields are not compatible; the display control pins conflict with Relay 2 and 3.

I have discovered new circuit boards and have reconsidered my design for a self-bondage timer.

https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-4-relays-shield
https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-uno-wifi-rev2

With these 2 boards, nearly anyone can build a self-bondage timer. Now, if only there was a display, some buttons, a RTC (real time clock), and a temperature sensor. Oh, wait.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-Real-T ... SwgmJXzOGX

A complete timer can be assembled with these parts without soldering. I bought 2 relay boards and some clock shields this morning and am looking forward to building a new alarm clock. Also going to make a bondage controller.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Last edited by Riddle on 26 Apr 2021, 09:03, edited 3 times in total.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
kinbaku

Re: Arduino Bondage Timer with 4 relays

Post by kinbaku »

I once bought a set of 36 sensors for experimentation. There are also LCD screens. The Wifi shield is interesting to know, thank you Riddle.
Now electronics is within everyone's reach. You don't even have to solder for workarounds and you can get a variety of breadboards.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

kinbaku wrote:I once bought a set of 36 sensors for experimentation. There are also LCD screens. The Wifi shield is interesting to know, thank you Riddle.
Now electronics is within everyone's reach. You don't even have to solder for workarounds and you can get a variety of breadboards.
Neat links. The WiFi link goes to an Arduino controller with built-in WiFi, no shield required.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Received the relay shields and the clock shields yesterday. The clock shields came fully assembled. Using an Arduino Leonardo for the controller.
E77052E7-6DD8-44EA-8F1C-2F31F30CB37A.jpeg
The clock shield will not fit on top of the relay shield because of the ICSP female header on the bottom of the clock shield hits the screw terminals on top of the relay shield. Not sure what the white epoxy is doing on the bottom of the clock shield. The battery holder for the RTC is under the 7 segment display.
Last edited by Riddle on 27 Jan 2021, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Riddle wrote:Received the relay shields and the clock shields yesterday. Using an Arduino Leonardo for the controller.
E77052E7-6DD8-44EA-8F1C-2F31F30CB37A.jpeg
The clock shield will not fit on top of the relay shield because of the ICSP female header on the bottom of the clock shield hits the screw terminals on top of the relay shield. Not sure what the white epoxy is doing on the bottom of the clock shield. The battery holder for the RTC is under the 7 segment display.
There is likely a "chip scale package" (bare silicon, sometimes called a "flip chip") chip under the epoxy, so best leave it alone. Bare silicon needs to be covered as even light can disturb it's function and cause it to fail. (a bright flashlight or the sun shining through the circuitboard might do it too, so be careful where you place that thing.)

If you buy some header strips (like those already on the board) of the correct pitch, you can stick those in between the 2 boards if you really want to stack the clock shield and the relay shield. Or remove the ICSP headers if you don't use those and have a soldering iron.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Found another issue. The SCL and SDA pins do not match between the clock shield and the Leonardo. The clock shield looks for SDA and SCL on pins A4 and A5. The Leonardo has SDA and SCL on 2 and 3. Guess this idea needs more work.
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Another update: got proto shields for use as spacers and assembled it all together with an Arduino Uno compatible board. Still not working together . :facepalm:

The display control pins conflict with the relay control pins.

The search for a commercial-off-the-shelf bondage timer continues.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Riddle wrote: The search for a commercial-off-the-shelf bondage timer continues.
We'll get there. And don't be afraid to enlist the communities' help.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Hitmeup

Post by Hitmeup »

just a question why are you trying to stack them you can use wires and mount them separately then there is less fitment head aches
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Hitmeup wrote:just a question why are you trying to stack them you can use wires and mount them separately then there is less fitment head aches
Send me a Private Message. You might be able to help us more directly.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Hitmeup wrote:just a question why are you trying to stack them you can use wires and mount them separately then there is less fitment head aches
I wanted something that just plugged together and worked.