rope ratchet pulley

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
dsteve

rope ratchet pulley

Post by dsteve »

shoretex-rope-ratchet.lg.jpg
shoretex-rope-ratchet.lg.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
this is a rope ratchet. They come for various diameters of rope and are not expensive. I imagine it being placed overhead and used for a self bondage strapaddo. I am sure you all can imagine this.
Question is, how to release it. Anyone have any experience with these items? Apparently you need to push a button on the pulley to release it. I could do a magnet between the pulley and the attachment to the ceiling, but prefer to find a way to release the pulley without other items in the way. Don't know if this is possible but hoping some of you have solved this problem already.
Thanks
kinbaku

Re: rope ratchet pulley

Post by kinbaku »

I have this https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2PC-1-8-Grow-Li ... 1866694580 and use a cloth filled with ice cubes contained in a plastic bag, so after the bondage you don't have to mop up the water from the melted ice.
Like "Direct Ice Release" by BoundAnna Main site/Basics.
At BoundAnna you will also find some posts where a tube shielding the release button, made with a 3D printer or a metal U-profile. I use a plastic bottle that I cut the bottom of. The ratchet is in the bottle and is out of reach for my hands.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I have some of them, and you do indeed need to flip a lever on the ratchet for it to allow the rope to come back through it. I haven't really figured out a good way to use them for that sort of scenario either.

Additionally I'm a bit hesitant about doing a strappado scenario solo, since if your legs give out or you lose your balance, you risk dislocating your shoulders :shock:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

These are best used as a means to get yourself into a tighter situation than is easily possible without help. They are not easy to release, so are best used attached to another release, such as ice or a magnet. When the time expires, the entire thing is dropped or released giving you enough movement to release yourself or get to your keys. Try not to have it fall on your head though! :rofl:
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have several of those rope ratchets.

I would say that it would be very unlikely that you could release the ratchet.

I use mine with my electro-magnet. Lock the plate onto the electro magnet, then use the rope ratchet to tighten the bondage down. The timer releasing the magnet is what releases me.

R. Mc.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

I use it for hogtie, spread eagle or as fine tuning for scenarios like "Main BoundAnna/Scenarios/Heavy/Oh no what have I done?". :mrgreen:
Always with ice release.
Just as Gregovic pointed out, I wouldn't use it for strappado unless you have a lot of experience with suspension and make an extra connection with a sturdy chest harness, but under the constant supervision of another person who can intervene quickly. If you pass out on the strappado because of lack of breath, it is a bad idea to restrict your breathing by leaning on a chest harness. So the harness is only there to give the other person the time to cut everything loose.
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

they are good for drawing everything tight once you have got intoa spread eagle
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

How about instead of putting the ratchet up at the ceiling where you can't reach it, Why not put a pulley at the ceiling and the rope ratchet next to your hands. Of course you would have to pull the rope upward as opposed to downward. If you think about it, in order to pull the rope upward, your hands would have to be above the rope ratchet, meaning you would never be able to pull it out of your reach.

Option two, hook it to a anchor point that juts out horizontal and is open. meaning you can have it fall off by working it to the open side. Or better yet, combine both of these options at the same time.