DIY Door magnet release set up.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
o0_Squirrel_0o

DIY Door magnet release set up.

Post by o0_Squirrel_0o »

o/ I am looking to make a reliable magnetic timer release. The set I am considering is

Timer
https://www.amazon.com/Century-Mechanic ... 24&sr=8-22

Power supply
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019Q ... _qh_dp_hza

Magnet
https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Electric ... 6RR7MNMN9W

I have a few concerns. Is there a cheaper or easier way to do this? How would I mount an eye bolt to the magnetic plate? I see the bolt that rests inside the plate. I was wondering if an eye bolt would fit into that bolt.
Would the power system work?

On the sixteenth, my roommates will be out of town and I want to have it ready by then.

Thank you!
CD Tammy

Re: DIY Door magnet release set up.

Post by CD Tammy »

I’ve used a similar lock but mine is a lot stronger, and more expensive. I also use smart plugs as my release with a mechanical timer as a back up.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

If you can match those medium pitch threads, then you could use a washer to stop it, and a jam nut to keep it from unscrewing.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
painslut667

Post by painslut667 »

I'm working on a similar sort of thing, but I printed out a little case with a built in hasp for the steel plate.

Plan (still in progress, but planning...) is to attach the magnet to one side of a door frame, using a Gosund smart plug to control when the magnet will release, and an ice lock on the other wrist. I can attach the key to any other locks to my collar since one way or another I'll be able to reach it.

Reading some of the other threads, I'll probably get a cheap mechanical timer to put in between the smart plug and the outlet. I hate programming the things, but this is a little more mission critical than making sure a lamp goes on/off on time.

This is the smart plug. 9.00, doesn't require a hub: https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-Smart-Plug- ... B07Q1L6311
Stretched out

Post by Stretched out »

o0_Squirrel_0o wrote:. How would I mount an eye bolt to the magnetic plate? I see the bolt that rests inside the plate. I was wondering if an eye bolt would fit into that bolt.
It looks like a counter sunk headed machine screw that goes into the magnet side of the plate. So, rather than an eye bolt (male) you would need internal (female) threaded eye end / lifting eye nut.
painslut667

Post by painslut667 »

I haven't had time to try it yet, but I printed this to hold the steel plate, that way I can hook a lock to it

https://imgur.com/h4f1CEw
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

That all looks like it would do well.

It looks like the plate has provisions for a counter sunk, flat head bolt. I can't tell what size bolt the counter sink is for, but it wouldn't be hard to enlarge it, or find a suitable flat head screw that would fit.

You will end up having the threads of the flat head screw sticking out the plate when it is tight against the magnet. Get a 'coupling nut' the same thread, and then an eye bolt that size thread. The coupling nut will allow you to thread the two bolts together.

You will need to mount the magnet to something. A piece of wood will work.

The magnet that I have is a lot larger than that and has a lot more holding power, but 130 pounds will be sufficient if you attach it to the right part of your body. If I want to make sure that I am held securely and can't yank the magnet loose, I will attach the magnet plate to either my neck or my balls. A frequent arrangement is a rope from my ankles, through the eyebolt on the magnet plate and then back to my balls. In my case, I am more concerned that I might break what I have the magnet anchored to rather than pulling the plate off.

I also recommend using two timers in series. One set to the shorter time that you want to be held in place, and the other as a backup in case the first one fails. It happened to me once!

R. Mc.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

rmcingle wrote:I also recommend using two timers in series. One set to the shorter time that you want to be held in place, and the other as a backup in case the first one fails.
I second redundant release methods.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

I third it, one digital and one mechanical.
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

Here is one way of using such a 60 kg electromagnet to create an inescapable wrist restraint.
Here is one way of using such a 60 kg electromagnet to create an inescapable wrist restraint.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Stretched out wrote: It looks like a counter sunk headed machine screw that goes into the magnet side of the plate. So, rather than an eye bolt (male) you would need internal (female) threaded eye end / lifting eye nut.
You could probably get a suitable eye nut from Ebay together with a suitable countersunk machine screw. Scaling from the photograph it looks as though the countersunk hole might be 6mm or 1/4 inch, but I think you need to wait until you have the magnet to be sure. A problem with the arrangement is that you could probably loosen the nut and remove it, particularly if you had a decent sized padlock through it or you had some sort of rod you could put through it to give some leverage. Even a stout pen might do it. Perhaps some red thread locker would be enough to ensure that, even if you managed to turn the nut, the screw would just go round with it, keeping you secure. I have not used red thread locker myself, but others say it works well.

I agree with the others, you should use two timers in series. If your setup allows you to use it, it might be wise to have a phone within reach as well

Post by 0385 »

I saw this setup using a 400N magnet. can be used with a small powerbank. you get released when powerbank runs out. there is also a digital timer for a more precise release.

they use basic aliexpress equipment in a custom milled enclosures.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I doubt it's the standard Aliexpress magnet as they all run on 12v. While SOME sellers advertise a 6 volt version I've yet to find one that actually delivers it in smaller quantities. It also has a custom (and much sturdier) cable attached. You can get it custom made but then minimum order quantity becomes 50 or even 100 pcs.

I intend to experiment in the future making one of those with a 12v magnet and a 50mm PVC pipe coupler (made a 40mm version a while back but that magnet just isn't strong enough. See this thread). Just way too many projects to do, too little time.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*

Post by 0385 »

Pretty sure they run 12v through the usb adapter
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

I doubt it. Most cheapo USB packs don't support 12V output and I don't think they're running a boost converter in an adapter that small for a 300 mA load. (plus I seem to recall MagBound mentioning it running off of 5 volt somewhere on the site)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*