DIY Door magnet release set up.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.

Re: DIY Door magnet release set up.

Post by 0385 »

You've got a set up working?
Cause i dont, and all I have is a site that sells stuff that does seem to work, contrary to your assumptions.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

0385 wrote:You've got a set up working?
Cause i dont, and all I have is a site that sells stuff that does seem to work, contrary to your assumptions.
You can always use it by keeping the liberating key out of your reach. I make sure the key is hanging on a string and the electromagnet keeps the string out of reach. Once the time has elapsed or if the power goes out, the magnet loosens the string that I can then pull on me to get to the key on the end of the string.
This way I prevent the key from falling under something inaccessible or falling on my head.

I have received an order to switch the 5V electromagnet with an LDR. I have to crawl up the stairs to the bedroom where the circuit only drops the key when there is enough light on the LDR in the morning. :mrgreen: This and next month I am still too busy, but it will certainly be a scenario for the month of May. The electronic schematic, magnet, LDR and battery are already ready and i have tested everything and everything works. :D
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

0385 wrote:You've got a set up working?
I don't know what assumptions you are referring to? I never said anywhere the Magbound product doesn't work (I'm sure it does work very well). Just that I think it runs on 5 volt (with a purpose made magnet) and not 12volts.

I have 3 of the AliExpress "standard" R50/30 magnets already to make a very similar magnet lock and I have been experimenting with them. The biggest problem is that at 12volts they get pretty warm, so I'll probably feed it with around 9 to 10 volts when I actually make something with them.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

I have had a working system for years

I bought a used magnet off Ebay that was made for holding a door closed. It was intended to operate off 24 volts and hold a LOT of force. I operate it off 12 volts and it still has enough holding force that I haven't been able to yank the plate off.

I have a few different timers for shutting the power down to the magnet, depending on how long I want to be secured in place. A spring wound timer with a maximum of 60 minutes for short durations. Lamp timer for long durations. A WiFi / computer controlled switch for random times.

Ever since the spring wound timer failed I have utilized two timers in series.

R. Mc.
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

Gregovic wrote:I doubt it. Most cheapo USB packs don't support 12V output and I don't think they're running a boost converter in an adapter that small for a 300 mA load. (plus I seem to recall MagBound mentioning it running off of 5 volt somewhere on the site)
hello,

yesterday I received this product, although it is very expensive, I am not able to make something similar. I confirm that it is a 12V magnet and the USB cable acts as a booster
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Nikkk, and thanks for the verification.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

nikkk wrote:
Gregovic wrote:I doubt it. Most cheapo USB packs don't support 12V output and I don't think they're running a boost converter in an adapter that small for a 300 mA load. (plus I seem to recall MagBound mentioning it running off of 5 volt somewhere on the site)
hello,

yesterday I received this product, although it is very expensive, I am not able to make something similar. I confirm that it is a 12V magnet and the USB cable acts as a booster
huh, that is very surprising to me. Not a design choice I would have made I think. Well, have fun. I'm sure it'll work great :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

nikkk wrote:hello,
Welcome nikkk and thanks for your post. Can you also indicate whether it is not getting too hot? Thanks in advance. :hi:
nikkk

Post by nikkk »

unfortunately for now I have been able to use it for a maximum of 1 hour straight.
it becomes hot but not hot and does not bother during use