Any experience with this Timer padlock?

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
maypolejunkie

Any experience with this Timer padlock?

Post by maypolejunkie »

Hi all,
I came across this padlock on eBay (sorry, it's currently sold out it seems, but take a look anyway. Specification wise, it seems almost too good to be true for SB scenarios.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Multi ... 4201818277

Upon further research, it appears to be an Anboud SmartLock (throught for a second it read AmBound!), which seems to possibly have some sort of bluetooth capability too.

Does anyone have experience with this type of lock? Is it safe, reliable, worth the money?

Thanks!
MPJ
/MPJ
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Any experience with this Timer padlock?

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Good to meet you, Maypolejunkie.
This related thread might have some answers, and , no one has posted an experience with it. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12375&hilit=timer+lock
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

I've bought two from the supplier.

As opposed to some other timer locks, these are secure and cannot be ripped open by hand.

The build quality isn't super high, though, and I somehow don't trust them fully. Always use two of them, one connected to another, in case one of them doesn't open. And yet still have a third backup release. (Mine is that my GF will come by eventually).

The locks won't spring open if there's any load on them, so you need to be able to manipulate them e.g. with your hands.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

That's my bad, C, I didn't happen to realize you did a review of a sort.
We thank you for your post. :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
IcarusBurned

Post by IcarusBurned »

I have two of these, have had a mixed experience with them.
They can occasionally open when they're supposed to be locked but I have never had them malfunction the other way around.
If they do open unexpectedly, you need to reset them by removing the batteries and then pressing the button several times - it seems to reset them reliably, but it can spoil a game that has taken a long time to set up.
I absolutely would not use them without a backup.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Sometimes it attempts to lock, but doesn't get it locked right. It helps to push down the shackle while it's locking, and making sure the batteries are 100% fresh.

If there's stress on the shackle when it tries to unlock, it may also not unlock properly. I found that pressing the button can make it attempt to unlock once again. But really, don't rely on these locks alone.
redsonic

Post by redsonic »

Hello, i am this ebay seller- this is my padlocks.

All padlocks is available - but international post do not working or have big delay up to 90 days, so selling is almost fully
stopping. Only by request.

I am also found some fake lock from other seller on ebay(2003jeh,vodmfxet23) and etsy(ElectronicTimerLock) -so pls be aware.

"The locks won't spring open if there's any load on them"
yes and this is important
but every time resetting is not needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wybp408Zgrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtUhKALBYlk

this all my locks
20200802_122154-s3.jpg