The Timeout Frame (With question for locking idea)

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
cldmm

The Timeout Frame (With question for locking idea)

Post by cldmm »

Hello everyone,

i have been lurking this board for a very long time. However i never had the capability to do self-bondage myself.I did not have room for it, and even if I did, still i did not own the tools or skill to safely pull it off. Fortunately that has changed, and now i'm in the proces of thinking up something special for myself. I don't want to rush things, so i will be taking some time to get it right before pulling out my wallet and get the stuff required to build it. Luckely i have -some- skill in 3d cad modeling so i can thoroughly plan in advance.

A litle background.
I have always been facinated by bondage. Especially the medical and psychiatric restraints kind; Segufix, straightjackets, isolation chambers, sensory depervation, etc.. Having autism myself makes things in life difficult. When life is a hacktic as can be, I get overwelmd, get burned out, and have to many signals to proces, sensory overload. I like the idea of losing the capebility to make myown decisions in those circumstances. Losing the input of hearing and seeing (sensory depervation) to reduce sensory stress and losing the output of moving and speaking. Removing any form of stimulation. Being in self induced limbo. Giving myself a calming time-out.

I don't want to 'punish' myself, i want create a comfortable, safe, strict, 'therapeutic' way of de-stressing. However punisment and humiliation can be part of it in seperate scenarios, but is not the main focus.

Unfortunately there is no female nurse to strap me in A nice segufix bed and taking care of me, so i have to do it myself. :cry:

The Timeout Frame overview
And there comes the idea. The Timeout frame. Inspired by medical and psychiatric restrainting systems, i designed some 3d sketches to see if it is possible to make something that comes close to it. With a simple goal; the least possible body movement.

Because of a limited budget, i will be using inexpensive parts. The straps will be made from transportation lashing straps cut to lenght. These can be upgraded in the future to thicker studer ones, when the budget allows it.
2530159_8718964000661-110.jpeg
To further reduce a bundle of text, i have included pictures of the 3d sketches. It still has stuff that needs to be done. (Like finding a way to attach leg, arm and head restraints to the frame)
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

The frame will be build from 3 different parts. The idea is that it can be dissasembled and easily stored out of sight. This will require some engineering to make it strong when put togheter, but that can be accomplished. Frame is made from 3 mdf boards, bolted onto a thick wooden subframe (not yet in 3d sketch). The subframe is what will give it it's strenght and will be the anchor point onto which the straps will be fastent to.

The main body restraints. To hold the main part of my body, i came up with a multiple strap system. The first straps will go from my shoulder to the crotch area. It will not be pulled tight, but be there so i cannot escape from the top or bottom. The main strenght comes from the other 4 straps going across my shoulder, under my armpits, stomach, and above my crotch.

The leg restraints. Legs are to be restrained at 3 points; thigh, just above the knee, ankle. This part i still like to figure out how to make it adjustable. Also i do not yet know how to attach the straps to the frame.

The Head fixture. The sensory depervation part comes from powerfull hearing protecting earplugs, and a lockable hood. With my head and neck fixed to the frame using straps.

I eventually would like to be able to be restrained to the frame for longer periodes of time, 8-10 hour sessions. To pull that off it will require some tweaking and finetunning for it to be safe and comfortable. Simple things like going to the toilet will not be possible then. However in the beginning it will be shorter trails, en easing into it.

The problem
I did leave out the arms, and thats for a reason. I do not have a safe and relaible way of locking my arms to the frame. The arms are the last step in strapping myself in to the frame, so still need to capebility to fasten all other straps first before my arms are put in restraints.
I really have no idea what the best option is, and would like to have input from others, do some of you have idea's that could help me in the last puzzle piece of my 'contraption'?

I'm excited to know what you y'all think of it and welcome other feedback and ideas, love to see what others can dream up.
bound_jenny

Re: The Timeout Frame (With question for locking idea)

Post by bound_jenny »

I like it. A lot! :drool:

Reminds me of this:
animextract.jpg
Note the slots in the board where the straps are passed underneath. Also note the extra slots for moving some restraints to add variety in positions.

Also note the lovely lady "enjoying" the experience... :twisted: :drool:

That's my happy place... :wink:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, C.
We could use someone with 3d drawing capability. Send me a PM, we'll talk.
Here is how I might build mine.
download.jpg
download.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 5122 times
A padded bench in what ever shape I want the arms and legs to go, all velcro straps that are easy to fasten, with some kind of remote fail safe to strap in my last free wrist.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

i would skip on the mdf for 3/4 plywood instead. mdf could likely hold up, but plywood is WAY stronger.

i would make mine with foam padding covered by vinyl or preferably leather.

i think i would have the pieces fold onto each other with hinges, and then use galvanized pipe along each side to secure it from hinging when in use with some bent steel for it to slide through on each piece.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
rmcingle

Post by rmcingle »

How would you make the last straps secure, and what is your release mechanism?
cldmm

Post by cldmm »

bound_jenny wrote:I like it. A lot! :drool:

Reminds me of this:
The attachment animextract.jpg is no longer available
Jenny.
I liked this idea. So i changed the sketch to implement it.
6.png
7.png
8.png

TNTBound wrote:i would skip on the mdf for 3/4 plywood instead. mdf could likely hold up, but plywood is WAY stronger.
I personally would prefer plywood as well. However i have a lot of mdf laying around, and the basic strength will come from the wooden subframe underneath the bed.

rmcingle wrote:How would you make the last straps secure, and what is your release mechanism?

That's what i'm struggling with, i really do not know what to do with that part.

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: I want the arms and legs to go, all velcro straps that are easy to fasten, with some kind of remote fail safe to strap in my last free wrist.
Do you have an sketch (drawing also possible) of how such an mechanism might work?
Shannon SteelSlave

I don't know. This isn't my thread, or really an idea I am working on, but maybe a zip-tie based thingy I could grab and twist a few times until secure. A block of ice underneath would be contained in the loop so that once it melts, the loop would be too big for my wrist.
I do know that some sort of motor torquing the straps tight is a no-no. They can over tighten, jam on the "release cycle", or the power could fail, deleting said release cycle, to name just a few.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Onwrikbaar

Post by Onwrikbaar »

My favorite way to lock my last free hand is by using an electromagnetic wrist restraint, controlled by software and with an oldfashioned electromechanical backup timer. It can be made absolutely escape proof and still failsafe. Since it doesn't require a key, it can be used while I'm blindfolded or hooded. My software also allows it to be controlled across the web, making it suitable for remote play. I built this from scrap wood, a hinge, wood glue, some screws and a €10 door holding magnet that can hold 60 kg while drawing less than 150 mA at 12VDC.
IMG_1784.jpg
cldmm

Post by cldmm »

Onwrikbaar wrote:My favorite way to lock my last free hand is by using an electromagnetic wrist restraint, controlled by software and with an oldfashioned electromechanical backup timer. It can be made absolutely escape proof and still failsafe.
i do like this idea. I have tried looking into this, but cannot understand it really. Seeing that you come from the netherlands as well, where did you get the parts, what parts did you choose, and how does it work exactly?

-cld
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

An other solution for your last hand: Gray rope tied in a loop. Turn bar C counterclockwise causing the rope to twist and block your wrist.
Then the bar C enters between blocks A and cannot turn back.
Blocks B serve to easily grab the rod back with your fingers and lift it up so that it turns back and you can free your wrist. Make sure that the gap between blocks A is large enough so that the rope cannot get caught.
LastHand.jpg
Of course you have to fine-tune it so that the wrist is blocked with a few turns.
Shannon SteelSlave

cldmm wrote: Do you have an sketch (drawing also possible) of how such an mechanism might work?
I am not great at drawing. It would be a piece of ice fastened in the zip tie that once melted, gives you plenty of room to get your wrist out. If I haven't done well describing it with words, I might be able to use a photo illustration, if you really want to use this idea.
👠👠
thatthat21

Post by thatthat21 »

Kinda reminds me a bit of a post I saw sometime ago on Twisted Kinking's site before it went down, but the internet archive still has a copy of the site.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180224162 ... ontroller/
cldmm

Post by cldmm »

thatthat21 wrote:Kinda reminds me a bit of a post I saw sometime ago on Twisted Kinking's site before it went down, but the internet archive still has a copy of the site.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180224162 ... ontroller/
Bingo. That was what i was looking for :worship: . Thank you thatthat21.

Now i need to find a way to translate it into my sketch. It still leaves me with limited knowledge of electromagnets, but it's getting there.
cldmm

Post by cldmm »

Small update: been busy with the design today
15.png
I have added tubes where my hands will go. So will i can move my hands, i cannot reach or grab things.
16.png
19.png
Started making the subframe. This where all the straps will be attached to.
17.png
Now the idea is that i will be stuck inside the frame, however i'm now stuck in not knowing how to make the mechanism :rofl: . I have taken thatthat21's linked website idea, and tried to implement it. But there is just not enough room. :facepalm: .
I need to have a brainstorming session for myself on how to do it right.

-Cld
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

cldmm wrote: Now the idea is that i will be stuck inside the frame, however i'm now stuck in not knowing how to make the mechanism :rofl: . I have taken thatthat21's linked website idea, and tried to implement it. But there is just not enough room. :facepalm: .
I need to have a brainstorming session for myself on how to do it right.

-Cld
What are you not understanding about the mechanism. Perhaps I can help? I've succesfully been impersonating (that's what it feels like anyway) a Mechanical Engineer for the last 10 years, so ask way. And if I don't have any advice, we have plenty of other very skilled and experienced members in design, fabricating, fabricobbling, bodging and hacking anything for pervy purposes :mrgreen:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*