Release with Digital Timer and Electromagnet

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
ZipMeUp

Re: Release with Digital Timer and Electromagnet

Post by ZipMeUp »

In its current form, that's among the least safe releases I have ever heard of. Many things could go wrong that could prevent you from getting free.
1: The KASA cloud server experiences a glitch or crashes
2: Something goes wrong at your ISP and you lose internet
3: Your router experiences a glitch or crashes
4: The plug becomes disconnected from the WiFi
5: The plug experiences a glitch or crashes

If any of the above happen, you are stuck until either the power goes out, someone finds you, or you die (read Force of Nature story on main site). It is considered unsafe in selfbondage to use ANY computer in the release where it could fail in a way that would leave you stuck. Using a cloud-based product for release is asking for an accident.

Of the above, I have personally had 2 and 3 happen to me.

A safe(r) way to do your setup would to be to plug your Kasa plug into a mechanical timer (preferrably 2 in series) set for longer than your bondage interval. Even if the Kasa plug failed, you'd still have two other redundant safety systems to release you. It would be longer than planned but no longer than the mechanical timer duration.

The above reasons are also why I run my SB electromagnets off of batteries. Even if the Arduino controlling my bondage decides to crash in the locked position, the battery will run down and I will be released.
It it ain't inescapable... It ain't my kind of bondage.
CD Tammy

Post by CD Tammy »

This is why I plug the Kasa into a mechanical timer outlet. Back up.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Just bought a small electromagnet for sessions (pull force 2.5 kg). The timer is done with a circuit with Arduino (it does not have to be very accurate). This magnet together with the Arduino circuit gives enormous possibilities.

Such as: your legs are attached to the front legs of the chair with a chain and a padlock. Above you is the key attached to an electromagnet with a string and a small weight. As soon as the magnet receives a deactivation signal from the Arduino, the key will hang in front of you.
As soon as you press a push button on the handrail of your chair, you have 5 seconds to also press the button on the other handrail. Keep these both pressed for half an hour to let the key fall down, otherwise the key will hang for 4 hours. The power that operates the magnet is supplied by a battery that serves as a backup.

I want to use it with a circuit with an LDR: as long as it is dark enough outside, the key remains inaccessible in the bedroom. Immediately when I think it is time I have to crawl up the stairs with my ankles tied and hands with handcuffs on the collar. After this I can touch the key while lying on my stomach - if the key has fallen. :shock: It has been tested several times without the key (only the plate to which the key is attached) and it works. Scenario received from a good friend at BoundAnna. Thanks :!: