The closet rod pole fixture

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Shannon SteelSlave

The closet rod pole fixture

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

If you don't have support posts or any lally columns you can trust in your home, and want to do a standing pole scenario, then maybe try a spring loaded extendable closet rod and a couple of those sockets to hold it. You'll need to attach the sockets to the floor and ceiling, and should be able to remove if necessary to avoid suspicion. Then, extend the rod and screw it open tight. You might use a hose clamp to prevent loosing off, unless this is a practice session. Fasten yourself as you would, and when it is all done and your release lets your hands free, you can either untie or unbelt the rest of the bonds, or unscrew the rod with your hands to escape. Not sure I would pole dance from it, but should be sturdy enough to hold during movement or struggle. Good luck, have fun, be safe. Shan'.
Curtain-Rods-Telescopic-Pole-Voile-Extendable-Tension-Rod-Hanger-Spring-Loaded-Adjustable-Bathroom-Shower.jpg_q50.jpg
69c3a2e6-2872-46b3-a6cd-d111aed43f37.jpg
69c3a2e6-2872-46b3-a6cd-d111aed43f37.jpg (6.43 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
RADER123

Re: The closet rod pole fixture

Post by RADER123 »

I would not trust those closet pole rods for any real weight.
They will bend and break if over loaded, I have seen it happen.
So be careful.
Rader
Shannon SteelSlave

Do you think it can handle the horizontal load? I don't think I would be doing chin ups off one, or pole dancing, but the ones I use in my closet can hold a lot of clothes on hangers.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Do you think it can handle the horizontal load? I don't think I would be doing chin ups off one, or pole dancing, but the ones I use in my closet can hold a lot of clothes on hangers.
Don't forget that that is static weight, Shannon.
I tend to agree with Rader here. It just seems too flimsy.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
Shannon SteelSlave

That's ok. I don't want to argue with you guys, as you are both very wise. But I do wish to explain how I thought this was a good idea. The ones I have here are pretty strong. Fully collapsed, I just did a set of chin ups with my 150 pound self off one of mine. It is easy to break if you have them fully extended. I got mine at Walmart, if anyone can brave the Walmartians. I can't have members buying cheap ones and having accidents. I am all for leaving it up as "an example of what not to do", if I can at least get the spelling right.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

For a standing spreadeagle I use doors, or rather, their hinges as anchor points. I have a corridor with doors either side which open into the rooms and there are two opposite each other and conveniently just a little more than my arm span apart.

I take two lengths of plastic wastepipe (overflow pipe, about 20mm diameter but doesn't have to be precise). It comes in two metre lengths but could be cut down for neatness. I have some lengths of light chain about three metres long which I pass down each one. The two doors are opened to about right angles and the poles stood behind the hinges with the chain passed through the gap. I can then stand in the hall between them, attach ankle cuffs to the bottom ends and loop the top ends through the d-rings on wrist cuffs and attach back on themselves where I can just reach to using the electronic and/or ice locks. For better tension I've looped a cable tie between links in the upper chains several inches apart where I can just reach to pull tight and take up the slack.
Shannon SteelSlave

Thank you, Sergio, for the alternative. Might you have an idea to allow for a forced-to-stand straight, preferably on heels without being able to bend the knees for relief scenario? This thread was, in truth, written to help answer a dare that was requested of me behind the scenes in PM that I conceived on lunch time at work. But even I have my doubts about its total safety, and even more so, afraid someone will try to use a too-thin curtain rod or a cheaply made closet rod of inferior metallurgy. Thanks to all here for your inputs. Shannon's salute to safety and looking out :hi:
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ 
lj

Post by lj »

A very simple way of providing an overhead anchor is the "door hanger"

You need a short length of plastic rod or tube, perhaps 20mm diameter and 100mm long, and some nylon webbing. At its simplest you tie a knot in the webbing to form a loop 200-300mm diameter, then secure the loop around the tube with a rubber band. You now put the tube/knot over the top of a door to the far side, when it's open (!), bring the loop down on the near side of the door and then close the door. You now have a loop that is fixed in placeon the other side of the door by the tube and knot, until the door is opened again.

If you are lucky, you might find a webbing strap with a loop already sewn, perhaps a luggage strap or a harness of some kind.

The only problem comes when your door has a lever handle, as you may be able to move your body so you can lift the handle and open the door. But with some care you can restrict sideways movement. You can also set up a floor-based version to give a lower anchor.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

@Shannon SteelSlave
I'm sure doors could be adapted with some form of hanger - Ikea do an over-door coat rack that I bought a few of for their bondage potential. But anything load bearing means you can take the weight off your legs. Something anchored overhead but attached to a delicate part of your body would be a better bet, providing the predicament that to relieve your legs you tighten the claws on your nipples for instance.

@lj
Been there, done that. :-)
If you are lucky, you might find a webbing strap with a loop already sewn
The (online) shops that sell webbing also sell various buckles which rely on looping the webbing back over and against itself so that tension tightens the grip. Or you can make the loop in velcro strap and loop it twice round the tube and join it there so you can't pull it over the door and into reach.
The only problem comes when your door has a lever handle, as you may be able to move your body so you can lift the handle and open the door. But with some care you can restrict sideways movement. You can also set up a floor-based version to give a lower anchor.
I solved that with a bondage belt and another strap, a lightweight ratchet strap, around the door to restrict sideways movement.

Wonderful things, doors. Lots of possibilities.

But the object of my desire if I had the space - and I'm sure many would agree - is a selection of nicely finished 30mm key-clamp tubes and joints. Like Meccano for pervs. Being able to construct bondage frames with that and the world is your lobster.
Shannon SteelSlave

Like I said, this post was an idea that came to me while issuing a private dare, and it sounded interesting to him. For this user, heels are a must for every scenario, I thought I would give him too much of a good thing, the inability to change his torture, just have to go for the ride. Unable to flex the knees, move the hips, or even shift the way the foot bears the weight. Here is the best example I can offer, since my hungry-hungry hard drive ate my original idea :
Pole tied.jpg
You have a cool idea Sergio, but I still feel it is alternate to mine. Might be better in the eyes of most, but I was looking for a unique way to torture my victim.
๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘