Shock collar timeout

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
mtlsub

Shock collar timeout

Post by mtlsub »

I bought a shock collar and modified the collar to fit around a smaller part of the body :twisted:
I am using it as the punishment for my Self bondage blowjob device. Everything works exactly as I intended with one glaring exception. THE DAMN REMOTE TIMES OUT AFTER ONLY 50 SECONDS! that means all i have to do is suck well for 50 seconds and I wont get punished.

Does anyone have an idea how to keep the remote from sleeping?
I have tried having the shock button pressed faster than it can transmit in regular intervals. NO Joy
if any of the buttons are held down it wont shock.

I will probably have to get a 433hrz transmitter and just trick the receiver into thinking its the remote (if I can figure out how to do it. If you have a link to how please let me know)

Thanks
occorics

Re: Shock collar timeout

Post by occorics »

Are there other buttons you could use to keep it alive? Some have a beep button that you could trigger or use the power-level buttons to step it down and then up again immediately every 30 seconds or so...
I remember a thread at fetlife, where the remote had a tilt-sensor that woke it up. Replacing it with a simple timer IC solved the issue.
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

That seems like a ridiculously short timeout for a remote control. Even on the original application you wouldn't be using it that often. Do they really intend for you to keep turning it back on every time you need to use it? How are you controlling the remote now? Is it you manually pushing the button?

As for remote control using a microcontroller you might find this interesting: https://github.com/smouldery/shock-collar-control. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I have it bookmarked for obvious "reasons" :gag:
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Gregovic wrote:That seems like a ridiculously short timeout for a remote control.
The collars have a simple tilt switch to turn them on of moved or jolted; they're designed to be on when the dog is doing something naughty, while not using up battery while it's asleep. IME, it's a bit longer than 50 seconds - maybe five minutes, not more than that. Possibly mtlsub's is faulty?

A microcontroller and 433 MHz radio module will do the job of keeping it alive. The only real issue is that each standard controller has a hard-coded unique-ish 16 bit ID code, which the collar remembers when you "peer" it (along with the channel number) - the MCU application can use any values for ID and channel it wants, but it's hard to get the code out of the handset so you can have both talk to the same collar (e.g. one for manual control, the other for keep-alive and/or automatic robotic control). That's not a problem if your MCU can act as the handheld control as well, or if you build separate keepalive and controller units (you just use the same value(s) in both).

(The keep-alive just sends a "light" command every couple of minutes.)

A controller could use multiple IDs meaning it can address a lot more than two collars (potentially up to 131,072). Just in case you want to control a slave army...

I've got some slightly nicer code than smouldery's (although I used that to figure out what it needed to do).
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

Thanks for the replies.

I do believe mine is defective as the manual says it goes into standby after 120 seconds and I timed mine at 50. I soldered a wire to the shock button and am using an arduino connected to a light sensing resistor in a dildo to automatically shock me if I don't suck when told to. I was thinking of getting a 433 MHz universal remote and cloning the shock command from the original remote. What do you guys think?
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

Had to come back and post this link to code that was put online by Deviant Designs.

http://deviant-designs.co.uk/2019/03/29 ... ck-collar/

In the code there is a line called keep alive!!!! I also never thought about simply pairing the collar to my transmitter instead of trying to clone the remote.
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

in my understanding a shock collar consists of two parts: a) a collar with the electrodes an rf receiver and b) a remote control rf sender with several buttons.

The collar has the mentioned simple tilt switch to keep it alive as long as the wearer moves. When there is no movement during a timeout period of time, it turns off. But when a new movement is detected, it is immediatly reactivated. As long as you wear the collar fastened to whatever sensible body parts, it will definitely stay alive automatically. So in my opinion there is no keepalive sender necessary. (It might be necessary if the receiver is attached to a not moving object and the electrodes are connected to the victim via an extension cable. That use case might might be the reason for the keep-alive in the code of Deviant Designs)

The remote sender unit also has a timeout. I think this is causing the trouble here. But it has nothing to do with the collar timeout and the keepalive. When the remote control runs into timeout, it is switched off. To reactivate it, it is not sufficient to press the zap-button. It is necessary to press the 'mode' button first to reactivate it and then press the zap-button to trigger another penalty to get the victim focusing again on his job.

My recommendation is to leave the remote control aside and to replace it by an Arduino or ESP controlled little rf sender. The hardware is cheap. A setup is described here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12481 This setup gives you also the full possibilities of using sound, light, vibration and shocks in the whole range of intensity and also for more collars (up to 131,072 as mentioned already :rofl: and i think the doubled number is possible since one paired sender can control two collars :rofl: This would sum up to nearly 20tons of shock collar batteries :rofl: )
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

GeneralError wrote:in my understanding a shock collar consists of two parts: a) a collar with the electrodes an rf receiver and b) a remote control rf sender with several buttons.

The collar has the mentioned simple tilt switch to keep it alive as long as the wearer moves. When there is no movement during a timeout period of time, it turns off. But when a new movement is detected, it is immediatly reactivated. As long as you wear the collar fastened to whatever sensible body parts, it will definitely stay alive automatically. So in my opinion there is no keepalive sender necessary. (It might be necessary if the receiver is attached to a not moving object and the electrodes are connected to the victim via an extension cable. That use case might might be the reason for the keep-alive in the code of Deviant Designs)

The remote sender unit also has a timeout. I think this is causing the trouble here. But it has nothing to do with the collar timeout and the keepalive. When the remote control runs into timeout, it is switched off. To reactivate it, it is not sufficient to press the zap-button. It is necessary to press the 'mode' button first to reactivate it and then press the zap-button to trigger another penalty to get the victim focusing again on his job.

My recommendation is to leave the remote control aside and to replace it by an Arduino or ESP controlled little rf sender. The hardware is cheap. A setup is described here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12481 This setup gives you also the full possibilities of using sound, light, vibration and shocks in the whole range of intensity and also for more collars (up to 131,072 as mentioned already :rofl: and i think the doubled number is possible since one paired sender can control two collars :rofl: This would sum up to nearly 20tons of shock collar batteries :rofl: )
Afaik, many of the cheap chinese units don't actually have a tilt or vibration sensor and only stay alive because the transmitter/controller sends a "keep alive" message at certain intervals.

Other than that I agree with your post.
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
mtlsub

Post by mtlsub »

Thanks for the tips everyone. I am now using an Arduino with a transmitter to completely replace the remote. Using the code I found online I have been able to get the collar to stay awake and control it with a button. My next step is to integrate my self bondage blowjob code (posted in the software tab).

I am excited to get this project to the point where I can start cleaning up the code and build a better looking final stand alone project I can share as a thank you for all the info and ideas over the years.