Need help / Question concerning pressure in inflatable toys

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
sweh

Re: Need help / Question concerning pressure in inflatable t

Post by sweh »

GeneralError wrote: Maybe it is a less challanging approach to not use the chip from the device but instead buy some sensor like BMP180, BMP280, BME280. They costs only a few bugs (~5 Euro). I have not worked with it so far, but with its i2c interface it should be easy to connect it to an arduino.
Just this week I hooked a BME280 into a NodeMCU ESP8266 board (effectively an Arduino-like board with WiFi).

Code: Select all

BME280   ESP8266
======   =======
   VIN---3.3V
   GND---GND
   SCL---D1 (GPIO5)
   SDA---D2 (GPIO6)
Install the Adafruit_BME280_Library from the ardunio GUI. It comes with a simple test example program Adafruit_BME280_Library/examples/bme280test/bme280test.ino that will loop and report the temperature (in Celcius), the pressure (in hPa) and the humidity (%).
AssTechWarrior

Post by AssTechWarrior »

You will be operating in the 0-
One great source for very robust and low cost pressure sensors is automotive applications.

Pressure ranges vary but every sensor is package to be durable, robust, resistant to overvoltage, overpressure, chemicals and they are likely quite well calibrated compared to random chinese bare chips. Usually 5 volts powered, well filtered outputs and enough drive to use long wires. Pick one with smaller diameter hose connections, not a flat open port with gasket.

Manifold pressure sensors both differential and single ended (two or 1 hose connection) are all accurate from -14 to 6 PSI gauge or 0-20 PSI absolute (0-1.4 BAR)
Turbo car sensors probably go to 45PSI absolute (0-3 BAR). I would not want anything close to 3 BAR going into my body although operating a small hydraulic piston it might be perfect.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale- ... =price_asc

Oil pressure sensors are available for up to 150 PSI (10 BAR) but typically use threaded connectors and that is so far beyond safe for internal use.
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

I know I'm late to the game... but why use air? Distilled water is easier to measure.

Using a Peristaltic Pump and a Stepper motor. Also use a known reservoir size so it can't go big?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

pavtron wrote:I know I'm late to the game... but why use air? Distilled water is easier to measure.

Using a Peristaltic Pump and a Stepper motor. Also use a known reservoir size so it can't go big?
I've chosen air instead of water for two reasons:
- the valve I intend to use has metal components in it that are likely to corrode if exposed to water.

- if the tubing leaks water is the riskier medium combined with electronics.
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

You could go for mineral oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've had an air enema. Not good.

That being said Onwrikbaar's Bullfrog looks amazing. ;)

Do you have something working now?
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

pavtron wrote:You could go for mineral oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mineral oil has a tendency to cause quite a mess. Nothing I'll do in a rented flat.

I have tried to build my own bullfrog following Onwrikbaar's instructions on fetlife, but I must have made some mistake when building the circuit. Currently I'm too busy to fix it, but the bullfrog will basically be the result. :love:
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. (W. Blake)
occorics

Post by occorics »

Blacky wrote:
pavtron wrote:You could go for mineral oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mineral oil has a tendency to cause quite a mess. Nothing I'll do in a rented flat.
especially since the mineral oil will very likely destroy the latex (i assume it's latex, all inflatable plugs I have owned were...)
maid marta, Collared property of Domina Shelle Rivers and Lady Helena

https://twitter.com/ShellesPuppy
my blog: https://owned-by-princess-shelle.blogspot.com
my art: https://maid-marta.bdsmlr.com
pavtron

Post by pavtron »

occorics wrote:especially since the mineral oil will very likely destroy the latex (i assume it's latex, all inflatable plugs I have owned were...)
Good point.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

pavtron wrote:
occorics wrote:especially since the mineral oil will very likely destroy the latex (i assume it's latex, all inflatable plugs I have owned were...)
Good point.
Indeed!