diy metal harness - unlimited possibilities

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
Fredderf

diy metal harness - unlimited possibilities

Post by Fredderf »

i will fix up this post a bit later (add formatting and proper lists, etc), just taking a break for now

hi
just wanted to share a way of making your own customisable and perfectly fitting metal harnesses

things you need: (everything can be found in your local hardware store)
* not sure what these are called, but look at the picture http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012ZKY4O , i am just going to call it "metal strap" in this post
* generic bolts, make sure they fit just right through the holes in the metal strap, also, not too long either
* generic LOCKING nuts to fit above bolts. locking nuts have a small piece of nylon to make it impossible to turn it without tools
* generic nuts to fit the bolts
* something capable of cutting the metal strap (pliers, metal shears, tinsnips)
* spanners to fit the bolts / nuts, if your nuts and bolts need the same size spanner, then you will need 2 of them, if not, then you need one of each size used

NOTE: this next bit does not take into consideration the boobs that a female would have, im a guy so it didnt matter to me when i made it.
if you need to take it into consideration, just change it to fit your needs.
ANOTHER NOTE: this method is just an example based on one of the things i have made. i will NOT be posting images of my harness

method: (for a full body harness (excluding head, arms, legs)

1. i started off by bending a length of metal strap over one shoulder, so that the end of it is inline with your genitals on the front
roll it down your back until it is the same length as the front, and cut it off. (basically an upside down U shape going over your shoulder)
repeat for your other shoulder
you now have 2 pieces of metal strap with a bend that is moulded to your shoulders. they are the main part of this entire thing.
2. with them both over your shoulder, measure a third piece of metal strap, this time going around your chest or stomach or ribs (where ever you want it)
make this as tight or as lose as you want, if you have it tight, you will be stuck with it. make it overlap 1 hole at the front of your body and cut it after the overlap.
3. with the shoulder straps and the strap you just made line them up so that it is symmetrical and there is a hole in the shoulder strap that lines up with a hole in the other strap.
put a bolt through all 4 intersections and use a locking nut with it. it will be very hard to do up the locking nut, you will need to use spanners, but this stops it from becoming loose when you are playing with it.
4. repeat step 2-3 until you think you have enough straps.
5. to use, put a bolt through the overlap of each strap and use a non locking nut to secure it.

use locking nuts for all the connections that you will not want to become loose, and non locking nuts for the ones that you need to do up to lock it on.

the one big rule for doing this is USE YOUR IMAGINATION, almost anything you can think of is within your reach.
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: diy metal harness - unlimited possibilities

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

What I would add is grooved rubber stripping along the length of the straps fro long term comfort, and maybe, instead of making the nuts or bolts harder to turn by locking them somehow, maybe, before using, screw the nut to the bottom of the bolt, drill a few holes through the bolt, big enough for a padlock, and use the pad locks to prevent loosening the nuts off, or just padlock the straps together. This idea might work on some level with this idea viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12850
We could use your ideas and input there as well, F.
Oh, and welcome to the Developer crew, if I don't get another chance to say. :hi:
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Fredderf

Re: diy metal harness - unlimited possibilities

Post by Fredderf »

had completely forgotten about this post
i dont have this harness anymore, it was pretty good though, could make another one in the future (actually, looking at this again has given me an idea for something im currently working on)
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:What I would add is grooved rubber stripping along the length of the straps fro long term comfort
i always wore it over clothes, because sharp metal is sharp. rubber stripping would be a good solution,
some other options i previously considered were a rubberised coating of some sort, or liquid electrical tape (no idea if those could hold up to the bending), also suglu might have been a good option
Shannon SteelSlave wrote: instead of making the nuts or bolts harder to turn by locking them somehow, maybe, before using, screw the nut to the bottom of the bolt, drill a few holes through the bolt, big enough for a padlock, and use the pad locks to prevent loosening the nuts off, or just padlock the straps together.
that would be a great way to do it for v2 if it ever happens, might also weld/solder/glue the bolt to the strap, so that it doesnt turn or come out

Shannon SteelSlave wrote: This idea might work on some level with this idea viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12850
We could use your ideas and input there as well, F.
i have always loved the videos where the model has straps screwed into the ground holding everything from their ankles to their head to their fingers down to the ground, unfortunately those videos arent self bondage safe (trust me, i have tried), would be great to have a selfbondage safe thing like that scenario

i dont think metal straps would be an improvement over flexible straps/webbing, the webbing would likely be more comfortable than straps+rubber, and you would have more options with it

i will have a look and see what i can contribute,
Shannon SteelSlave wrote: Oh, and welcome to the Developer crew, if I don't get another chance to say.
thanks