Doctors orders..enforced exercise.

Ideas and instructions how you can make your own bondage toys.
bounddosster

Re: Doctors orders..enforced exercise.

Post by bounddosster »

Keyless wrote:Many years ago someone showed me how to measure the power output of a vintage engine, A rope was wound round the flywheel. There was a weight on one end of the rope. This hung below the flywheel. From there there was one turn of rope around the flywheel with the other end going straight up to an overhead fixing, but with one of those scales with a hook on each end in the rope. The rope was wound in such a direction as to lift the weight when the engine was running. Of course the weight was only raised slightly before the rope started to slip. To get the torque, you measured the difference between the weight and the scale reading and multiplied by the radius of the flywheel. Then you needed a rev counter to calculate the power. If you could fix up something like that, with an electronic scale. Maybe something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401154721667 ... Sw95lbDMXq (note, I’m not saying that one would do. You might need a different sensitivity)
If you also had a hall effect sensor or whatever to count the revolutions you could use an Arduino to calculate the total energy generated (Watt hours). When you have generated enough you get released.

A good description of the arrangement is rather difficult. I’ll draw a diagram and include more details of my proposed calculation if would like them.

Of course you need the usual emergency release etc.

P.S. Don't use man made fibre rope, it might melt!
Being an old engine nut myself I have seen what you are talking about being done, though I've never done it myself. The "one of those scales with a hook on each end" is called a spring balance. It is a very old way of measuring the power and I believe there are other methods involving spring balances, weights, and a platform balanced on a fulcrum.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

rmcingle wrote:I second the idea of using a magnet switch on the wheel to run some electronic circuit.

Bicycle odometers use a magnet and reed switch setup. Magnet gets attached to a spoke and the sensor clamped to a fork. That magnet could just as easily be glued on to the wheel.

If you wanted to use a small microcomputer, such as an Arduino, it would be easy to have the reed switch connect to one of the inputs. The CPU could count the pulses to get distance, and measure the time between pulses to get speed. It could control a relay to connect some Estim if your pace faltered, and keep an electro-magnet energized to hold the key to your release. I highly recommend a backup release!

If you are not into building electronic circuits but are into writing apps for smartphones there are bicycle odometer apps that use a wheel sensor that has a Bluetooth connection instead of wires. The wheel sensor still uses a magnet and reed switch, but it connects to a Bluetooth transmitter right at the forks. A skilled programmer would be able to use that wheel sensor to run a custom app. Then you could use WiFi apps to control other things, like the electro-magnet.

You could add rewards as well as punishments. Keeping a certain pace might turn on the TV, or start a fan blowing to keep you cool.

The app could keep track of when you used it last and add punishment if you slack off. Perhaps email your doctor if you fail to maintain a minimum level of exercise! Or send photos to the Internet.

R. Mc.
I can build electronic circuits, it was part of my job but I'm not into programming and writing apps etc. I'm more of a hardware person than a software one.

"email my doctor if I fail to maintain a minimum level of exercise" are you mad?
Nice fantasy though then the doctor could call me in for punishment. Next time I see her I'm going to have a terrible time keeping my cock from getting hard with all these thoughts running through my head. It was bad enough keeping it down as she gave me a good dressing down.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Gregovic wrote:
Shannon SteelSlave wrote:Would a colour recognition program be able to count revolutions per minute? Paint a target on the flywheel for a camera to pick up?
Theoretically yes, but you'd need a very high frame rate and a very fast processing system to make that work. Let's just say it's not a route I would choose as a mechanical engineer unless I had no other option.
No me neither. I believe in KISS engineering.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Thanks for the great response everyone certainly gives me some thinking to do. By the time I have built it, I'll be so fit I won't need to use it.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

Having said all that fancy stuff about Arduinos etc. I must admit I rather like your idea of 2 motors. The idea of watching the keys slowly descend whilst you pedal sounds nicely frustrating. If you have difficulty fixing the first motor (generator) to the bike and you can build electronic hardware, how about this. Use a reed switch magnet or whatever to give you a pulse every revolution. Use that to trigger a 555 timer to give a defined pulse length (needs to be less than a revolution at max speed). Now you have a pulse width modulated waveform with a fixed V+ time and a variable V0 time. Use a transistor to give enough current and feed the result to your key drop motor. It would probably work with an ordinary small motor, but better to do it properly with a stepper motor. I don’t know much about stepper motors but I think you need a second transistor to generate a second waveform that is the inverse of the first.

Afterthought - apparently stepper motors rotate freely or almost freely with no power (unless they are fitted with a system to prevent it), so it might be possible to add a weight to the keys so that they will fall if the power to your system goes down. I think the motor will generate some voltage on the input wires if turned by an external force. That might damage your drive circuits, so maybe you need to think about that.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Keyless wrote:Having said all that fancy stuff about Arduinos etc. I must admit I rather like your idea of 2 motors. The idea of watching the keys slowly descend whilst you pedal sounds nicely frustrating. If you have difficulty fixing the first motor (generator) to the bike and you can build electronic hardware, how about this. Use a reed switch magnet or whatever to give you a pulse every revolution. Use that to trigger a 555 timer to give a defined pulse length (needs to be less than a revolution at max speed). Now you have a pulse width modulated waveform with a fixed V+ time and a variable V0 time. Use a transistor to give enough current and feed the result to your key drop motor. It would probably work with an ordinary small motor, but better to do it properly with a stepper motor. I don’t know much about stepper motors but I think you need a second transistor to generate a second waveform that is the inverse of the first.

Afterthought - apparently stepper motors rotate freely or almost freely with no power (unless they are fitted with a system to prevent it), so it might be possible to add a weight to the keys so that they will fall if the power to your system goes down. I think the motor will generate some voltage on the input wires if turned by an external force. That might damage your drive circuits, so maybe you need to think about that.
the ever useful 555 timer Cct. :) . I like the idea of a stepper motor, I think I have one in my "it'll be useful one day" shed. It started as a box but over the years has escalated.
I like the idea of seeing the key slowly descending so I'm going to incorporate that into my design.
Thanks for that Keyless.
Keyless

Post by Keyless »

A couple of extra thoughts. Maybe you should have some arrangement so that once you can reach the key you can pull some slack. Otherwise you might be tempted to tug the string too hard, break it and drop the key! Maybe you will just be able to turn the drum it is wound round, otherwise maybe a piece of elastic bridged by a piece of loose string for safety,

If you mount the motor at a decent height I guess you can alter the duration of your sessions by winding more or less string onto the motor drum so the key starts higher or lower. If you wanted to increase the range you could incorporate an additional circuit you could switch in to pulse the motor on alternate revolutions.

I once did a scenario with a string coming from above, past my face. See last post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1150&start=30 . I found I could grab the string with my mouth. In my case I used a gag to prevent that, but I don't think that would be a good idea for your scenario with exercise. Maybe your setup won't let you do that anyway. If it does I'm afraid I can't think of a solution at present but it does need some thought. It would be a shame to put a lot of effort into fixing this up only to find you can cheat.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Keyless wrote:A couple of extra thoughts. Maybe you should have some arrangement so that once you can reach the key you can pull some slack. Otherwise you might be tempted to tug the string too hard, break it and drop the key! Maybe you will just be able to turn the drum it is wound round, otherwise maybe a piece of elastic bridged by a piece of loose string for safety,

If you mount the motor at a decent height I guess you can alter the duration of your sessions by winding more or less string onto the motor drum so the key starts higher or lower. If you wanted to increase the range you could incorporate an additional circuit you could switch in to pulse the motor on alternate revolutions.

I once did a scenario with a string coming from above, past my face. See last post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1150&start=30 . I found I could grab the string with my mouth. In my case I used a gag to prevent that, but I don't think that would be a good idea for your scenario with exercise. Maybe your setup won't let you do that anyway. If it does I'm afraid I can't think of a solution at present but it does need some thought. It would be a shame to put a lot of effort into fixing this up only to find you can cheat.
"Cheat" me I wouldn't dare, he says with crossed fingers, legs and anything else that will cross :(

I know exactly what you mean Keyless about a lot of work for nothing, done that a few times.
As regards vdrpping the key, have you been watching the video link I put up. Hahaha. I use a retractable key chain gizmo. It's not chain just a strong cord that you attach your keys to and you can pull them about 80cm away from the body of the gizmo. If the keys fall they simple get pulled back to the gizmo and you start again.
This gizmos (I'll remember the name soon) can also be used to add tention to nipple clips etc.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Motor driver circuits exist for stepper motors. This makes programming the motor on an Arduino a lot easier.
GeneralError

Post by GeneralError »

As a more software oriented person I would recommend to use a heart rate monitor (cheap chest belt with bluetooth hrm) and a smartphone. An app could read the hrm sensor values and the release could depend on parameters like 1 hour endurance training with a minimum of 65% max heart rate. The release could be implemented by using the established method "hide picture of combination lock". Heart rate monitoring is a very accurate measurement for the training intensity. And it does not depend on the training type or some exercising machine.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

I almost thought I'd cracked this using things from my "it will come in handy one day box". I found two motors of equal spec. and got one generating enough energy to turn the other but it was of course a ratio of 1:1 so the motor that would lower the key turns too fast.
Next thing was to gear it down, I managed to slow it by putting it through a modified old power screwdriver gearbox but it was still not slow enough to drop the key correctly. I'm all out of gears now without making something.
Now I think I might take the electronic route and use a sensor monitoring the flywheel and counting the revolutions, then have it release the key when a certain distance, calculated by revolutions is completed. Just got to find the time to create a circuit.

I had a weigh-in at the doctor's surgery on Monday. The nurse doing my tests said "Right, it's been a month since your last weight check, let's see how you're doing, on the scales please." I stand on the scales, I was thinking, I know I've lost 5lb so she will be happy. She reads the display "you've only lost 5lb, you had a whole month I was expecting more weight loss than that." :( . She was not happy with me.

Just before leaving, she says" I want to see you lose more weight before next month, 5lb was not much". I humbly agreed to do better next time and she says implies I'm done with and should leave. Trouble was all this being told off had had an effect on me and I had to engage her in trivial chat before I dare stand up and leave.
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:Now I think I might take the electronic route and use a sensor monitoring the flywheel and counting the revolutions, then have it release the key when a certain distance, calculated by revolutions is completed. Just got to find the time to create a circuit.
Easy to do with Arduino: if the sensor measures 1000 rotations of the flywheel, then the steppermotor should move 1° forward. So you have to make 360000 revolutions before the servomotor makes one revolution and lowers the key a distance of 2 * pi * R.
Last edited by kinbaku on 26 Aug 2021, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

kinbaku wrote:
bounddosster wrote:Now I think I might take the electronic route and use a sensor monitoring the flywheel and counting the revolutions, then have it release the key when a certain distance, calculated by revolutions is completed. Just got to find the time to create a circuit.
Easy to do with Arduino: if the sensor measures 1000 rotations of the flywheel, then the servomotor should move 1° forward. So you have to make 360000 revolutions before the servomotor makes one revolution and lowers the key a distance of 2 * pi * R.
I've never done anything with Arduino before but it looks like a good shortcut, it might save me having to think so much :) .
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

I'm getting into Arduino. Go to the Development board and check out Riddle's project.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

bounddosster wrote:I've never done anything with Arduino before but it looks like a good shortcut, it might save me having to think so much :) .
I can help you with the code if you need it.