Chinese Violet wands are not that powerful.. or so I thought

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
KinkInSpace

Chinese Violet wands are not that powerful.. or so I thought

Post by KinkInSpace »

I've seen those videos online where a slave is being trained using a violet wand, and that reaction alone is really good, so I wanted one.

I found a cheap unit on AliExpress and read a few reviews and thought, how bad can it be? Its electricity right? It will always give a shock right?

So when I got the unit, I powered it on at a low setting and was afraid to even touch my skin with it. I have the orange version. I heard it buzz when I touch the skin, and was still afraid to move it as I did feel it was doing something, but I did not get a shock. A few more lifts and put it back, but not really a shock. I increased the power and tried a few more times until I had it at the max setting and still did not get that shock.

Holding the wand close to the skin may indeed shoot some electricity from the wand into the skin, but even if I try to continuously zap my nipple with it, I can't get any burnmarks even if I wanted to. I was let down and the device went to storage for a long while.

At some point, I got interested in it again, and did some more research. I learned that the unit I have is actually used to treat skin conditions. I have severe psoriasis, so I decided to give that a go, and it does indeed really help there, so my unit no longer is a waste product. I also learned that there are different coloured electrodes. Orange is mostly to stimulate bloodflow under the skin, where the purple one is to sterilize the skin. The purple one would therefor be better suited for psoriasis. So I bought a set of purple ones too. Still same effect, not suitable for BDSM, but does work well for skin healing.

Newer electrodes were made and sold that are blue, which basically combine the purple and orange one. I got some of those but can't say they work better as they claim. For now I use the purple one most of the time.

But I have been dreaming of getting an actual BDSM violet wand. So I did some more research and found the NEON wand from Kinklab. I got interested in it but did notice it looked like my unit and many sites claim that these are not strong enough. Its far more expensive than what you pay on aliexpress so I did some more research. Short answer, its just the same device as I have, but with a brand attached to it.

However, that search did lead me to something really interesting. A website called DV8 Trade, a company claiming to make powerful electrodes not made of glass and gas that will produce much more powerful output but can work on any Violet Wand, as long as you choose the right size.

Intrigued, I did some more research, and most people gave positive reviews about this really being a good addition for violet wand play. I looked at their website and saw that some of the electrodes are not too expensive. I decided to buy the Devils hair as its description seemed to be suitable. Although I now realize this was a mistake, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

First of all, dang, this is powerfull stuff. On a really low setting, the wand just can't create enough current on the wires to do much, so you don't feel anything and then once it built up, It'll zap and then nothing again. But if you increase it just a bit more, you get very strong continuous zap. It is a force to be reckoned with for sure. It has a bit of a feeling when you use one of those electrified fly swatters and hit yourself with it.

But you can increase it more to higher settings. Now, truth to be told, I am really scared of this thing, and have not even dared to go a higher setting yet. That is also a bit because of the electrode I bought. The devils hair, is a great one, but it is not really useful in solo play. The hairs move freely and as a result, I zapped the hand holding the wand both times I tried to zap my body with it.

Now, its not a shock that you want to let go, but it is strong enough that all your alarms go off and you tell yourself: oh this is bad, I need to be careful. Yes, fear is a powerful thing in this case.

The best part of this experience, however, is the contact with the seller itself. After I placed the order (they don't ship to every country due to COVID restrictions btw), I got an email where he explained how glad he was with my purchase, and that every electrode comes with a lifetime warrantee etc. He's very helpful and helped me choose a better electrode for solo play. He did mention that he can't really design the electrodes to be weaker though, so it is a step I have to overcome.

I suggested a few electrodes to be used as a beginner and he gave me some useful information to help me decide. I've now ordered the Copper Nerve Brush. I was thinking of the noose or maybe the ball one, as they are rigid, but the copper nerve brush, although flexible, its not affected by gravity so it should be a good one to begin with.

The last order took only 12 days from shipping to arrive in my mailbox, and he sent it out 2 days after I placed the order. So hopefully I get my next one in 14 days again. :)

For those interested in playing with a violet wand, but don't want an expensive device, this is really good stuff. On the max setting, you can definitely get some branding done with the right electrode, aka have sparks fly off the electrode. For now I'll concentrate on the full contact ones. Seems more like a beginners setting.

Wish me luck. :)
- KinkInSpace
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.
kinbaku

Re: Chinese Violet wands are not that powerful.. or so I tho

Post by kinbaku »

KinkInSpace wrote:Wish me luck. :)
- KinkInSpace
Good luck with your buy. :hi:
The "DV8 Trade" site also has a detailed explanation of the Violet wand. Unfortunately, there is no delivery to Belgium for the time being, in case I suddenly feel like it. :mrgreen: :rofl:
KinkInSpace

Re: Chinese Violet wands are not that powerful.. or so I tho

Post by KinkInSpace »

Yeah, saw that... Maybe you can open a PO Box in the Netherlands and let it ship to there. Otherwise you'll have to wait until they ship worldwide again.

I have a feeling the whole covid thing is getting less and less of a thing, so maybe restrictions will lift too. Who knows.
Formally known as Slave_L.
I'm not yet very comfortable expressing my love for kink from my private life. I will therefor hide behind my username KinkInSpace and not allow any connections to who I really am. I'm sure you'll understand.