electrical failure near miss!

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
arc

electrical failure near miss!

Post by arc »

Another tale for the caution of others...

I'd set up a maypole in the basement, just a length of allthread clamped to the ceiling beams. I'd had to do laps of it with some difficulty (hobbles, etc...) maybe 50 or so, it took quite some time and I was tired and suffering (like, that was the point of it all...) the keys had been hanging on a nail on the far wall of the basement room which I'd gone and used to get loose after the maypole release worked...
Then in the middle of getting dressed, poof! the lights all went out plunging the room into total blackness!

I had a few minutes fumbling around to find my jeans, which had an LED head torch in the pocket.

I'd had the lights on, and a lamp coming from a separate breaker, this didn't help when a neighbor was doing home improvements and hit an underground AC cable! I'd meant to hang the torch up on low as a completely independent backup too, but I'd got excited and forgot!

I don't think I'd have died if the timing was different and the lights had gone out earlier in the scene, but it would have made it really really difficult to navigate across all the random crap strewn around my basement to get to the keys, with risk of falling over while tied et cetera!

Always read peoples warnings of "yeah what if there's a power cut" and thought "well damn, what are the chances" ... as it turns out.... Murphy is an unforgiving and not very fulfilling mistress!
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: electrical failure near miss!

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

If your scenario does not call for darkness, (ie a time one can not read the dials on a combination lock, then I would say it helps to have sunlight as your main light source. Only Mr. Burns can defeat that one. In a basement, that can be tricky. They do make light that when plugged into a mains outlet, will charge their batteries, and when pulled from the outlet, or if the power is cut to that outlet, they automatically illuminate. Maybe that would be a good back up?
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Welcome arc.
Thanks for your stories that are important to new and not so new readers.
Because I usually do my bondage in the evening or at night - least bothered by calling visitors - I have lamps with a dynamo and 3 separate LEDs such as this one. It has a lever that rotates to charge the battery.
I always have this near me, even if it is not dark. You can always hurt yourself or the key gets lost (falls from your hands and under a cupboard) and then a lamp that always works is practical. It has now become a standard backup equipment of mine.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

You'll also notice that in most, if not all drawings rendered on the main site, have a string tied to the key.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:You'll also notice that in most, if not all drawings rendered on the main site, have a string tied to the key.
Yes, I always do, but it has happened to me the past year (after tying so many knots) that the knot with which the key was attached came loose, fell on the ground and unattainable. Fortunately I then had a spare key attached to my wrist which I then slowly pulled towards me with excitement because this was my only rescue to free me.
That is why I now fasten the ropes on which the keys hang with at least 3 fixed knots.
You are never too old to learn.
arc

Post by arc »

kinbaku wrote:Welcome arc.
Thanks for your stories that are important to new and not so new readers.
Because I usually do my bondage in the evening or at night - least bothered by calling visitors - I have lamps with a dynamo and 3 separate LEDs such as this one. It has a lever that rotates to charge the battery.
I always have this near me, even if it is not dark. You can always hurt yourself or the key gets lost (falls from your hands and under a cupboard) and then a lamp that always works is practical. It has now become a standard backup equipment of mine.
What's worse is I used to be an electrician, it's not like I am short of options or ability!
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

arc wrote:What's worse is I used to be an electrician, it's not like I am short of options or ability!
Don't be ashamed.
My first job was as an electrician, but I still make mistakes because I overlook things. :oops: :facepalm:
Making mistakes is human, as long as you learn from them not to do them any more.