Would Have Been a Disaster

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
xt

Would Have Been a Disaster

Post by xt »

I suppose this could instead have gone in the "Safety" section, at least as it regards preparing for even the most unexpected thing(s) that you can imagine! Some of you may guess the near-disaster ahead of time, but here goes anyway...

Moved into a new home, in a new city. Have been here maybe two weeks, and the SO goes out of town on bidness for about a week. Time to give the place a thorough scoping for SB potential, n'est-ce pas? (Our old place had a basement with exposed steel beams in the ceiling, which as one can imagine came in very handy on multiple play sessions, both self- and two-party.)

Garage looks to be best bet (no basement), as the door opener hardware is clearly bolted into a beam behind the plasterboard (?) ceiling. Last night I think it through, set up a scenario, test the releases, and OK it. I then run a 60-ish minute, fairly basic standing SB session, facing the garage door with hands cuffed behind, ball gag & blindfold harness clipped taut to a cable to the ceiling, 5" heels cuffed together and to a ring in a wooden board small enough to pack away, but large enough to stand on. (Can't move anywhere when your weight is upon the board!) JailBird is tied to the garage door with very little slack; overall, not much room to slouch, not much room to move the hips backward, not much room to shift weight. Electronic timer drops release mechanism as planned, all is fine aside from tired feet from being "out of practice"... ;-)

All that was last night, say between 9 and 10 PM (earlier start for set-up, etc.)

This afternoon, I was outside putting dusk-to-dawn timers on the lights outside the garage doors. Someone is driving down the street towards the house; turns out it's the neighbor (whom I haven't yet met) from across the street and one house over. As she is right in front of my house I see her reach up and, I assume, press the opener for her garage door. I say "I assume" because at the same moment her garage door begins to open...

(Scroll down for the big reveal -- Ed.)

...AND SO DOES MINE !!!

Ahem. Remote has the same frequency!

Can you just imagine if that had happened, say, one night earlier, and three hours later?

On display, in full SB mode, in an illuminated garage for anyone to see, until I could (blindfolded) assess what was happening, pull the safety, ruin an important article of clothing, and get freed in order to close the door again. PLENTY of time, if anyone happened to look, even if only the neighbor.

WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD, indeed!
Shannon SteelSlave

Re: Would Have Been a Disaster

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Good to meet you, XT, from one new home owner to another. I am glad to see you have your priorities straight, better than I. Good cautionary tale.......But isn't it kind of exciting, thinking of what could have happened? Even if a risk you didn't really sign up for? Don't get me wrong, I am glad luck was on your side.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

I hope by now you have changed the frequency on your door opener?!
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Giles English

Post by Giles English »

Wow.
I think I may have to borrow the door opener part of that story.
xt

Post by xt »

Giles, borrow away! Advising to unplug your garage door opener first...

CDiB, one would think, right? Alas, it's an older unit, and it doesn't look like the frequency can be changed (unless I'm missing something). I hope there's a way, otherwise I suppose I may need to buy a whole new unit. Not necessarily, y'know, for SB security, but just to be able to *use* the darned thing; the worry would be that the door gets opened unintentionally and w/o anyone's knowledge, and then it's sitting there open until we notice it or someone gets home. Whereas leaving it unplugged means... well... it means I don't *have* a garage door opener, do I? >:-(

ShStSl: *very* exciting, after the fact of course. Would NOT have been the way to be "introduced" to the new neighbors, that's fer sure.
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Don't know how old your unit may be, but if I recall, when I installed new doors and openers in my garage, at least 20 years ago, (probably more) there were some DIP switches in both the remotes and the receivers for setting frequency. I think the trick was to set both sets the same, but it's been way too many years, and I now live on the other side of the country, so I can't check. I think they would have to be actual antiques not to have some method of freq. control. You may be able to find a manual online if you can find the model numbers.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Most garage door openers use a fixed frequency. The receiver and transmitter both have a "code" set that has to match. This can be either with dip switches or by connecting or disconnecting sets of solderpads. The manual for the garage door opener probably has instructions (if the model number is on it, you can maybe find it online)
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

A few schools of thought, without knowing the generation of technology you have. Wicked old ones might use crystals. But I think more likely, the "code" is a hunting style, that is, it revolves a number of codes, using a different one each time. If every time you change the batteries, you have to synchronize the remote to the door antenna, it is likely this your type.
The solution, might be to add a keypad, if it can be done.

https://www.ontrackgaragedoorservice.co ... or-keypad/
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
👠👠
Gregovic

Post by Gregovic »

Shannon SteelSlave wrote:A few schools of thought, without knowing the generation of technology you have. Wicked old ones might use crystals. But I think more likely, the "code" is a hunting style, that is, it revolves a number of codes, using a different one each time. If every time you change the batteries, you have to synchronize the remote to the door antenna, it is likely this your type.
The solution, might be to add a keypad, if it can be done.

https://www.ontrackgaragedoorservice.co ... or-keypad/
if it was a rolling code transmitter receiver system, it shouldn't react to the neighbours remote control normally. The fact that it does means it's either a very old fixed frequency system or a fixed code system that nobody bothered changing the code on. (The Wikipedia article on garage door openers actually has a decent explanation on the matter).
How may I serve you? *Curtsey*
Shannon SteelSlave

Gregovic wrote: if it was a rolling code transmitter receiver system, it shouldn't react to the neighbours remote control normally. The fact that it does means it's either a very old fixed frequency system or a fixed code system that nobody bothered changing the code on.
Well, you know how it is. Winged that "fact" from the top of my head. I think the key pad might be the way to go, if it can be done. And make sure it has a hard "off" switch to make it inoperable whilst playing.
👠👠
Shannon SteelSlave

Gregovic wrote: if it was a rolling code transmitter receiver system, it shouldn't react to the neighbours remote control normally. The fact that it does means it's either a very old fixed frequency system or a fixed code system that nobody bothered changing the code on.
Well, you know how it is. Winged that "fact" from the top of my head. I think the key pad might be the way to go, if it can be done. And make sure it has a hard "off" switch to make it inoperable whilst playing.
👠👠
xt

Post by xt »

Thanking all you Problem-Solvers out there! Random observations regarding some of the suggestions:

- There *are* dip switches on the control unit, so I will see if I can download a manual and learn if the "code" can be changed.

- I don't know if there'd be a way to know if it's a "rolling code" without being present to observe each time that the neighbor presses the button. Meaning, whether it happens every time or some of the time... or if it even simply has to do with proximity, because in this case she was right in front of our house when she pressed it. Mebbe she comes from the other direction, it doesn't happen. Or mebbe she presses it ten feet later (i.e. past the house), it doesn't happen. Tough to determine, it would seem.

- Keypad should work but then I'm still getting out of the car, or more annoyingly, off the motorcycle, to gain entrance.

Carry on and thanks again!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Have you tried to open your neighbours door with your remote ?
[
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Keypads don't replace the remote, they supplement it. Allows you to have a "push button" outside to open the door when you are not in your vehicle, and the man door is locked. Not sure they will allow lockout of the remote though. Easy way to make sure it can't be opened with a remote is to pull the manual release (that cord dangling from the linkage). Of course, you have to then make sure the door is locked closed or it can be opened just by lifting with the handle. And when you are done , you need to reconnect the manual release. Changing the code is the best way.
xt

Post by xt »

Pony -- I did try to test if my remote would operate the neighbor's door, but it did not appear to. It occurs to me that I should try it again, from immediately in front of the other house. (Secretly, while driving by of course!)

CDiB -- right, a keypad probably wouldn't lock out a remote, but what I meant was that needing to use a keypad *instead of* a remote would mean getting in and out (or on and off) the vehicle in order to gain access. Just like simply unplugging it, this defeats the purpose of having the thing! Haven't searched on-line for a manual yet, for possibly changing the code.

Now, with the security release pulled, the door does not open when the mechanism runs. One could have a handy fixing point for a crotch rope or a line tied off to a chastity device, "encouraging" the user to follow along to prevent the line from becoming taut! OTOH it would only be for a short trip, would not be continuous (just back and forth), and would add to the number of cycles that the mechanism ran. A treadmill would be better.