Would Have Been a Disaster

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
cdinbonds

Re: Would Have Been a Disaster

Post by cdinbonds »

I encourage people to have manuals for all their gadgets, but I think you can solve your problem without one. If you compare the DIP switches in the remote to the ones on the opener, I think you will find they are set in the same positions. All you will need to do is change one of the switches in each unit to the opposite of where it is now, and you will have changed the code.

What I would do is make a diagram of the switch positions as they are now, verify that the units match, and then change ONE of the switches in the remote. Then push the button. Nothing should happen, which will indicate that the remote and the opener are not matched. Assuming this is the case, change the same switch in the opener, and retest. The opener should work as normal again, and you are done. If not, reset to the original setting, and try a different set of switches. Eventually you will find a setting that is different from the starting point, but works.

Unless, of course, the other homeowner had just had a new opener installed, and didn't know they had the same code as you until they drove by and noticed your door opening when they hit their remote, then went and changed their remote as above and you now both have the same code again! (Not likely.)
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.