Nearly Stuck

Tell us about your latest, greatest, best, worst or simply funniest bondage/selfbondage/chastity/CD experience. Only true stories please!
MadMike

Nearly Stuck

Post by MadMike »

Hello :hi:

So this happened last night, & lucky not during a more intense scenario. I was in the middle of planning out another session, & got caught up in my imagination. So I had to have a quick play around, before going to bed.

I was laying naked on my bed facedown spread eagle. With the only toys being; a butt plug & ball gag. I had used two separate leg cuffs to secure my legs to the bottom bedposts. The ball gag would be locked on with a timer padlock, & the key to leg cuffs was linked to this lock. My left hand was tied to the top bedpost via a leather cuff, paracord & carabiner clip. My right hand was bound similarly, but; replacing the carabiner clip with a timer padlock, which was daisy chained to a special padlock that was then linked to the wrist cuff.

My backup was a key tied to the paracord on my right side, via another bit paracord. What makes the padlock special, is that it uses a handcuff key to open. So the back up key wont just unlock the padlock on the cuff, but the leg cuffs too if needed.

I checked that the timers where both set for 10 minutes. I then put the timer padlock on the gag, but it wouldn't clip closed. After a bit of fidgeting with it, it finally clipped in. I pressed the locking butting, & 5 seconds later it locked, locking the gag on. Thinking no more about it, I clipped my left cuff to the bedpost, & then double checked the time on the timer before locking my right cuff to the other bedpost, thus completing the spread eagle.

All went well, & after 10 minutes the timer on the wrist cuff unlocked. I undone my hands, & went to remove the timer lock on the gag. However the release button was stuck!

This quickly caused a small panic, but just as quickly claimed down again. I used the back up key to remove the leg cuffs, so I could move around, & picked up my phone. I used its camera to take a picture of the timer, to see how long was left on it, expecting only a couple more minutes. Well, the timer did have a little bit of time left.... 87hours & 59minutes to be exact :shock:

I didn't know what to do, but being gagged for 80+ hours wasn't an option. So it was either;
1. Cut the lock/cable.
2. Cut the strap of the gag.

After a bit of thinking, I cut the strap. The deciding reason being; I can replace the strap fairly easily, & its cheaper than a replacement lock. Plus I don't know why it failed. No point destroying a good lock if it might have been my fault. After all; where I was fidgeting with it, I might have unknowingly pressed the hour button. And if the hour button is a little sensitive, then even just brushing against it could have added the hours quickly, especially if my fingers position held the hour button down. Perhaps the key was the issue, perhaps something had slightly magnetized the key causing it to effect the timer. Or, maybe its just something to do with the metal being close to the timer effecting it. I just don't know, but; that's all speculation at this point.

Once the timer has opened, I intend to test it out & try to recreate it. Minus it locking something on me. In the mean time, my other timer locks are all getting shelved, & are all going through a number of test runs before any more use. So all plans for me are on hold :roll:

As mention above. Its just lucky it wasn't during a more intense set up.
My last set up for example; I might have been stuck in chastity, while gagged, with my hands locked behind my back, & my legs tied/held held in the air, all while a fucking machine does its job. - Have taken to writing out my sessions after finishing them, keeping a self bondage dairy I guess. So might post the full session later. -
ponylady

Re: Nearly Stuck

Post by ponylady »

Oh my, you got trolled by the bondage timer Kobold. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

ponylady wrote:Oh my, you got trolled by the bondage timer Kobold. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Might be something to that :lol:

Had a issue with with the batteries in my kitchen safe the other day. Only had 5 minutes left when they died, & while I was looking at it! Then replacing them, resets the countdown back to 30minutes :facepalm:

Should I wait to see what else the kinky shite does, or should I give the Ghostbusters a call now ? :rofl:
mrborsecr

Post by mrborsecr »

Hah ! It's best still that it was your gag and not your wrist restraint. Always make sure to have realiable backups :wink: . Out of curiosity, what kind of gag was it ? If it was a ball gag, couldn't have you just pushed it below your neck after your hands were free ?
MadMike

Post by MadMike »

mrborsecr wrote:Hah ! It's best still that it was your gag and not your wrist restraint. Always make sure to have realiable backups :wink: . Out of curiosity, what kind of gag was it ? If it was a ball gag, couldn't have you just pushed it below your neck after your hands were free ?
Luckily the kitchen safe only had my phone in it at the time, got a bit of an addiction to it.

As for the timer on the gag.
That was the first time I've ever had one fail, they've always been reliable. But, point taken. I need to think of adding more/better backups just encase. The gag was a simple 48mm ball gag. I did try to remove it with my hands, but think through a combination of the size, tightness, & maybe lack of effort. I couldn't remove it. Even if I did remove it though, it would have still been lock around my neck. Suppose I could of wore it around my neck until timer run out, but; given the heat wave, hiding it would have been...challenging :oops: .

At least if it was cold out, a scarf could have hidden it.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

The newer timer padlocks with the solid shackle can be started before closing the shackle, so there's no danger of accidentally adding time. They also have an override function so to prevent cheating I've 3D printed a sleeve that covers the hours and minutes buttons and is locked in place when the shackle is closed. In fact I've made two variations, one with the whole display visible and one with only the seconds visible, so you can tell that it's running but not how much time remains.
ruru67

Post by ruru67 »

Heh, a while ago I was playing (just fiddling around really) with a timer lock and gag - I set it for half an hour or something, and then while closing it somehow bumped the hour button, and had the same "why hasn't it opened?" experience. Since it was only an extra hour, I just waited it out, but it was a reminder that muffing the timer setting is easy to do and you need to be careful.

That said, to get to 88 hours would have meant leaning on the hour button for quite a while. I wonder if your lock has a dodgy hour button or some other fault. The build quality is, uh, what you would expect for the price. I'd test the thing extensively before trusting it again.

As Sergio notes, the newer locks do let you start the timer before locking them, however they also have thicker shackles which may not fit into locking buckles - the cable style ones are about 4mm, the newer ones 5mm, and I've already drilled out a few locking tongues to make a 4mm shackle fit. The newer ones also have at least two ways to get them open that don't involve destroying the lock and may not even require tools.

But I wouldn't have used a timer lock for the gag - just regular small keyed padlock with the key out of reach, since it doesn't need to come off until you're free of the other restraints. I'd only use timer locks for the "primary" release (and then preferably two in a configuration that only one needs to release, in case of problems). You can't mess up the timer on a keyed lock!
Jadit

Post by Jadit »

You can also put key in small coin safe box and timelock the key to the box. At least my safe has a metal handle on top, to which i can lock things.

But that's hardcore without backup so better option is to make a small rope with just a loop and a knot. When box is open, slid the loop out from the coin hole and timelock the box key to it from outside. So you can't pull the rope out, only you can cut if it becomes necessary. Alternatively use something more valuable than easily disposable rope as the loop.
Any ring like object works if you put padlock to it inside the box, it won't fit through the coin hole.