Curious

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
Princess

Curious

Post by Princess »

So to be honest, the idea of any kind of bondage both terrified, and excites me. I’m not sure which emotion is strongest lol. I stumbled across this site by accident and could. not. tear. myself. away. I am the kind of person that doesn’t even like being held too tight URL, so I don’t know what appeals to me about this, but something definitely does. I’d be interested to hear others experiences, especially if you identify with any of these emotions. I’m also interested in how to kind of dip my toes into self bondage to see if I like it.
bound_jenny

Re: Curious

Post by bound_jenny »

Welcome to the forum! :whip:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Welcome to Bound Anna, Princess
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Welcome. I think you'll find the answer to how and why we like what we do dotted all over the forum my first experiences are here:
Bondage: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116&p=64939&hilit=h ... age#p64939
Self Bondage: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116&p=64939&hilit=h ... age#p64948

If you think find self-bondage interesting the only way your really going to know is to try it. But before you jump in the deep end have a good read through this forum especially about safety. There are different ways to enjoy bondage some you might like some you won't see what excites you and then start gently. For instances, if you might like total restraint try wrapping yourself into a sheet by rolling over and over until you're trapped tight in the sheet, or if you prefer more movable restraint tie your legs slightly apart with a robe string to see who it feels but make sure you only use light knots that won't pull tight on you. Make sure you have an easy escape to start with then learn as you go along. Of course, you can always ask us here about anything, we are a friendly experienced bunch here open-minded, just about unshockable and not judgemental. Always better to be safe than sorry.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Princess

Post by Princess »

Thanks everyone!
I really want to try something where it’s a bit out of my control. Like where I’m forced to stay restrained (just for a super short time). I think it wouldn’t feel the same if I could just slip out. Does that seem too ambitious to start? I’ve read a lot on here (and all the safety stuff is important for sure, that’s actually what’s most appealing and most scary to me!). I’m just trying to think of something simple and short, and safe, to start with
JIMDINI

Post by JIMDINI »

Welcome to the forum.
Never confuse your ambitions with your abilities. If you can't free yourself, who will?
When your helpless, you have no choice but to wait.
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

bounddosster wrote:Welcome. I think you'll find the answer to how and why we like what we do dotted all over the forum my first experiences are here:
Bondage: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116&p=64939&hilit=h ... age#p64939
Self Bondage: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=116&p=64939&hilit=h ... age#p64948

If you think find self-bondage interesting the only way your really going to know is to try it. But before you jump in the deep end have a good read through this forum especially about safety. There are different ways to enjoy bondage some you might like some you won't see what excites you and then start gently. For instances, if you might like total restraint try wrapping yourself into a sheet by rolling over and over until you're trapped tight in the sheet, or if you prefer more movable restraint tie your legs slightly apart with a robe string to see who it feels but make sure you only use light knots that won't pull tight on you. Make sure you have an easy escape to start with then learn as you go along. Of course, you can always ask us here about anything, we are a friendly experienced bunch here open-minded, just about unshockable and not judgemental. Always better to be safe than sorry.
Yeah, what Dosster said. I would have had more to say, but I was dealing with something just then. And Dosster covered more than I probably would have.
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Welcome to the forum Princess.
Princess wrote:Thanks everyone!
I really want to try something where it’s a bit out of my control. Like where I’m forced to stay restrained (just for a super short time). I think it wouldn’t feel the same if I could just slip out. Does that seem too ambitious to start? I’ve read a lot on here (and all the safety stuff is important for sure, that’s actually what’s most appealing and most scary to me!). I’m just trying to think of something simple and short, and safe, to start with
What budget do you have? What equipment do you already own? In what country do you live? The US has different options than the EU.

I would start with 8mm (3/8”) braided nylon rope, a 10M or 50’ section should be fine to start. The rope should be soft and smooth. Also get something to safely cut the rope and a lighter or torch to seal the cut ends. Please report back when you have the items and we will give further guidance.
Resident timer maker. :hi:
Let’s make timers together!
Princess

Post by Princess »

Riddle wrote:Welcome to the forum Princess.
Princess wrote:Thanks everyone!
What budget do you have? What equipment do you already own? In what country do you live? The US has different options than the EU.

I would start with 8mm (3/8”) braided nylon rope, a 10M or 50’ section should be fine to start. The rope should be soft and smooth. Also get something to safely cut the rope and a lighter or torch to seal the cut ends. Please report back when you have the items and we will give further guidance.
I live in Canada and budget isn’t a concern, within reason and I have a large variety of common household and outdoors items on hand including what you described. Would a hunting knife work?
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

Riddle wrote:
Princess wrote:I really want to try something where it’s a bit out of my control. Like where I’m forced to stay restrained (just for a super short time). I think it wouldn’t feel the same if I could just slip out. Does that seem too ambitious to start? I’ve read a lot on here (and all the safety stuff is important for sure, that’s actually what’s most appealing and most scary to me!). I’m just trying to think of something simple and short, and safe, to start with
Welcome Princess.

Just to start with for having the feeling of bondage. Later we can help you on the BoundAnna's other posts.
Tie your ankles by simply winding the rope around your ankles. Make sure that 2 fingers can still be inserted between your ankles and rope.
Then tie the ends with a loose square knot.

If you want to stay in bondage a little longer afterwards, you can tie a second square knot on top of that square knot. And so on to, for example, 10 square knots.
You can always free yourself by using the scissors or by the obligation to untie the rope knots one by one if you do not want to damage your rope.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

[quote="kinbaku]Just to start with for having the feeling of bondage. Later we can help you on the BoundAnna's other posts.
Tie your ankles by simply winding the rope around your ankles. Make sure that 2 fingers can still be inserted between your ankles and rope.
Then tie the ends with a loose square knot.

If you want to stay in bondage a little longer afterwards, you can tie a second square knot on top of that square knot. And so on to, for example, 10 square knots.
You can always free yourself by using the scissors or by the obligation to untie the rope knots one by one if you do not want to damage your rope.[/quote]

Good point kinbaku, I forgot the two-finger rule, most important.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

YES! I totally relate. I also cannot stand being confined in real life unless I am able to easily and instantly release. But at the same time I love being restrained. Unlike most here I don't do self bondage (for some reason it never occurred to me) but I love to be bound by my partner. I've had a fascination with it since childhood, seeing people tied up in movies for instance always made me giddy. Even somebody wearing a wide leather bracelet always makes me think "that should be attached to a chain"... ha!

But I have an extremely low risk tolerance and maybe sort of claustrophobia about any situation that I couldn't immediately escape, either being tied or in a confined space like a commercial airliner. Yet I have fantasies of being a prisoner. It's a total paradox. When my partner ties me up, he must always leave the wrist cuffs loose enough so I can just wriggle free if I need to.

In fantasies my partner never keels over from a heart attack and the house never catches fire, but in real life my brain goes to these "what if"'s and I find myself with a panic attack just thinking about it. So I totally relate, and like you, I don't know which emotion is stronger.
Princess

Post by Princess »

Exactly! I have such a hard time flying, or even in other situations where I feel trapped. So I don’t know why it makes me feel so aroused to think about being restrained by my own choice. Because it makes me feel terrified at the same time. I guess I’ll just have to dive in and give it a go!
cdinbonds

Post by cdinbonds »

Welcome!
If you choose to use your hunting knife as a release, be very careful. Pointy ends are likely to find skin. Much safer would be a pair of safety shears, (or EMT shears as they are sometimes called).

I would start with some light restraints, just tying my ankles together, then maybe add tying my knees, and wrists. See if you like the feel, but make it easy to get out without any special releases. Once you get used to tying and the feeling you can go as far as you like with timed releases and such.
There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

You might want to consider carabiners, you know, those metal spring loaded things that rock climbers use. Just for convenience, we keep rope knotted on the carabiner. We have leather cuffs with multiple slots for size and a metal loop that goes through the slot, and all my partner has to do is clip the carabiner onto the cuff, then tie the other end of the rope to the headboard or whatever, at the length he wants it. I can't really reach the carabiner with one hand but putting two in sequence will do it, I just tested it. I can reach and undo the further one. If you clip your wrists together this way you'd need enough rope slack (just a couple inches should do it) between them to reach the opposite carabiner or use two or more in sequence.

Without deliberately opening the carabiner you are restrained and can struggle all you want, you won't get anywhere although there might be slightly more slack than ideal. But if designed right you will be able to instantly escape without having to deal with extra implements that might get knocked away from you or be awkward to handle in an emergency. The down side is that incorporating the escape mechanism so directly into your restraint might subtract from the excitement of feeling, well, like you can't escape. But that's the whole conundrum people like you and me have, isn't it? :lol: