Curious

This is where you can introduce yourself to the other forum members. Do not be shy, we are all here for the same reason. (You do not have to introduce yourself if you don’t want to.)
Lyn

Re: Curious

Post by Lyn »

cdinbonds wrote:Welcome!
If you choose to use your hunting knife as a release, be very careful. Pointy ends are likely to find skin. Much safer would be a pair of safety shears, (or EMT shears as they are sometimes called).

I would start with some light restraints, just tying my ankles together, then maybe add tying my knees, and wrists. See if you like the feel, but make it easy to get out without any special releases. Once you get used to tying and the feeling you can go as far as you like with timed releases and such.
We have those EMT shears. I bought some when I felt scared he would poke out my eye with regular scissors or knife as he'd cut off an old used t-shirt from me. That's something we like to do, I put on some article of clothing we're ready to trash and he will cut or tear it off me while I'm tied down. It's hot.
lj

Post by lj »

Just to second the use of safety shears - they have several safety characteristics, they are not pointed so will not "stab", the pivot is substantial so the blades are unlikely to twist apart, the blades are short and sharp so will cut easily, one blade has a slightly serrated edge so the blades grip the rope (or whatever you are using), the handles are large and easily held so they can be accurately positioned, and provide good leverage to cut thick or tough materials. And finally, they are cheap ! in the UK £2 or thereabouts, you'd be pushed to buy a decent knife for anything like that, and ordinatry scissors at that price would be very poor quality.

When used by a paramedic they can cut through clothing very easily, to reach a wound, or in our case produce an almost instant release through several turns of rope.

A simple release can be made by using some cord, say 4-5mm diameter, and 5m long, tie a "Figure 8" knot to make a loop, then make a series of knots and loops fed through each other with the "tails" of the cord beyond the Figure 8 knot, making a tangled ball. All the knots should be loose, not pulled tight. You then use the loop to secure wrist ties, even chain loops padlocked on! All you have to do is undo all the knots, which will take however long you took to make the knot ball in the first place, plus any added difficulty (=time) like a blindfold or the whole tie behind your back, or above your head. Of course, at least in early experiments you still should have the safety shears nearby - as you "progress" a simple way of making theemergency release less attractive is to have the shears on a shelf, held in place by an expensive vase, sculpture or whatever you really would rather didn't break, with a cord dangling within reach, tied to the shears, so pulling the cord to get the shears drops the object to the floor!

The reason for the Figure 8 knot is that it can always be undone by alternating the direction a bend on either side of the knot, the leverage slowly releases the tension in the knot - it is used by rock-climbers as the main knot between the climbing rope and safety harness, and it can be undone even after a fall has put severe tension on the rope (I know this from experience...).
be a switch, double the fun :-)
Shannon SteelSlave

Post by Shannon SteelSlave »

Lyn wrote:he'd cut off an old used t-shirt from me. That's something we like to do, I put on some article of clothing we're ready to trash and he will cut or tear it off me while I'm tied down. It's hot.
Yes. Yes it is.......
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
I didn't know where else I could post these. Aren't they great? And yes he did finish!
5.jpg
Bondage is like a foreign film without subtitles. Only through sharing and practice can we hope to understand.
A Jedi uses bondage for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T!....I, I mean S-M-A-R-T!
👠👠
kinbaku

Post by kinbaku »

lj wrote:A simple release can be made by using some cord, say 4-5mm diameter, and 5m long, tie a "Figure 8" knot to make a loop, then make a series of knots and loops fed through each other with the "tails" of the cord beyond the Figure 8 knot, making a tangled ball.
For a figure of this: lj his figure 8 safety knot.
Princess

Post by Princess »

Thanks for all the great ideas! I am definitely interested in the carabiner idea, if I can wrap my head around how to set it up. So many possibilities to explore!!
ponylady

Post by ponylady »

Welcome aboard, princess.

Much has already been said. Just take it slowly and stay in your comfort zone.

Maybe just try using some of your scarves as rope and see where your imagination takes you.
[