bondage or truly bondage? (with poll)

"Normal bondage" with a partner. Post here if your post do not fit the selfbondage threads.

1) What is a "truly Bondage" for you? 2) Is self-bondage a "truly Bondage"?

Bondage isn't really bondage, until you want to get out! But you can't escape, someone else controls your bondage situation, and only someone else can set you free.
14%
Bondage is truly bondage, as long as your tied up in an inescapable bondage.
24%
Bondage is truly bondage, as long as your tied up, no matter if your in a inescapable or a escapable bondage.
6%
Self-bondage isn't really bondage. It can only be truly bondage if someone else controls your bondage situation. With self-bondage your still in control by yourself (and partly by the release mechanisme).
6%
Self-Bondage isn't really bondage, until you want to get out! As long as your tied up in an inescapable bondage, and you have to wait until a time-based release methode releases you.
12%
Self-Bondage is also a truly bondage, as long as your tied up in an inescapable bondage. And you can’t get out until the release mechanisme sets you free. And as long as you don’t have a backup emergency release mechanisme.
10%
Self-Bondage is also a truly bondage, as long as your tied up in an inescapable bondage. And you can’t get out until the release mechanisme sets you free. And as long as you don’t use the backup emergency release due that bondage time.
12%
Self-Bondage is truly bondage, as long as your tied up, no matter if your in a inescapable or a escapable bondage.
14%

Total votes: 49

looselois

Re: bondage or truly bondage? (with poll)

Post by looselois »

For me self bondage is either honor bondage or hard bondage. Honor bondage is were I am cuffed and bound but if I want release then I crawl to the next room, find the key and set myself free. The physical sensations between honor bondage and hard bondage are the same. In honor bondage I can still be painfully restrained but I have an out that I can choose to take. With hard bondage, my out is not under my control. It is an ice lock or a key in the post or whatever. Hard bondage is hotter and ultimately more satisfying but I don't practise it as much as honor bondage as it is also scarier. But the high I get from hard bondage is much more intense.
lugnuts

Post by lugnuts »

It's only true bondage if it involves that string stuff that comes in a can. :roll:

It's irrelevant. If you're having fun, and aren't going to end up in the emergency room or morgue, I'm happy for you.

is it true bondage if you want out, your top's trying to let you out, but she's lost the handcuff keys?
looselois

Post by looselois »

lugnuts wrote:It's only true bondage if it involves that string stuff that comes in a can. :roll:

It's irrelevant. If you're having fun, and aren't going to end up in the emergency room or morgue, I'm happy for you.

is it true bondage if you want out, your top's trying to let you out, but she's lost the handcuff keys?
Hi Lugnuts, I just meant that if the "out" is completely under my control then it is not as hot for me. I wasn't dissing anyone else's ideas of fun, just what turns me on. I know that "true bondage" in that sense if more dangerous but for me it is more exciting.