Effects of Fifty Shades Of Grey movie and book

Crazy news, jokes, humour and more or less funny things.
bound_jenny

Effects of Fifty Shades Of Grey movie and book

Post by bound_jenny »

I just heard something on the radio news that made me laugh myself to bits...

Since the book was released, various British first response agencies, police and fire, have spent a total of nearly 600 000 pounds :shock: on calls to release or otherwise rescue people from some... kinky situations. Mostly people stuck in handcuffs. :facepalm: They expect this weekend, with the release of the movie, to be a busy one for them. I'll bet it will - lots of novice kinksters will be trying out what they see in the movie - I figure that it will be really busy because there are a lot more people who go out to watch a movie than have the attention span required to read a whole book (which I heard described as a "bodice ripper" just this morning, a term I haven't heard in a long time and that made me laugh even harder).

Another interesting fact I noted through the endless reports on the movie and its release is that audiences are almost all women... :idea:

I suspect that even if the movie doesn't get rave reviews, there will be a lot of curious ladies who will find out that they're kinkier than they thought. :wink:

It could get really interesting if they decide that it's even more fun on the blunt end of the whip. :whip: :twisted:

To think that I became a kinky pervert because of some harmless cartoons. :mrgreen:

I've also heard that riding crops are in short supply. :rofl:

Jenny.
Helplessness is a doorway to the innermost reaches of the soul.
If my corset isn't tight, it just isn't right!
Kink is the spice of life!
Come to the Dark Side - we have cookies!
Sir Cumference

Re: Effects of Fifty Shades Of Grey movie and book

Post by Sir Cumference »

I giggled too, then looked at the numbers.

First thought:" Oh my, that is a lot of incidents..... But they are Brits.... Who wonders?"

But then:
Since April 2013 the capital's fire crews have:
Attended 28 incidents involving people being trapped in handcuffs
Removed 293 rings, including seven from male genitalia
Attended other incidents, including releasing men's genitals from toasters or vacuum cleaners
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-31428072

Whoaaaaa! 7 cock ring related incidents since 2013...... We're talking London! 8 Million people.... That is nothing!
(Or rather, that is less than one in a million :rofl: )

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-15883297
What?
Why call the emergency service to remove a stuck finger ring?
Just visit your doctor, the ER or even better: the local jeweller, who has a nifty little gizmo for removing rings with minimal damage to the ring.
~ Leatherworking, blacksmithing , woodworking and programming are the most pervertable skills you can learn! ~
boundsissy

Post by boundsissy »

To think that I became a kinky pervert because of some harmless cartoons. :mrgreen:

I'm just curious, what cartoon could this be? After all, Bugs Bunny does look good in drag. :rofl:
LOVE TO ALL
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

bound_jenny wrote:I just heard something on the radio news that made me laugh myself to bits...

Since the book was released, various British first response agencies, police and fire, have spent a total of nearly 600 000 pounds :shock: on calls to release or otherwise rescue people from some... kinky situations.

Jenny.
In Britain under the current idiots in power, with all the cuts, your lucky to get attended to by fire or medical services, and you only see the police if they come around to arrest you for tax dodging and then only if your not one of the rich to whom the law doesn't apply.

I'm pretty sickened all this Fifty Shades Of Grey crap going on. I'm all for people joining our way of thinking and being open minded but lets face it most of these people are only doing it because it is a trendy thing at the moment and not because they have a genuine interest.

and why is it that "main stream" films and books to hit the big time are only about women on the submissive side. Is there some sort of brain washing going on by the male powers to be that want to keep women in there place. There is little exploration of the male submissive.

BTY, has anyone actually read the book, the charity shops in England are full of them, I've read it and it is hardly a master piece of literature. I got the opinion that it was written under the notion that if it is shocking it will become a success, like writing a song that will get banned and instantly go to number one.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

Sir Cumference wrote:I giggled too, then looked at the numbers.

First thought:" Oh my, that is a lot of incidents..... But they are Brits.... Who wonders?"
Hey!, Bloody cheek.
Natale

Post by Natale »

If the above statistics are correct, 28 handcuff incidents out of 8 million people isn't much at all- either very few people use them OR there are many who are using them safely.

While it's true this movie is no doubt starting a fad and 'handcuff incidents' will temporarily rise, who knows- perhaps some will continue with their new found hobby. :D
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Do note that the numbers cited by Sir Cumference are for London only. The rest of the UK is just as perverted as the capital. In Scotland, the men wear skirts!

And I won't even get into what the Welsh are doing. :shock:

I must point out that I'm a resident of a former colony of Britannia - which just happens to have a town called Dildo (which itself is within shouting distance of another town called Spread Eagle). British perversion has been spread worldwide. 8)

Jenny.
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

bounddosster wrote:and why is it that "main stream" films and books to hit the big time are only about women on the submissive side. Is there some sort of brain washing going on by the male powers to be that want to keep women in there place. There is little exploration of the male submissive.
Disclaimer: This is me talking out my butt with absolutely no statistics to back me up. Hope no offense is taken as I really enjoy reading your posts.

Unfortunately, you are a minority within a minority, and as long as that is true you can't expect a block buster hit about the male submissive side.
It can't be brain washing by males as this book was written for women by a woman.
If more women do tend to go for the submissive side, I think it's due instinct or tendencies embedded by years of evolution. It's in the DNA.
Most people, I think, are Not hard core one way or the other, but somewhere in the middle. (somewhere on the shades of grey scale if you will)
meaning if you are strictly submissive you may be very rare indeed.
Even a submissive woman can take great pleasure in being a vicious and unforgiving top from time to time.
Besides, It's the people who decide what's a hit and what's a flop.
bounddosster wrote:I'm all for people joining our way of thinking and being open minded but lets face it most of these people are only doing it because it is a trendy thing at the moment and not because they have a genuine interest.
Who cares if it's trendy, that's the thing about being an alternative lifestyle. Come in.. Go out.. wear diapers.. or just experiment to see if you like it. All are welcome. Some of the people who try it just because it's trendy may come to realize they actually like it.

Anyway, time for more coffee to wake up now. :|
tiemeupalso

Post by tiemeupalso »

i am all for anything that will draw more women to the lifestyle.Domme or sub or switch.
lj

Post by lj »

and we've also had a supposed "leaked internal memo" from B&Q (for the foreigners, that's a UK chain (pun alert) of hardware supermarkets with a nice line in chain, ropes and padlocks) telling their staff to be alert to an increase in enquiries and advice using these sort of items in "unusual" circumstances...

As to the film and books, my view is that it has allowed a lot more freedom to discuss BDSM, almost everyone has an opinion on the content whether they have seen it or not, and that opens up the chance to explain what BDSM really is all about.

And if it nudges people into accepting their sexuality is not mainstream and trying a bit of kink, that's great. We all came into kink for some reason, something triggered the realisation that we had found our sexuality in an unconventional area, and sites like this confirm that we are not alone. FSOG is just another possible trigger to that realisation.
be a switch, double the fun :-)
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

BornThisWay wrote:
bounddosster wrote:and why is it that "main stream" films and books to hit the big time are only about women on the submissive side. Is there some sort of brain washing going on by the male powers to be that want to keep women in there place. There is little exploration of the male submissive.
Disclaimer: This is me talking out my butt with absolutely no statistics to back me up. Hope no offense is taken as I really enjoy reading your posts.
At least someone reads them, thanks.
BornThisWay wrote:Unfortunately, you are a minority within a minority,
That is nothing new for me. A trend setter, rebel, go getter or just plain awkward. :)
BornThisWay wrote:It can't be brain washing by males as this book was written for women by a woman.
Ok brain washing maybe a bit strong, but the publishing companies, film companies, distributors, share holders etc. , etc. are male dominated.
BornThisWay wrote:If more women do tend to go for the submissive side, I think it's due instinct or tendencies embedded by years of evolution. It's in the DNA.
I think more of social conditioning.
BornThisWay wrote:Besides, It's the people who decide what's a hit and what's a flop.
I regret that I think more and more people are becoming sheep these days and are blindly led.
bounddosster wrote:I'm all for people joining our way of thinking and being open minded but lets face it most of these people are only doing it because it is a trendy thing at the moment and not because they have a genuine interest.
BornThisWay wrote:Who cares if it's trendy, that's the thing about being an alternative lifestyle. Come in.. Go out.. wear diapers.. or just experiment to see if you like it. All are welcome. Some of the people who try it just because it's trendy may come to realize they actually like it.
I agree a valid point, It's just I like people to do things (think for themselves) because they have a genuine interest in something and not because of some trend setting fad.

Now I think I'll go have a cup of tea.
bound_jenny

Post by bound_jenny »

Why has this hilarious observation of the ineptitude of the general public when manipulating handcuffs turned so serious? Come on, guys! Lighten up!

I heard of the B&Q thing too. That also made me giggle. It reminded me of the numerous times I went to the local hardware store to get supplies for my various kinks - really long zipties make fantastic corset boning, cheap and readily available. A tall, stiletto-heeled, wasp-waisted lady coming to the checkout with a package of 48 inch zipties, duct tape, and a couple of bundles of rope makes for an interesting scene. No one talks, but their expressions say it all. Including mine, which is sort of the expression a cat has after having eaten the canary. The only thing missing is a feather floating down from my mouth when I hiccup. :mrgreen:

It's going to be interesting, after this movie has its run. The concept of BDSM and kink in general will become a bit more openly discussed. Who knows, we might evern have a spike in registrations here.

And have a good laugh at the sequel - Fifty Shades Of Stuck. :rofl:

Jenny.
BornThisWay

Post by BornThisWay »

bound_jenny wrote: A tall, stiletto-heeled, wasp-waisted lady coming to the checkout with a package of 48 inch zipties, duct tape, and a couple of bundles of rope makes for an interesting scene.
I love the visual :drool:
Last edited by bound_jenny on 16 Feb 2015, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: People do have a knack for messing up quotes... ;)
TNTBound

Post by TNTBound »

bound_jenny wrote:I heard of the B&Q thing too. That also made me giggle. It reminded me of the numerous times I went to the local hardware store to get supplies for my various kinks - really long zipties make fantastic corset boning, cheap and readily available. A tall, stiletto-heeled, wasp-waisted lady coming to the checkout with a package of 48 inch zipties, duct tape, and a couple of bundles of rope makes for an interesting scene. No one talks, but their expressions say it all. Including mine, which is sort of the the expression a cat has after having eaten the canary. The only thing missing is a feather floating down from my mouth when I hiccup. :mrgreen:

Jenny.
they're just jealous of all the fun your going to have Jenny. :wink:

I found that its quite difficult to go into tractor supply with a straight face and ask for two 14" sections of chain the other night. :oops: if the guy was to ask what I needed them for, they were to replace the safety chains on my trailer (SO not what they are being used for, LOL). im surprised at how little chain actually costs!

I think its cool that there is a movie for the masses now that's relative to the fun that we have with our kink.
For those that get it, no explanation is needed. For those that don't, no explanation is possible.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" - i can relate to this more and more the older i get!
bounddosster

Post by bounddosster »

BornThisWay wrote:
bounddosster wrote: A tall, stiletto-heeled, wasp-waisted lady coming to the checkout with a package of 48 inch zipties, duct tape, and a couple of bundles of rope makes for an interesting scene.
I love the visual :drool:
It would appear someone has confussed bound_jenny and myself. Got us bound together,
Now there is a real visual. :rofl:
I wonder who would be on top.